Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Cleos : 26th Feb 2015 at 12:49 PM.
Default Beyonce WIP - Would love feedback
Hi everyone!

I have been working on Beyonce for the past few days now, since I've got a couple of requests of doing her.
She's in my opinion one of the most beautiful singers alive. I really hope I can capture that in the game, too!
I know the nose is a bit edgy, and it should be rather round. The mask, is really actually really round so I'm wondering how I could sculpt it, Sims 4 isn't quite my game yet.
I'd like some really honest, genuine opinions on how to make her perfect - Any detail your eye catches that distracts you from seeing the resemblence, I'd love to know.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cleos
Hi everyone!

Oh looks on track, looks good. Congratulations on your good work

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:57 PM
She looks great! I would make her lips a tad thinner and her eyebrows a bit more arched
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
She looks great! I would make her lips a tad thinner and her eyebrows a bit more arched

I agree, maybe something more slanted eyes

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Theorist
#5 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
Her chin needs to be lowered, and her cheekbones are that definitive, perhaps add a bit more "cheek" to her cheeks to smooth her face out more, also her cheekbone apples (?) are bit lower/centered to her nostril bottom.

And as others said thinner lips, and more arched eyebrows, less sharp. Great job so far!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:44 PM
Thanks, you guys have been extremely helpful!
I cleaned up the facemask a bit, changed lips and defined the nose, and made the changes you all suggested.
Any more suggestions?

Theorist
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 12:20 AM
Ok looking good! Also maybe try shortening her nose a bit and adjust the lip height accordingly, make her top lip thinner, and make the brow arch a little less dramatic/high up. And then her jaw needs to go upwards a little bit more on her face to line up with her lips a bit better, if that makes any sense.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 12:49 PM Last edited by Cleos : 26th Feb 2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: ingame pictures added
Thanks TMBrandon, that was quite useful. The changes were subtle but effective in my opinion. I can't seem to get the arch of the eyebrows quite right, so I might need to make some changes on the skintone. If there are other changes I should be doing, please let me know

On the left is V2, middle V3.

In this photo she actually does have quite arched eyebrows
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 7:24 PM
YAS! Almost there! I think the very last thing you need to do is make her eyes less open and a bit longer (horizontally), and the top lip just a teeny smidge thinner. As for Bey's eyebrows, I think the problem may be that the arch is too far back from the center of her eye and bit too high, I tried making a visual for you: The vertical line is about where the arch should start, and then the curved line is how the brow should potentially flow, I suppose. :P

Also the face mask is brilliant, it's perfect, the skin kinda looks a bit saturated/distorted (can't think of the word, but it kind of has that rainbow mirror effect going on). Besides that, you're literally 1 step away from upload I think!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:20 PM
Thank you so much! That was really useful! I made some last changes, also swapped the eyes for something rather natural and shiny

What do you think of the changes I've made?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:27 PM
Hi, Cleo!!

You have potential, and get close enough, it is on track, but if you want to create a very very similar to those Sims, you have to look over some details.

For example important to always "eyebrows", eyebrows are something that completely changed the face if different to the real, so you have to find a way to get the almost perfect arc. (In the game or the game will is impossible, change in texture and looks testing, although the texture may look different in the game looks good).

The nose, watch the shadows and highlights, especially in Sims 4 along well since I'm testing as a creator in the new series, the texture of the nose is very narrow and if you put any point in the center in the mesh out much wider, so you have to play with the real picture of the nose and adapt very narrow tip and more wide nostrils.

The eyelid, you have to draw it closed, even cloning down, but a black shadow, which spoils the eyelid, eyelid although the bow is well managed is.

Eyes a little more narrow vertically, but very little ... Beyonce has a slightly slanted eyes.

Mouth, jaw up a touch more ...

I think these are points that improve the vision of your sims ...

(Another of my tricks is what I have done with capturing your beyonce. In photoshop, change these details and then attempt to apply these changes equally in the texture ... and you're trying to get your sims game remains similar to the edited with photoshop capture)

Hope you serve, but you know I do not understand the language and if not well understood ... I hope to continue seeing evolutions of your sims, can become very good ..

Eyebrows Pic

A greeting ...
Screenshots

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 1:50 AM
If you go into extra detail mode and click on the eyebrows and drag left-right you should be able to achieve a more arched look. Right now she looks great but a little angry
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:28 AM
Thank you all, I made some improvements here.
* I think the nose is so much better now, I might define it a bit better later on
* I figured the lashes on the skintone didn't work out and would become a dark blurry mess around the eyes, so I decided to go with a clean, silver eyelid and added accesoiry 3D lashes
* I think the arch of the eyebrows is now pretty spot-on, even though CAS wouldn't make me drag it any lower than it is right now.

Thoughts?

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:16 PM Last edited by SeluXereZ : 6th Mar 2015 at 2:01 PM.
Much better, especially the eyebrows a big change for the better. ^^

Code:
Ahh a curiosity, is nonsense that you may already know, but until recently I did not realize. I used a programapara capture images of CAS, but I realized that even in the CAS, pressing "C" photographing the sims (unencumbered by the arrow menu or the bar below) ..  

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Theorist
#15 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:44 PM
Wow she looks gorgeous, especially with that second hairstyle, all I can picture is her singing XO. lol :P
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th May 2015 at 7:01 AM
Hey she looks great!! Here is my feedback: Make her lower eyelid touch her iris, and make her iris a little bit bigger. But she is already looking like B, Good Work!!!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:51 PM
Aargh, what chance do we non mask makers have against this perfection? She is unmistakably Beyonce.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.