Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 4:15 AM
Default Creating custom Opportunities.
Has anyone tried editing the Opportunities XML to change certain opportunities, either to make them easier/harder or to turn them into something completely different? If anyone is knowledgeable about the scripting in the XML, I want to know the available possibilities. For example:

<RepeatLevel>Always</RepeatLevel>
If this line is present, it means the opportunity can show up repeatedly. By default, all opportunities either have it or don't. Are there any other options for this line, like "Once a day" or "Once a week"?

<TargetInteractionItemRequired>FoodGroup,Any,VeryNice</TargetInteractionItemRequired> (just using a cooking skill opportunity as an example.)
This tells you to cook any kind of food with Very Nice quality before delivering it for the reward. Is it possible to make it specify a dish (instead of accepting ANY dish) without creating a separate opportunity for each dish? I'm thinking I have to replace the word "Any" with something else, but what?

<EventListenerInfo1>kJogged,Totaled,1,IgnoreTarget</EventListenerInfo1>
From what I can tell, this is the task the Sim must complete before going to <CompletionEvent>kDeliveredToSim</CompletionEvent>. What are the available actions that can be carried out for x hours besides jogging, swimming, etc? I have a feeling the game is versatile enough such that scripting isn't limited to what I can find in the XMLs, so is there a kDrill (use Miner for x hours) or kChat (spend x hours chatting)? I know, silly examples but you see my point.

<Requirement1>HasObjectOnHomeLot,Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.Computer,Sims3GameplayObjects</Requirement1>
This opportunity only shows up if my Sim has a computer on his/her home lot. My question is, does this work with any object once I find its full name in ITUNs or only the objects listed in default opportunities? If I want an opportunity to require owning a dartboard, can I simply replace Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.Computer with Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbiesSkills.Dartboard? Also, what else can I use besides HasObjectOnHomeLot? Is HasObjectInInventory allowed in the script?

Before anyone says "Test it yourself.", you should know that testing Opportunities is really tricky. If an edited Opportunity doesn't appear for days in-game, is it because the game has not chosen it from the list or because something went wrong in the XML and therefore nothing happened when it should be triggered? I did change some lines here and there, creating a few simple custom tasks and encountering minor issues indicating problems with the script, but it will be nice if I know how versatile the XMLs actually are. And please, not to sound rude or anything but I would like to learn stuff that has already been tested and confirmed.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 10:57 AM
To my knowledge there's no such thing as kDrill or kChat. These are known as EventTypeId-s and they are used for fulfilling wants. So you never saw a wish for chatting for x hours did you?
A comprehensive list:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/EA+Scri...nts+EventTypeId

You should be able to replace "Any" with any valid Food Recipe_Key (eg MacAndCheese...) but definitely you will have one opportunity for one dish.

Testing opps are actually easy. Use NRaas MC (and Cheats Module) to summon an opp whenever you want. This also validates if the opp you created is properly made.

I doubt you can have different args for RepeatLevel. Search for RepeatLevel in the XML to see if there are any other args filled in by EA. But I highly doubt the possibility of Once a Day or something like that. If something is not in the XML, you can't add it, expecting <RepeatLevel>OnceAWeek</RepeatLevel> is simply unworkable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 3:56 PM
KDrill and kChat were just random examples to illustrate my point. I already had a feeling they are not in the game, not that I was planning to reward my Sim for drilling or chatting.

Thank you very much for that link btw, because it helps tremendously .