Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Altar

by IndigoRage Posted 8th Dec 2005 at 8:21 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:36 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 2:41 AM
thanks, what a good Idea. We dont use archs where I come from, so I had trouble relating to it. This will make so much more sense

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:56 PM
Thank You!!
:smash: Maxis for not thinking of this & thanks for giving me my most wanted object.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 2:33 PM
Thank You! Great job!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 6:17 AM
Yiippiieeeeee!!!

~*Did you know, that Kiwi kt, hates eating kiwis? She is named after her lip gloss. *~
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:57 PM
i love when i find exactly what i'm looking for!

*downloads*

Thanks! now i'm off the find a pulpit, some pews, and a ladies tuxedo, and the i can marry off every sim in green acres...
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 4:15 PM
Thanks
This is cool
#32 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 6:25 PM
Cool!! Perfect. so cool...
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 4:16 PM
Thank you very much!!!
I like!!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 9:28 PM
beautiful
i was really wanting new archs
noow please make more
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:42 PM
I've been using this and even though I've got the 'weddings without Maxis default formalwear' hack installed, if my sims try and get married at the altar they change into the Maxis default clothes...but they still change into the normal formalwear if they get married at an arch...:s
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 6:16 AM
lilistcyr: My guess is that the hack does not account for any other types of arches.

Pax,
Indigo
Instructor
#37 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:01 PM
Is this community lot enabled? I tried to do it following the tutorial and I got confused, because there are four different entries under "object data," and I don't understand which one I should be changing. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:57 PM
By default, it is not Community Lot enabled, however - if you have the University expansion it's pretty easy to place. Simply enter your lot, pull up the command line (CRTL+Shift+C) and type: ChangeLotZoning Residential, hit Enter
Save the lot and exit to the neighborhood.
Enter the lot, place the altar, pull up the console again, and type: ChangeLotZoning Community, hit Enter
Save and exit to the neighborhood.

Without University, I'm not quite sure how to enable an object for Community placement, but I can look into it.

Pax,
Indigo
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 1:40 AM
This is cool, but..... Could make it so you can marry with a low relationship and teens can marry too? I run an old fasioned neighborhood
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:59 PM
Treebrooke: That would require some serious BHAV editing ~ a task that is slightly beyond my capacity. Perhaps someone is the Requests > Object Hacks or even Echo Eternity could better assist with this than I.

I made this as a "clean" or "unhacked" object, so as not to make any such global changes to anyone else's game, and to serve as a base object for people requesting such modifications.

Pax,
Indigo
Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilistcyr
I've been using this and even though I've got the 'weddings without Maxis default formalwear' hack installed, if my sims try and get married at the altar they change into the Maxis default clothes...but they still change into the normal formalwear if they get married at an arch...:s

That's probably because this has a different GUILD and 2 jeffs hack is only for the Maxis arch. I noticed this too and the same thing happens with the hacked community lot arch on here. It's still a nice item though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 9:05 PM
themaltesebippy (and others using hacks):

You're going to discover this object is not supported by those hacks, as it did not exist when they were made. If you'd like to use such hacks with this object, you will HAVE to contact the author of your perticular hack and request support be added for this object.

I grant permission for hack authors to include this object in their works. If there are any questions, please refer to this post.

Pax,
Indigo
Forum Resident
#43 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 11:24 PM
This is what I've been waiting for a longer time. Now I can decorate the churches of my neighbourhood and use this as well. Thank you for your work and time!
hexameter
Forum Resident
#44 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 11:26 PM
That will be perfect for my sim churches, and it's finally time that someone made this! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 1:54 PM
Ah, thank you! I love it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 1:03 AM
I am so glad I found this. And to think it's been here so long without me finding it before. I was looking for an invisible wedding arch for a less formal tropical backyard wedding but I think this will blend nicely into my set up. It's not so huge and white and attention grabbing.

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:29 PM
is this working for OFB?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:32 PM
Yavanna - As far as I know it should work with OfB. Though I haven't had any post-OfB weddings yet, the object does show in the catalog, so I suspect it will. It was made from a base Sim2 object (the wedding arch), so it should always be compatible with future add-ons.

Pax,
Indigo
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoRage
Yavanna - As far as I know it should work with OfB. Though I haven't had any post-OfB weddings yet, the object does show in the catalog, so I suspect it will. It was made from a base Sim2 object (the wedding arch), so it should always be compatible with future add-ons.

Pax,
Indigo

I have been told that it does work for OFB - I'm due to test it in the next few days. I'll try and report back.

Incidentally, if you could enable it for community lots that would be great. The problem with using the changelotzoning cheat is that it can make it impossible to place gravestones properly on the lot after it has been used. It's not possible, therefore, to have a church with a graveyard AND the altar.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:58 PM
Hmm.. never had that perticular problem... I'll see about making it Community-placeable when I've a chance. I'm still unpacking so it's going to take me some time to get caught up.

I do have a decorative gravestone I've been debating releasing... this might be a good reason to do so.....

Pax,
Indigo
Page 2 of 3