Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 9:26 PM
YAY *grabs heaven and jumps up and down and all around*

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:09 AM
I'm outlining a story, but I need one of the characters to be a ghost. I don't have the heart to kill a sim, and I'm not sure I have time to get the Oh my Ghost opportunity even if I do manage it. (Not to mention that I'm going to need him alive again for the Time Travel segment, and then back as a playable ghost when they return...)

Is it allowed to use the sim transformer to change a sim's species for the story?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm outlining a story, but I need one of the characters to be a ghost. I don't have the heart to kill a sim, and I'm not sure I have time to get the Oh my Ghost opportunity even if I do manage it. (Not to mention that I'm going to need him alive again for the Time Travel segment, and then back as a playable ghost when they return...)

Is it allowed to use the sim transformer to change a sim's species for the story?

I don't even know what that is. I don't see why it wouldn't. You don't have to actually play through a game to post. Just make it LOOK like you did. So you could essentially create a character, start a game and save. Then save as for a different version and kill him in the second version. Also, I believe master controller allows you to select opportunities but I'm not for sure.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:18 AM
I believe Master Controller also has an option for changing your character into an occult but I don't think ghost is an option. But you could always force kill the character, then call up the opportunity and then just walk up to the science laboratory.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Forum Resident
#30 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:23 AM
Ghost - I had that story last year....
1: Make your sim best friends with someone. (you can do this Via MC)
2: Kill your sim (I drowned mine - just remember they are pixels and not real, and you have to die to be a ghost derr)
3: Use MC to force the Oh my Ghost opportunity then walk them down to the science facility (the sims you made as you ghost friends) Boom you a ghost !

To make you story - you will probably need to make several saved games (copies of the origional) So you can switch between them.

Forum Resident
#31 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 6:10 AM
Ah, you're doing this again? Oh, I want to enter so badly. I wish I'd had the chance last time. But it's been so long since I've played the game. I don't even think my game opens anymore without a CTD. I'd love to try and enter but between having to take pictures and figuring out how to play the game again, it might not happen. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm gonna try my hardest. I'm so glad there's a new deadline, because it'll help sort out my game and figure out what's wrong with it.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#32 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:02 AM
Perhaps Ghost was wondering if using a hack to procure the ghostie would count against her as CC?

It's awesome to see new entries here, I'm jealous .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:05 AM
YAY lifeslover, I am probably pushing this a bit far too. I feel the same I haven't played like this since the last story contest. eeep.

Theorist
#34 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 2:44 PM
...want to join...wish I have no coming exams...
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Melibee1323 : 25th Jun 2012 at 3:18 PM.
oooh i might join.
The new due date is July 8th right? That should give me enough time
I will start geting to work

ITs going to be aout a tragic hero
which, now that i think about it, might suck if I dont want to kill her off in the end :/

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
~Mr. Eko, LOST
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:51 PM
I think im gonna change it so it's not a tragedy :D

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:53 PM
YAY Enthusiastic participants! Come one, come all, we'll have a good time here!
Site Helper
#38 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Perhaps Ghost was wondering if using a hack to procure the ghostie would count against her as CC?

It's awesome to see new entries here, I'm jealous .

Yes, exactly. The sim transformer transforms sims to various occults and back. I also discovered that even though I don't have LN it lets me have a ghost who died of thirst, which looks even more appropriate than the meteor strike ones do. (Although I almost cried to see the condition the poor guy was in after going through all of the ghost types before I picked that one.)

This is the link for it: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383086

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 8:09 PM
Considering that you have the opportunity to earn bonus points if the CC is used creativitely, I would say just get your ghost :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 8:29 PM
Yeah, I would say that hacks don't count. It's not as though we would even know that's how you did it.

So excited to see some new faces. Definitely look forward to reading some more entries!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#41 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 7:31 AM
I have a question. I've noticed that the entries so far emphasize the excerpt we're supposed to include by either underlining, bolding or italicizing the words. Do we have to do this or can it just be left in normal print like the rest of the story?

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Scholar
#42 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
I have a question. I've noticed that the entries so far emphasize the excerpt we're supposed to include by either underlining, bolding or italicizing the words. Do we have to do this or can it just be left in normal print like the rest of the story?

It was a helpful addition that was necessary in Cycle 1 to help the judges notice that the expert was in fact included, and I believe that it is necessary in this cycle as well. 90% sure.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Forum Resident
#43 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 8:25 AM
I think the underlining is for that judges, to make their job easier.

Field Researcher
#44 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 10:57 AM
And my internet returns in time to read exciting stories by people. I really do love the setup of this

*happy dance*
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover

Reya and LadAwesome are correct. It makes it easier for the judges to see if you used the quote or not. You can use any of the three ways to make it stand out, just please do so to make judging easier in the long run. Imagine reading 1500 words x 10 and trying to pick out a small quote in each!!!

/me would give up.

Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Melibee1323 : 26th Jun 2012 at 2:54 PM.
quick question:
does hair, clothes, and poses count as CC or does just objects?
or is this a stupid question because it all counts? Also can we use photoshop for the cover pic (most stories have covers and I do not believe you mentioned it), or do we not need one?

thankyou
~meli

~edit~ I reread the CC thing and I feel stupid, my answer was there for the CC part of my question

~Mr. Eko, LOST
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 4:34 PM
Heaven, just a quick thing: I know it might disturb you, but please can you explain to me a little bit more about the sub types/events the story needs to have? Like, I just need a quick idea about what the event should be like (e.g: Finding Judas: the hero finds/needs to find/ has found an old traitor?)
Thanks in advance
Scholar
#48 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:41 PM
The themes, as far as I understand it, are open to interpretation. Sure, you could take "Finding Judas" as a "hero finds traitor" event. But it could also be finding a character named Judas. It could be about the hero finding traitrous elements inside themself... so on and so forth.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melibee1323
quick question:
does hair, clothes, and poses count as CC or does just objects?
or is this a stupid question because it all counts? Also can we use photoshop for the cover pic (most stories have covers and I do not believe you mentioned it), or do we not need one?

thankyou
~meli

~edit~ I reread the CC thing and I feel stupid, my answer was there for the CC part of my question

Glad to see you found the answer to the CC question. Please notate any CC used, allowed or not though. See Reya or splad's entry forms for example.

Also, no cover picture needed so don't worry about that.

Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Heaven, just a quick thing: I know it might disturb you, but please can you explain to me a little bit more about the sub types/events the story needs to have? Like, I just need a quick idea about what the event should be like (e.g: Finding Judas: the hero finds/needs to find/ has found an old traitor?)
Thanks in advance

For Finding Judas, you can do it that way. You could take it completely literally and create a minor character named Judas your hero has to find. It's there for the challenge but it's all about creativity. I'm not sure what you'd like explained by the subtypes: I gave a description and examples of each. If you need something more, let me know specifically what you're confused about.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:12 PM
Thank You Heaven and ForeverCamp! that helped alot, I think I can do better now with the story xD

Page 2 of 15