Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
...my uncanny uninformed intuition would say we should rest assured that EA knows about the issue

*simsample kisses kiwi* :lovestruc
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#152 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:18 PM
I honestly feel like a noob, considering this an entire discussion about the topic and I'm probably asking a real simple question:

There are 5 different types of weather: Sunny, Slightly Cloudy, Over Cast... etc. etc.
How does the weather change because from my experience playing I haven't seen change in weather at all unless its a difference of like the weather at 3am vs. 6pm.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Retired
retired moderator
#153 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:35 PM
Which world are you talking about? Weather usually changes every 8 hours, but the default inis are very plain. You'll find more variety in a world like Bridgeport.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Top Secret Researcher
#154 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:57 PM
IN any, Ive played them all extensively except Starlight, I dont seem to have weather.

I just am asking this because I think it is key to help me understand how this works and how to apply it.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#155 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 12:50 AM
I think you are probably describing the bug where clouds do not show sometimes. This occurs in Sims 3 and in CAW, in both custom and EA worlds and seems to be a game bug.

If you play the world fot a while, then save, exit to main menu and reload, the clouds will usually show up. If not, exiting the game, deleting caches, reloading and repeating the save>exit>reload usually works. For CAW, usually a reboot of the program will fix this.
Top Secret Researcher
#156 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:36 AM
Also, I'm trying to import the Bridgeport .ini files and color ramps into my world, but I cant seem to find the files they are supposed to replace, in S3PE, all I'm getting ins the /IMGs and such

Also, I'm sorry if I'm a noob, but I'm a bit new to this soo...

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Also, I'm trying to import the Bridgeport .ini files and color ramps into my world, but I cant seem to find the files they are supposed to replace,

They won't replace any files in your custom world, unless you already imported some sea/sky files in previously, and have not saved the world in CAW.
Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:05 AM
Oh, so I just place them in there and thats it?

What about the .ini's?

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#159 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:09 AM
Yes, just import them to your CAW world file using S3Pe, and save in S3Pe. Don't save in CAW though or else the ini files will be deleted and you'll need to reimport them.
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
I Don't know if it was mentioned before but is there a way to keep the .ini files while saving the world? Also, if so where would you place them.

OK, I imported the .dds files and opened my world, and although I got the effect of Bridgeport Weather The water became completely see-through.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:32 AM
Only if you rename them and place them in a special folder. Details here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283
Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:32 AM
OH, whoops, I did this before you replied:

OK so I imported the .ini files into the .world file itself and I saved and closed CAW, and reopened it, and the same effects were there that were there when I saved it

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:04 PM
So it's all working? Great, well done!
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:55 AM
Just a question. Does a 0.0 probability mean it wil NEVER occur or sometimes? and for the.ini files and the ramps, if I don't need one, can I remove it altogether?

GTA V
Test Subject
#165 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:18 AM
Hey First I want to thank you guys for all the amazing info you posted here it's very helpful. However I still don't understand quite a lot ^^

So this is my first attempt to change the weather for my world. I wanted to create a very sunny and bright environment so the first thing I did was to change the SunlightScale to a higher value. This caused the objects to be brighter which looks quite natural on the smaller objects. Unfortunately the distant terrain looks completely ridiculous:

Is there any way around this or should I edit some other values to get the effect without having glowing distant terrain?
Top Secret Researcher
#166 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:39 PM
As far as I've read, the glow has to do with a number called bloom. I believe it's mentioned in the. First few pages but I don't understand it too well, I left it as is. I'd wait for sims ample and not Listen to me anyway

GTA V
Test Subject
#167 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:22 PM
As far as I've read, the glow has to do with a number called bloom. I believe it's mentioned in the. First few pages but I don't understand it too well, I left it as is. I'd wait for sims ample and not Listen to me anyway

Nope, I didn't touch bloom, just the [Lighting] SunlightScale . The regular objects aren't glowing, just the distant terrain. It seems the highest value you can set it to is 2,5 until it starts looking really odd.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#168 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM
Just a question. Does a 0.0 probability mean it wil NEVER occur or sometimes? and for the.ini files and the ramps, if I don't need one, can I remove it altogether?

From my observations it seems that it appears very seldom, as the probability figure seems to be a weighting rather than an actual probability. However, I need to do more testing to actually say for sure. The EA vacation worlds have only two weather types, and for France one of those is 1.0 and one is 0.0. So I'm assuming that they wouldn't have bothered doing the second weather type at all if it wasn't going to at least show up some of the time. But, you never know with EA...

alice4artz- I think you're going to have to reduce the Sunlightscale to get rid of that. The daytime bloom only seems to affect the bloom on the sun/sky, and not so much on objects, from what I've seen. Maybe the distant terrain has a high specularity? Are you not noticing that objects like tables and kitchen surfaces are glowing with that setting also? There are some figures called 'BloomRampIntensity' and 'BloomRampThreshold' that might be worth looking at, I haven't experimented with those yet. Maybe those bloom settings were what Riptide was referring to?
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:22 PM
SO if I removed it it would use the defaults for custom?

Also: I was checking out my world, Sturgeon Bay, in EIG and whenever I zoomed out the opposite side would cover witha white screen. Any Ideas? I don't think its weather I think it has something to do with graphics.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:44 PM
Yes, any weather types not modded should use the defaults, but of course you may hardly ever see them depending upon your custom probabilities.

For the white screen, can you show a screenshot?
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:31 PM
Ok so here's what happened: I was looking at Jericho (Beautiful World, btw ) an I noticed you included a map. So I thought it was a good idea to include a so-far map of my world to show how its coming along. Unfortunately, when I zoomed out This white screen covered my world:

In the picture, only half of my world is visible:

TO make the map I had to make 2 parts. Your world is big, how did you do it?

Also, for some reason after the new patch in CAW, the fog option sometimes stops working and so does the weather sliders.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:18 PM
My Jericho map was made in-game not in CAW, and was created from around 16 or so images all spliced together. You can see this if you look closely; the perspective of the buildings and objects looks odd as a result. You might be able to get a better shot in CAW by changing the LOD transition in camera settings, but in-game you have no way of getting rid of the fog.

The fog/weather options is a bug that occurs in-game and in CAW; the way to solve it is to restart CAW.
Top Secret Researcher
#173 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:28 PM
The thing is is occurs every time I use it. So if someone happened to zoom out in-game, would they see it? Because I want to make it as playable as possible.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:48 PM
When playing a world in-game, once you get the clouds working for that session, it sticks. The problem is getting the clouds to show in the first place! This glitch exists in the EA worlds too; for example Starlight Shores and Lunar Lakes have lovely clouds, but sometimes it's necessary to reload a save to have the clouds show.

In CAW, the problem seems to occur intermittently, but rebooting the program always seems to solve it.
Top Secret Researcher
#175 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:23 PM
Well not the clouds, would the giant white/black screen be visible?

GTA V
Page 7 of 18