Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:43 PM Last edited by niol : 16th May 2008 at 5:58 PM.
Default How to change wall sizes through lot-modding: HEX-editting on Grid Point Value in 3D array Instance 1
A. Functions:
Lot-modding to
1. Decide the Height Location, Size and Shape of Wall Segments;
2. Make Floor Grid Layers Crossed/Intertwined
(by HEX-editting on Grid Point Value in 3D array Instance 1)

B. Components:
1. The rtf file is where the text are.
2. All the graphics are for the tutorial.

C. Respondents:
1. For those who can notice mistakes or errors, please tell and post in this thread, thanks...
2. For those with questions, post here also. Thanks.

D. HEX-Editing:
1. May get an external HEX-editor to help edit the HEX codes by extracting and re-importing the file.

E. Update Notes:
1. if there's a swim-pool in your lot, the swim-pool walls's grid points will show up first, to reduce the workload to calculate where the origin is at, it's advised to build the pool afterwards.
2. If you want to ensure you're modding the right grid points, while in-lot in-game, give those grid points unique heights, it's gonna be a multiple of 0.1875.
2b. If you use an external HEX-editor, you can just simply make unique height and use the HEX-editor to convert them massively.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  2-products.rar (976.7 KB, 156 downloads) - View custom content
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:27 AM
Not sure I'll be much help, but I'll have a look at it still. Thanks Niol.
Site Helper
#3 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
1. if there's a swim-pool in your lot, the swim-pool walls's grid points will show up first, to reduce the workload to calculate where the origin is at, it's advised to build the pool afterwards.
This doesn't always work; I have seen lots without a pool where the minimum level is still -1.

The minimum level is contained in the WGRA record, so you might want to update your tutorial to reflect this. For more information, see Note 7 in the description of 3D Array instance 1:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...nstance_ID_0x01
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:27 PM Last edited by niol : 31st Jul 2008 at 5:41 PM.
That is why "it's advised to build the pool afterwards" coz once the grid layer is activated and saved in a lot package, it stays even if the pool is removed.

Anyway, that's a good point to elaborate... I didn't explain the reason .