Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:24 PM
Default No Weather Clouds :(
Hi,
I created custom weather for my world.
There are clouds on the sky (CaW).
But in the game, there are no clouds on the sky.
It just changes the sky color and there are no overcast clouds.
The same problem appears in Bridgeport, Twinbrook, Appaloosa Plains, China and France…

How can I fix the problem here ?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 4:37 AM
This sounds like the same issue I've been experiencing- I mention it in post # 51 here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198

The solution is to save, exit to main menu and reload the save. I'm having to do this each game session, otherwise I'm just getting blank skies (the same in China, France etc). If you have any further questions regarding weather/ sea/ sky parameters, please post them in that thread.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:02 AM
I am experiencing the same problem, after I edited an installed world. It seems to work fine for new games that use that world, but for existing save games, I cannot see any clouds / fog.

Is there is any other solution, other than going to main menu everytime you load a game?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:09 AM
No sure way that I've managed to find, ocorreia. I sometimes manage to trick it by playing for a few sim hours before save/reload, and I've found that if that doesn't work then closing the game, deleting caches (including world caches) and rebooting can sometimes help.

I'm seeing this currently in Lunar Lakes, so it's definitely not something limited to custom worlds. I think the game is loading the ramp information cleanly but not the cloud layers.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd May 2014 at 5:33 AM
I'm having the same problem. Someone did not find a solution?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2014 at 5:10 PM
You have to save and enter the main menu and reload the town (as a save game) and voilà the weather clouds should be all there.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th May 2014 at 4:06 AM
I've done that, but gave no results. Since I posted the last post here the clouds had appeared in my game after I deleted some downloaded skins. But now the clouds are gone again.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deckete
I've done that, but gave no results. Since I posted the last post here the clouds had appeared in my game after I deleted some downloaded skins. But now the clouds are gone again.

HEYY , so I've had this problem for a month, and I've searched the whole internet for a solution but found NOTHING (of course, other than reloading the game), But then.....My last resort was ticking the"Enable Advanced Rendering" box at the graphics settings ingame. Then the shadows and clouds were back! I'm sorry if this was not helpful
~kbai pls dont kill me for reviving this thread~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 2:57 PM
Thanks for that @Kageshrimpro - it could indeed be helpful to someone!