Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:38 AM
Default Had any parties go to hell? Any random mishaps that turned the whole thing into a nightmare? I did!
So I'm throwing a costume party the night of Spooky Day and it was going alright... my mixologist was a no show... but nothing I couldn't make one of my Sims take care of... or more specifically my plumbot. Gotta admit though as the guests began to pour in... someone who showed up in a fighter pilot costume... decided one costume wasn't enough... well... sort of.

Either way... what has happened in your games?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:39 AM
Yes, I think I posted about it before here. I had a sim in politics, so I threw her a campaign fundraiser. Someone decided to make waffles and they caught fire. All the guests rushed to the kitchen to watch the flames.

I had two of my sims trying to put out the flames, but they couldn't get to the fire because of all the people. My politician's husband caught on fire, and she tried to extinguish him but all the guests were in the way. He died while the firemen were on their way.

Then their two children also caught fire. The firefighters were there by that point, but they just stood and watched the children burn.

By the end of the party, my politician's entire family had burned to death.

The fundraiser was a massive success, though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:01 AM
I had a drowning in the pool, while everyone was playing in it. I guess the guest was exhausted and didn't leave the pool in time. But the party still scored high! I guess the appearance of grim was the excitement it needed?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:57 PM Last edited by varpunen : 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:41 PM.
I recently had wedding which went totally haywire. The hole thing almost didn't even get to start because the parents of the bride got stuck. The ceremony went fine but then the game decided to turn the father of the bride into a zombie while he was dancing with the bride. At the same time the mother of the bride did her best to hit on the groom. Then suddenly the whole church was flooded with uninvited guests. A large protest broke out outside the church - the police deciding to join in on it - and two random dogs though it to be a good idea to eat the church door frames. The bride was totally depressed about the whole thing and to top all that, I got this fat zombie in a... uh... well, not in appropriate underwear... showing up.

(Hope she didn't think herself as a wedding present...)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:23 PM
@Varpunen Just bare in mind if you were using the same Sim selected the whole time... those might not have been zombies but rather your in laws and the honest way of how you saw them...
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:07 PM
I once had my Sims throw a pool party, it was going quite well until some 5 guests drowned in the pool, including my child sim. It was tragic stuff. No matter how much I tried to get him to come out of the pool, he wouldn't respond. Perhaps a glitch. Either way, it was pretty bad. All the surviving guests said they had a really great time though so it wasn't as bad as it looked
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkcloudwalker
...those might not have been zombies but rather your in laws and the honest way of how you saw them...

So true.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:33 PM
my sims were having an wedding at the beach which had many uninvited guests show up and while the guests were there three elderly sims decided it was the right time to kick the bucket due to old age at exactly the same time. the grim reaper was probably at the wedding longer than some of the guests. lets just say he was very busy on the day of the wedding.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:37 PM
The first wedding I had went terribly. It was literally the first day I started playing TS3 and I didn't know anything. My guests booed all the way through the party and made snide comments when they left.

On another occasion, the wedding went just fine, though it got a little weird because the bride realized she was pregnant in the middle of the reception and switched to her pregnancy wear. Maternity gowns don't look good with wedding veils
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
my sims were having an wedding at the beach which had many uninvited guests show up and while the guests were there three elderly sims decided it was the right time to kick the bucket due to old age at exactly the same time. the grim reaper was probably at the wedding longer than some of the guests. lets just say he was very busy on the day of the wedding.

Try reserving it next time; that way any one who isn't your guest will be blocked from entering
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Try reserving it next time; that way any one who isn't your guest will be blocked from entering

Yes, that's the one thing to always do. But it glitches sometimes. That's why my church above was flooded with uninvited guests. It has only happened a few times during my Sims 3 years, though.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:05 PM
I have a knack for throwing birthday parties where someone winds up dying of old age. It's happened enough times that I've lost track of how many. Apparently my sims throw killer parties.

My favorite was back when I was playing my legacy, though. Grim came for someone at the party, and my gen 3 heiress (who was flirty) decided that Grim was hot. She hit on him in front of her husband and mother, who were not at all impressed with her behavior.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix

okay
i remember doing it before the wedding but i still had many uninvited guest show up
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:15 AM
My sim threw herself a bachelorette party, at the local hot spot. She bought a new dress, practiced her dance moves, and baked all day. She arrived early, set up decorations, pulled lovely food from her inventory, set the music, mixed up drinks, and waited and waited and waited. Just when I thought the game had glitched, I got this announcement:

"No one showed up to Allie's bachelorette party- how sad."

How sad- how rude!!!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo