Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 5:31 AM Last edited by Koolkat1573 : 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:37 AM.
Default 30 children.
This is my first challenge, and some of this may be familiar as I used some of the challenges already posted to write this one, it’s sort of a combined challenge.

Main Goal:
To have and raise 30 babies in one generation using the same parents.

Mods Required: (All Mods listed are NRaas mods)
MasterController (Allows more than 8 Sims)
Mover (Allows User to move more than 8 Sims out at once or teens)
PortraitPanel (Allows User to see more than 8 Sims’s portraits)

Getting Started:
Create a female Sim with the Family Oriented and Nurturing traits, you can pick the rest of the traits but I will be putting a list of traits I think would work at the bottom along with why I picked them. You can also create a male Sim if you wish or just meet a guy in town.

Rules:
Birthdays: They are a big deal. Throw your children a party each time they age up. Get them a present and give to them as a gift (Generations). Get cake, balloons and make something yummy. (Cookies, key-lime pie etc)

Date Night:
Choose one night a week that will be Mum and Dad's date night. They may hire a babysitter for this occasion ONLY if there are no teens. What they do on their date is up to you.

Mum's Time:
Mum needs a day where she can take a few hours off to have some “me” time. Leave the kids with dad while she gets a facial, sees a movie with a friend, visits the beach or whatever you like. Make this once a week. (She is the mother of 30 children, People she needs some time off.)

Dad's Time:
Dad also gets one day a week for himself. He can choose to do what he likes in his spare time on that day. Use it to see a friend, visit the karaoke bar or whatever you like. (Make sure it’s not the same day Mum has me time unless you have a teen to look after the younger ones.)

Sunday:
Sunday is family day. This day must be spent out of the home doing something fun. Take the family fishing, to the park for a picnic or BBQ, go to the beach, or anything you like. If the kids are old enough you might want to head out on Sat night and camp out somewhere. Pack their inventories with a tent (If you have WA) or with fruit, stereo, sleeping bags, fire pit or any portable games (Gnubb Set, Football)

Vacation: (If you have WA if not ignore this)
When all children are old enough you MUST take the family on a vacation (World Adventures) to enhance their culture. You may go more than once to any destination you choose.

Pets:
If you have the pets EP then you MUST get your child a pet once they are old enough to take care of it. It can be anything from a bird to a turtle or maybe a puppy. Your children are responsible for feeding and cleaning up after them.

After school activities:
Each child in school must sign up for an after school activity. (Generations)

Special Season Holidays:
Make a special effort to celebrate each of the seasons holidays. Some examples: Have a family feast or gift giving party on Snowflake day. Take your wife out for a romantic dinner on Love Day. Take the family to the Spring festival to pick flowers or search for eggs. Spend Spooky day cutting jack o lanterns together, having costume parties or the like.

Parents may have jobs but the job’s times can’t clash.
Once infants are born you may age them up if you wish or wait. (Your choice)

Toddlers may ONLY be aged up as soon as they can walk, talk, use the potty, have read one toddler book of each colour and have one skill on the Xylophone or Peg Box. If you don't get these done, you must wait for the game to age them up.

Children may be aged up once they have an A in school and have completed an after school activity and you get the message about your children reaching Honour Roll.

Teens may be aged up once they have an A in school and have completed an after school activity, have a girlfriend/boyfriend, have learned to drive and you get the message about your teens reaching Honour Roll.

Teens may get a part-time job to help out.

You may not hire a maid.

You can use Apples or Watermelon to determine the gender of a baby. (If you wish)

You may not choose traits for any Sims except the Mother (and the Father if you made him) but you can also choose a "family trait" to be passed down through the kids but the rest have to be randomized.

You may not use money cheats. (You can use Motherlode to make a house if you want but otherwise you have to earn the cash)

Fertility treatment is GOOD! USE IT!

You can use Inheritance but only once. NO GENIE LAMP ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON!

Your Sims may never hire a babysitter unless for Date Night and to go to the hospital when the new babies are born if you have no teens. You have to wait until children are old enough to take care of themselves and the other siblings. Otherwise you must take your children with you if you leave the home lot.

You can move out the children when they are YA if you wish. But if you have Uni they must go though it first.

You can chose the Lifespan of you parent(s), I recommend Epic but as I said you can chose.

Bonus Traits:
Charismatic,
Friendly
Good
Ambitious (Get more LTPs)
Avant Garde (Uni, Excel in the Street Art, Sculpting and Painting skills, great for being a artist if you want to follow that path) (Artistic if you don’t have Uni)
Bookworm (Read, Write and do Homework Faster and are better authors than others)
Childish (Sims with this trait like toys, and being around them give them a good moodlet)
Eccentric (Useful for Inventors)
Eco-Friendly (Make good gardeners and take a shorter shower but still get as clean)
Frugal (Clip coupons and save money, I’d recommend you give a teen this trait)
Gatherer (Always catch bugs, plant higher level seeds and find better quality space rocks, gems and metals)(Works well with Green Thumb)
Green Thumb (Learn skill faster, grow better plants)
Handy
Loves the Outdoors (Helps with gardening and playing music for tips)
Lucky (Less likely to burn food)
Natural Cook
Neat
Perfectionist (Write better books)
Savvy Sculptor (Learns skill faster)
Virtuoso (Earn more in tips, learn faster)

If I think of anything else I will add it.

I myself have not done this challenge myself yet... My computer has been on the fritz since early December last year, I am currently using my mum's laptop and she refuses to let me install Sims 3 on it.

I need to get my computer rebuilt to play the Sims 3 as well.

Sorry if I update this challenge often... I keep thinking of new stuff to add or how to make this challenge easier to read. I promise to try not to change the rules too much.
~ Koolkat1573 ❤
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 8:36 PM
I will be trying this after the 100 baby challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rionra
I will be trying this after the 100 baby challenge

Thank you. Oh and check for updates for the teens.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:25 PM
Omg Im So Doing This Sounds So Exciting I Must Print This Out And Plaayy!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:33 PM
I'm going to do This! *Squeal* I'm going to change to 10 kids though...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 5MilesNorth
Omg Im So Doing This Sounds So Exciting I Must Print This Out And Plaayy!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by Misskinny
I'm going to do This! *Squeal* I'm going to change to 10 kids though...

It's alright to change the number of kids but could you do 15 not 10?
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:09 AM
This is a cool challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kulegirl
This is a cool challenge!

Thank-you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 10:40 PM
BUMP
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:50 AM
god people just do 30 kids i completed the 100 baby challenge it was kinda hard but wasnt impossible so 30 is pretty easy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XxCatSimmerxX
god people just do 30 kids i completed the 100 baby challenge it was kinda hard but wasnt impossible so 30 is pretty easy

I know, I myself have never done any challenges but I have watched several 100 baby challenge videos. While I may have a bit of a hard time with 30, I want to try it at the very least.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:06 PM
Totally Doing this :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roxy - 1
Totally Doing this :D

Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:21 PM
Can't wait just got Sims 3 redownloaded (like literally it's sill finishing) so I can't wait to do this!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 4:34 AM