Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM
Riverview is fantastic (and you can't beat the price lol) But the town I've been playing the most is probably Midnight Hollow, I love the town's layout. It is rather dark but I installed a mod to retexture the plants and it's much better. I've also been going through and changing all the useless stores into venues, makes it much more fun.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nylaba
Riverview is fantastic (and you can't beat the price lol) But the town I've been playing the most is probably Midnight Hollow, I love the town's layout. It is rather dark but I installed a mod to retexture the plants and it's much better. I've also been going through and changing all the useless stores into venues, makes it much more fun.

I always thought Riverview looked really plain, some of the houses we're nice though.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Scholar
#28 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 1:02 AM
Riverview's charm may just be in how plain it is. One aspect I really like about it is how it is designed in such a way that it can be taken to be in a perfectly temperate climate, so it works perfectly for Seasons.

Of course, not everyone cares about accurate weather when playing in worlds, but I do to some extent.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#29 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 1:03 AM
If you like playing the supernaturals, I'd pick Dragon Valley. I could not get into playing Midnight Hollow, it was way too dark and I don't really like playing the supernaturals anyway. That's why Lucky Palms Gold Ed. And Sunlit Tides are my favorites. The lighting just makes me feel warm all over when playing those worlds (I always turn off winter in those worlds, too).

There are also a lot of great player made worlds that are fantastic too, if you haven't tried them. There is a thread in this forum on the best worlds that is worth checking out. And of course they're free. :p

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#30 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:32 PM
I have three favorites:

Lucky Palms, especially "the wrong side of the tracks" families - I had some great fun with them. The genealogical mess you can make there is alone worth the price. Also, its makers finally got the light right (an achievement that was, sadly, never repeated) so, for once, all the Sims look nice.

Monte Vista - because it's Toscana and the world itself is beautifully made. I had to do a lot of rebuilding to get it right but it's worth it.

Riverview. I just keep coming back to it; my current game is taking place there as well. I love towns that are placed along a river. I believe this one's position is (very) loosely based on Paris (a big island in its heart, followed by a smaller one, left bank, right bank).
Page 2 of 2