Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 21
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:31 AM
This looks beautiful but I am having trouble. I have downloaded all the files twice but when I try to do the next step I get a notice that the file is broken. Does this mean a problem in downloading the files?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#302 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:57 PM
This world is AMAZING! The landscape looks great, and you also put a lot of effort into your community lot. Instead of the clubs being one big room with a dance place, you make them several rooms with furnishings and all. Also I love your tombs. I have only been able to access one so far (abandoned battery base) but the tomb is done well and at times I stop and think, where do i go now.
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:58 AM
It worked! Although I had to use moveObject on to place the hospital. The lots where there but the building itself was just gone. I could see the outline of where they were supposed to be and they had name and description when I entered build mode.
I haven't tried the hospital yet but I've got a teenager working at the spa so I suppose both works now The family lives in one of the gorgeous huge mansions, it's lovely!

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Field Researcher
#304 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:24 AM
I have a question... I can't find the hospital! I've been up and down every street using the camera at a sim's eye view, and looking with a bird's eye view, and I just cannot find it. Is there one placed? Or do I have to place one myself?

If there is one placed, is it possible for me to see a screen shot with a circle around it or something marking where it's at? I have a few sims that I want to work there since I'm filling the town up myself.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#305 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:58 PM
Kayleena - I had the same problem - if you read the tread you'll see lots of solutions. One of them worked for me
Test Subject
#306 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:17 PM
Unique problem?
I have quite wird problem. I extracted all, I installed in sims 3 launcher... Everythings fine, until... i chosing a town Jericho, game loading, loading, loading... and game's crashing to the desktop and says "Program stopped working" or something like that. I have orginal sims, every expansion, but not adventures. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#307 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nyoleen
I have quite wird problem. I extracted all, I installed in sims 3 launcher... Everythings fine, until... i chosing a town Jericho, game loading, loading, loading... and game's crashing to the desktop and says "Program stopped working" or something like that. I have orginal sims, every expansion, but not adventures. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

The world requires Adventures in order for you to play it. You won't be able to bypass that as the world does use a few lot zonings that came from Adventures.

Quote: Originally posted by TezaG78
Kayleena - I had the same problem - if you read the tread you'll see lots of solutions. One of them worked for me

Ah, I didn't notice this was an issue for everyone else. Thanks! I'll have to fix it then.
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:21 AM
You're welcome I hope one of the solutions works for you as it did for me, it's a wonderful world to play with

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Test Subject
#309 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
The world requires Adventures in order for you to play it. You won't be able to bypass that as the world does use a few lot zonings that came from Adventures.

Ah, I didn't notice this was an issue for everyone else. Thanks! I'll have to fix it then.

ooooh

BUT THANX
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#310 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 10:16 AM
I've been looking for a new world to play in and this one is the best out there IMO.
Only problem I had was that the hospital was missing, but I just replaced it with one from another world and it works fine now Really great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#311 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 2:10 AM
EDIT: Nevermind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#312 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:59 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find it. I don't have Pets at the moment. Has anyone played this without Pets?

NEVER MIND -- JUST SAW YOUR ANSWER TO SWETCARAMEL. OH, WELL... I'LL SAVE THE DOWNLOADS IN CASE I DECIDE TO TAKE A CHANCE ON PETS.
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiejesse8
This looks beautiful but I am having trouble. I have downloaded all the files twice but when I try to do the next step I get a notice that the file is broken. Does this mean a problem in downloading the files?

I have the same problem - tried 3 complete DLs on different days - when I try unpacking the files I get a message saying that the file is corrupt. Really wanted to play this - it looks so amazing.
Test Subject
#314 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:37 PM
I've got another question. There were 2 schools in the beginning, but I deleted one of them earlier on because I didn't need it. Now that the Sims clutter in front of the one school for 3 hours and half of them end up leaving, I've placed the other school but they don't seem to go to it. I don't know if it was working in the beginning, but how would I go about getting the Sims to use both schools? I deleted them both and replaced them again, if that does anything.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#315 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:38 AM
I was really interested in your inspiration as well, so thanks for letting us know that (back in comment #79)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#316 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:07 PM
Thanks so much for building this world! I admire all the planning and the many little details that have gone into the making of Jericho....it is amazing. I do have a couple of questions

1. If I save a copy of some of the duplex type lots (or loft type lots), that have npc sims living next door, into my lot bin, will they work the same in my other worlds?

2. If I decide to delete some of the duplex type lots in Jericho and replace them with single family houses (ones other people have made) will that mess up the game? Do I need all of those lots for the NPCs that work the cash registers?

I guess I'm not sure how all the npc stuff works. Everything works great in my game by the way. I'm not missing any buildings or having weird things happen so that is a plus! I just don't want to go and screw anything up.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#317 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 11:21 PM
Thank you all for your replies!

katiejesse8- Did you get it working? Read the instructions carefully, it tells you how to rename the files or browse to the next part. Otherwise, try the alternative download links on the first page.

Peterskywalker!- Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you like the world and are having fun with the tombs! I had a lot of fun building them!

TezaG78- I'm glad you got them working, well done!

Kayleena- Did you get it fixed? It's the 'County Care General Hospital' object from Riverview, for some reason with some people the Riverview rabbitholes are getting lost. I can't reproduce this, so have no idea why it's happening- it must be something to do with the Riverview install.

nyoleen- The requirements for Jericho are written in the first post, World Adventures is required I'm afraid.

Zetsubou- I'm glad you got it working, and are having fun!

AmandaSowards- It needs Pets, I'm afraid!

eclipsse- Did you try the alternative download links?

Skullith- Hehe, now you are finding out why I placed two schools! If you add another school, any sims that age up to child will be added to that school automatically if it is the nearest school to them, so after some time you will see students there. If you want to add a sim immediately to that school I think you should be able to click on the school and transfer your sim there, but bear in mind that I play a modded game so I may be confusing that with something a mod does.

allburningup- Thanks for the nice comment, I'm glad someone is reading what I write!

RemsGirl- Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm glad you are enjoying Jericho! To answer your questions- 1) Yes, 2) No, deleting the lot will not delete the NPCs (they will be 'homeless' but still available to the world). So deleting the lot is safe. You should be able to delete any lot in Jericho and replace it without causing any problems. I'm glad it's all working well for you!
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eclipsse
I have the same problem - tried 3 complete DLs on different days - when I try unpacking the files I get a message saying that the file is corrupt. Really wanted to play this - it looks so amazing.

Got it through the alternative download - and boy was it worth the wait! Now all installed and I have created a new family to explore it...

It really is a fantastic world - beautiful, with incredible detail - and I love the descriptions of the buildings! Thank you so much for this - I can't imagine the time and effort it has taken to produce such an interesting, intricate place - looking forward to many happy hours playing it! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#319 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:38 PM
I am stunned and amazed at how beautifully detailed and well-thought out world this is. Absolutely wonderful. Can't imagine how long it took!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#320 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 11:11 AM
eclipsse- I'm glad you got it working! Thank you for the great comment.

Jenesis- That's really nice of you to say, thank you! Jericho took me almost two years, but I did work, eat, live, research lots of things, make a small world for my daughter and attend lots of music concerts in that time, too.

Thank you all for downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#321 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:01 AM
Is it possible to use a hospital and whatever else was used from Riverview from a neighborhood other than Riverview? I tried installing Riverview, but it literally will not install - I have tried pretty much everything - and my Jericho currently has no hospital. :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#322 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:02 PM
Lakitty- Yes, that is possible, although you will be missing some of the recolours that I made for the Riverview rabbitholes. You may find that you have a lot of other items missing, too! A far better solution would be to get your Launcher working, install Riverview and start a fresh Jericho game.

These articles should help:
Game Help:EADM Issueswiki
Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki
Test Subject
#323 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 6:39 PM
What other things do you know of that might be missing? I've noticed I can't get the sky texture working either. For now I've stuck the Bridgeport hospital in Jericho though, which seems to be working well.

As for why Riverview won't install... for some reason it acts like it installed, but when I go to check none of the files were installed and restarting the launcher indicates that it isn't installed. I already tried bug fixes, but none of them seem to work. :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#324 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:05 AM
Lakitty- I've used the Riverview deco objects in the world and on lots. For example, a water tower, the cow standee, water troughs, no fishing sign, windmills, the scarecrow... you will see a bird hovering in the air instead of sitting on the scarecrow's shoulder!
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums...eenshot-132.jpg
If Riverview won't install then it indicates that one or more of your DCCache files are glitched, so following the solutions in the articles I linked will help you to solve this.

The sky texture has nothing to do with Riverview; that is an EA bug that affects all worlds. There are solutions for this in the 'known issues and notes' list on the first page.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#325 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 8:59 AM
I simply love this world! I used to don't like unpopulated worlds but populating this one was just pure pleasure

I had a great time of laugh when I saw Biggus Diccus house! LOL
Page 13 of 21