Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Moved game to new computer, downloads not showing up
Alright, so I'm sorry if the category or title are strange, I wasn't sure what I should put... I recently got a new computer and decided to move my Sims 3 game to it because it's WAY better (and now my game will hopefully not load for 15 minutes and lag so badly it's unplayable), I moved a bunch of files from my old computer and all - I followed instructions I found online - but now when I opened the launcher I can't seem to find my downloads? I have quite a lot of CC which I'd rather not spend hours trying to find again. When in the launcher, I click the "Downloads" tab thingy where you go to download new CC, but it's all empty! My Downloads folder looks like it should so I don't understand why this is happening. Any suggestions? What can I do?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Kithie : 30th Mar 2015 at 6:34 PM.
----------UPDATE----------

Just opened the game to make sure at least all the other stuff worked, but nope, my saves aren't there and it doesn't seem to find any mods or anything. What did I do wrong?

Edit - NEW UPDATE

Moved the files to another location and the downloads are showing up! Will return with update when I've tried the game out now ^^

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:19 AM
Default hope this helps Kithie
Quote: Originally posted by Kithie
----------UPDATE----------

Just opened the game to make sure at least all the other stuff worked, but nope, my saves aren't there and it doesn't seem to find any mods or anything. What did I do wrong?

Edit - NEW UPDATE

Moved the files to another location and the downloads are showing up! Will return with update when I've tried the game out now ^^

If all you did was move the downloads folder then you will have to reinstall them. What I do is copy the entire The Sims 3 folder found in My Documents and I have never had a problem. I hope this helps you get back to your sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:32 PM
I have now successfully played with all of my old stuff since the last update, just thought I'd mention that to anyone who might have a similar problem

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!