Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:36 PM
Default Clothing and Hair Mods not showing up, but game mods are
I have followed everything to the letter with installing, I have created a mod folder in the Docs folder, have resource.cfg outside of my package folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the non working CC, and cleaned my cache. I have tried to make a new game, and uninstalling and reinstalling the last expansion pack I have. My story progression mod and master controller are working just fine, but I can not get the clothing and hair to show up in the game at all.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:25 AM
Things I can think of are :
- CC put in wrong location
- You used sim3pack CC by accident, instead of .package CC in the mods folder.
- The CC is still archived
- You used TS2 or TS4 CC
- You put CC in subfolders and something is wrong with resource.cfg, so the game can't see mods in subfolders in mods.

Things to try :
- Use Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard to test if the CC is corrupt (it will give errors if its TS2 or TS4 CC too).
- Put the CC (if unpacked and not sim3pack) in the same location and not a subfolder as the NRAAS mods. If this works, something is wrong with resource.cfg
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 5:49 PM
Everything is in the same folder as the NRAAS mods, and they are running awesome. The CC that isn't showing up is slowing down my game. If i remove it, its crazy fast. Until I got my new computer, I didn't know the sims could load that fast! The files are def .package. I have checked, since that was my first thought. Everything in just in the packages folder, I didn't have any sub folders.

I think that there is something wrong with the resource.cfg. I am doing do test the CC, but if it is the resource.cfg, do I just delete the one I have and then replace it with a new one, then delete the cache again?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by limhuffm
Everything is in the same folder as the NRAAS mods, and they are running awesome. The CC that isn't showing up is slowing down my game. If i remove it, its crazy fast. Until I got my new computer, I didn't know the sims could load that fast! The files are def .package. I have checked, since that was my first thought. Everything in just in the packages folder, I didn't have any sub folders.

I think that there is something wrong with the resource.cfg. I am doing do test the CC, but if it is the resource.cfg, do I just delete the one I have and then replace it with a new one, then delete the cache again?

The dashboard is only recognizing NRAAS files.