Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Altar

by IndigoRage Posted 8th Dec 2005 at 8:21 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:36 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 8:22 AM
(Reserved)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 9:00 AM
Cool. It certainly different from all the others
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 9:29 AM
I was hoping for an abject like this. The wedding thing we had was so unreal...This is much better! Thanx
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 10:57 AM
Oh boy! This is great!!!! I was wanting an altar to put in my sim churches, but this is even better than what I was hoping for. It actualy has a function, the sims can actualy get married with this!!! Your the best Indigo!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 11:03 AM
Thank you - I hade a wedding last night and it did looked wird with a wedding arch in a church. Im looking forward see it in my little local church en pleasentville
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 12:13 PM
nice work indeed ...... downloading now
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 12:47 PM
Is there anyway I can get this to show up in the community lot catalogues?
Alchemist
#9 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 1:01 PM
Thank you!! I wanted an alternative to the old wedding arch and this is more realistic too.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 1:08 PM
Answered my own question! For those who want to know how to get the altar in their community churches (like I did) this tutorial shows you how:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...light=community

It's really simple too!
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 1:40 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 1:46 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:36 PM
This will Help with the many cultural and diverse religions of people who play the sims..Although it may not cover them all,It is a start atleast. Perhaps maxis assumed that their sims were of one religion and people would just accept it as such. Ha, I say, and Thank You very much..

Little Yellow Rubber Ducks
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 3:12 PM
This is wonderful. The arch is fine for outdoor weddings, but I was always a bit disappointed that they didn't include something more suitable for indoors. Thank you for the hard work, and thanks to Echo, too.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 5:50 PM
Finally...I had never even thought to request an item like this but I had noticed its lack on occasion when I wanted to have indoor weddings at my community church lots and the arch just looks so odd. I love this alter! Thank you.
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 8:43 PM
Now if we could request that we could have the hand-fasting altar as well as a Shinto marriage ritual along with the Hindu marriage ceremony.... (Which I realized now, some need new animations which wouldn't become available until later.)

But for now, all of my Univeralist, Catholic, Modern Japanese, Las Vega "shot-gun marriages" performer, and even some Yevonite sims would appreciate the altar as the alternative to the wedding arch since it was not as "secular" as some of the marriages performed in the backyard.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 9:41 PM
This looks to good to be true! Iv'e been searching all the pay sites 'cause I thought something this good would have to be listed there, but-praise the sim goddess- you made one!!!!!! thankyou soooooooooooo much for sharing!!!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 11:40 PM
Cool! Someone should make some recolors that represent different religions, or modify it. I'd especially like to see a pagan handfasting altar.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 12:25 AM
Dark Delights & fairylust: If you give me some good reference pictures, I can make a handfasting altar - though it's my experiance that handfastings are as widely deversified as the stars above. =)

I do agree, DD, that some varity in ceremony would make things interesting, but we'll have to solve the mysteries of animation first.

~I
#20 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 1:58 AM
I have just a word to describe this work... ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! I've been looking for ages for something like this for my churches/crypts. Thanks man, you made my day! :D
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:31 AM
:joy: Yes! Finally the finishing touch for my church.
Thanks, IndigoRage :joy:
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 7:38 AM
this looks great....dl rite now.....i have just the perfect couple for it too......thanks...

check out my story http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9158

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why its call "the present".
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 5:07 PM
Great job this is just what I need. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 9:20 PM
Just what I wanted, thanks!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 12:31 AM
yay!! i dont feel weird about getting my sims married anymore! for some reason the wedding arch isnt like.... i dunno, it doesnt say "we're married now" lol! thanks! this is perfect!!

mjfan84

As of May, 2007 mjfan84 is retired.
I'm devoting my time to my youtube account. www.youtube.com/mjfan84
I won't be uploading, however I'll be here to answer questions, and my uploads will stay up!
Page 1 of 3