Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:35 AM
Default How do I save a household to my computer?
I need to uninstall and reinstall my sims 3 games and I really don't want to have to rebuild my house and recreate my sims, as I have had to twice already.
How do I save the households to my computer so I can just place them back once I reinstall?

Thank you much.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 10:03 AM
I'm wondering what has happened to your game that you need to do a complete reinstall (for the third time?). Often problems can be resolved without having to go through uninstalling and installing again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) If you are just talking about your save files, they're located in your TS3 user folder (Documents\Electronic arts\The Sims 3\Save). You should really back up some of your saves periodically on another drive anyways. However, this only preserves your savefile, your current game and any sims household, lots you have in the game. I don't think it saves anything from your bin

2) I've done this before and it is my preferred method. Back up the WHOLE user folder, the WHOLE TS3 user folder. After reinstalling your game and patching it to the same patch as you are currently using, just copy the whole user folder back.

You could also export the household using the share button in Edit Town. That'll give you a Sims3Pack in the Exports folder in the main EA folder. It's useful for if your town in bugged or something.