Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:02 PM Last edited by shadowaura : 29th Jun 2015 at 12:21 PM.
Default resorce.cfg problems plz help me
My Resource.cfg is showing as notepad not the whit blank one plz help i dont know how to change it to the white one the mods wont work
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:35 PM
If you associate the file to be opened with Notepad, the icon of the file will turn from blank to blueish, that's not a big problem as the *.cfg file can be read with it.

Importantly what you have to look for is that the file is called "Resource.CFG" and not "Resource.CFG.TXT" (open your Sims 3\Mods folder in detail view in an Explorer and check what it says under "Type", if its TXT then yes you have saved it as such, if it says CFG nothing is wrong with it).

If you already tried redownloading a new Resource.CFG file from the framework in here under point 2. and just replaced the file from that zip file into your Mods\ folder and it's still not working. Then something in your Packages or Overrides folder is acting up your game to launch and not the Resource.CFG at all.

Simple test you can do, pick up your current Mods Folder and place it on your desktop. Place a new framework from the link above into your Sims 3 userdirectory and check if the framework works with those 2 packages that are within the zipfile. When it does, start transferring files over from your old Mods\ folder on your desktop to your new Sims 3\Mods\ Framework in batches of 5 mods per time, clear caches, start game, when it load to mainmenu, exit, repeat the next batch of 5 till your game doesn't want to start. Then check within those 5, 1 at a time, which package is acting up.