Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Attempting to get graphics card recognized by game missing step
So like the title says I'm trying to get my Nvidia graphics card recognized by the game, I followed tutorial http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...zed_by_the_game but I'm confused as to which card information I need to replace, I assumed it was the 500 series. Tried it but it didn't work. I've attached my graphics card info, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for the help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 6:56 PM Last edited by ruffdog24 : 20th Jun 2015 at 7:13 PM. Reason: Adding information
It didn't work but for some reason my DeviceConfig is blank bellow is the only thing it shows. Also I went through the Nvidia Geforce Experience, which will find any games and set automatically change the settings. It has worked before but now even with that the settings remain low. I had deleted the options, DeviceConfig and caches to reset them. To attempt to fix the deviceconfig I deleted my Sims 3 folder. But it didn't work. I also manually changed the settings and the only setting that kept was the windowed mode. Also just out of curiosity. Where did you get the number 0x13c2 from? I tired looking for it on my computer or even googling it but I couldn't find it.
=== Options ===
=== Default Options ===
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Where did you get the number 0x13c2 from? I tired looking for it on my computer or even googling it but I couldn't find it.

It is stated on your screenshot PCI\Ven_10DE&DEV_13C2.........
Ven is Vendor (GPU manufacturer) id = 10DE
Dev is Device (GPU card) id = 13C2

Which relates to 0x13C2.

Cheers ;-)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:58 PM
Oh ok, I was super confused thanks ^_^
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 12:31 AM
>_< Why do I always get the problems that are bigger? Didn't know by changing the shortcut link I could get it to run in windows. Knew that was the only way to do so with the Sims 2. Alrighty so I obviously need to update my graphics card driver, any other drivers I should know about? Thanks again. Also if it helps, I think it's been because of the amount of CC I have but I can't exit the game, if I'm in build/buy mode or if I save and exit. I have to be in live mode save then exit. Like I'll press exit then it just waits, I've checked it in task manager and it says it's running but I've left it all night and it still is just trying to exit. Makes building a world a drag.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 3:06 AM
So I went through and checked everything under the device manager to see if it needed to updated. The only thing that needed to be updated was the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. Updated it, reset my computer and the game, deleted all mods, downloaded content, cache files, thumbnails and the options and deviceconfig. It didn't work. (The deviceconfig is still blank) I checked the options and not only were all the graphic settings set to low. But the seasons and age settings were set to 0. My sister also played before I updated my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. The options were still wonky, but I had set them back to normal. My sister had noticed that the age was set to never age, she tried to change it and crashed the game. She then had noticed that the in game time was set to military time. At the time I only had Nraas mods and sims3pack files installed in terms of cc. I'm thinking about uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 5:10 AM
Sorry the game will boot up, but the deviceconfig is still blank. But I'm going to go ahead an reinstall when I reinstall the game should I deal with the graphics card combatability or just ignore it? GeForce does have an option to optimize the game for the graphics card I have.
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:01 PM
The only thing that needed to be updated was the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller.

I think you need to fix this one first, try to download its driver according to your motherboard manufacturer, and it's also depends on how you set up your storage controller in your bios menu, if you set it up to AHCI/RAID mode then you need its proper driver under windows, either it's Intel or AMD SATA AHCI/RAID Controller needs to be displayed on your Device Manager Properties to make sure it's working accordingly, but if in your bios you set it up to IDE mode, then you probably won't need anything to update because usually windows don't have any problem with IDE mode setting.

After you fixed that one, then try again to load your DeviceConfig to configure what went wrong/missing with your video card, hope that helps
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:04 PM Last edited by ruffdog24 : 21st Jun 2015 at 4:19 PM.
Yep. No I really dislike windows 8. I've got windows 7. 64-bit. Would it help if I posted the DxDiag? I've got a custom built computer. before all of this happend I did have an FPS limiter put on the game, didn't realize it was recommended for my system it just sounded like I good idea to use. Currently reinstalling the game and ep's. But I'll follow the other links you posted and let you know if anything changes. One thing I did notice when I checked the settings in game, right before uninstalling. The graphics were acting really funny. The game was trying to load two different images, this was on the main menu of the game, it created a striped pattern with one image in one group of the stripes and the other image in the other strip group. Went to double check the options, had to guess where it was when I clicked it because I couldn't really see it. Then the stripes went away. Wish I would have saved a screen shot now. But that has been the first and last time I've ever gotten that or any other graphic problem. Other then when in CAW while in EIG the buttons are black and if I select any of them it crashes to desktop. But I think that was due to the game trying to read clothing CC.
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:13 PM
Yep. No I really dislike windows 8. I've got windows 7. 64-bit. Would it help if I posted the DxDiag? I've got a custom built computer. before all of this happend I did have an FPS limiter put on the game, didn't realize it was recommended for my system it just sounded like I good idea to use.

Nope, DXDiag won't do much help, but you need to make sure that everything on your Device Manager are working and installed properly whether it's windows 7 or 8 then the game would followed, it doesn't matter if your PC is custom built or not, what is matter that all your devices are working and recognized properly under your OS.

And in your case, you need to fix your DeviceConfig to show up first, then we can troubleshoot the rest
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:20 PM
Haha sounds good, as soon as I get the game and ep's re-installed I'll work on the graphics card stuff and post what it says ^_^ Thanks SO much.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:10 PM
It worked ^_^ Weirdly enough when I went to check the game before getting it to recognize my graphics card. I didn't get the pop-up telling me the game couldn't recognize my graphics card. I posted a before and after screenshots of my options and deviceconfig. I also added the FPS limiter, I used the Nvidia Inspector it only showed the base game, WA and Ambitions. I set the FPS to 60 for all of them, but should I find the rest of the EP's and set their FPS to 60 as well? The ones that come to mind are seasons, pets and IP.
Screenshots
Space Pony
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 2:21 AM
Yep yep ^_^
Oh so that's why when you change anything with the Sims 3 you only change the Ts3.exe even if you have Eps
How would I go about adding it in manually?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:12 PM
Haha got it, that was suprizingly simple. Thanks so much Nitromon,PapaEmy and Stevset.