Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 6:25 PM Last edited by tamalinn : 4th Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM.
Default Trying to make a role object
Hi Friends,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm trying to make the Teppanyaki Grill a role object in the vein of @Arsil's Professional Massage Table. Perhaps I should mention that I've never made a single mod in my life (outside of the ones from the excellent tutorials), so I'm stumped at basically step 2.

I looked at the code for the Teppanyaki Grill, I looked at the code for roles. I can't figure out how to combine them. What needs to be deleted or replaced? Do things have to be in a certain order? I also want it to be compatible with Nraas Register.

And this may be biting off more than I can chew, but ideally role sims wouldn't gain cooking skill from the object, but how much cooking skill they have would impact how good they are at being Teppanyaki chefs.

Basically all I've figured out as far as completing this object goes is how to make the outfits from it appear in the Career Wear section of CAS.

If it helps, when I get home I can upload screenshots of what I've done, or, really, not done so far. Because literally all I've done after the original setup of the workspace is copy/paste the coding for the Grill. I haven't even done that with the roles because I have no idea where to put it.

Thank you in advance for all help, and please let me know if there's any additional info I need to share. Since I'm so new to this, I'm not totally sure what info will help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:06 AM
I know this is literally an ancient post... but I'm trying to do something similar (not sure if necroposting is against the rules here so sorry if it is). Just curious if you're still on here and if anyone ever responded to you/how you found the code for roles.