Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:20 AM Last edited by trystiane : 30th Apr 2012 at 9:26 PM.
Default Brown Muck Color after deleting key and img files
So, I am editing a premade world for lot sizes, and I got the brown muck problem. I opened the .world file up in S3pe, deleted the key file and all of the img files that showed terrain and roads. Now the world looks fine when I first load the game, but the brown muck comes back when I enter a lot. Its not on the lot itself, but the surrounding chunk of terrain. The other chunks of terrain look fine from there. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd May 2012 at 5:56 AM
I've never had that happen, but I seem to remember it being caused by removing the base(default) terrain, usually sand or grass...depending on whether it's a lush or desert world. The key file could be a problem, too.

It sounds like the things you're deleting in S3PE could be more safely removed in CAW after file conversion(sounds like you've already extracted). You do have to keep the base terrain, but should be able to change it to whatever you want in CAW, using Right Click > Edit on the base terrain paint layer.

It sounds like your mip maps haven't regenerated either, in which case the close-up view would be the accurate one.

I haven't extracted a world in like half a year, but used the info here, when I did...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

Hope it helps

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd May 2012 at 6:04 PM
Yes, I would suspect the terrain paint format, as Frog mentioned. Are you using custom terrain paints?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2012 at 6:38 PM
Thanks both of you. I just scrapped it and started over. Its working now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 12:40 PM