Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:55 PM
Default Why isnt the Sims2Pack Clean Installer isnt working...
Okay so I use to have an XP Windows 2002 and i use to have my sims on there and have the Clean Installer and it use to work PERFECTLY. now i have a laptop Vista and it does not work at all.

I download it and it runs just great, i download things and it goes there and says the install have been sucessfully, but when i run my game the things I've downloaded, like homes & sims does not show up.

is there a reason for this ? it it because of vista ?

help please !
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 6:09 AM
Are you running the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Vista? It won't work at all on the 64 bit version... Have not tested it on the 32-bit version... Lots of stuff fails on Vista.

Do you have a downloads folder in your Sims2 directory?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:08 PM
yes i do & what yu mean 32/64 ? how i check that?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:51 PM
"It does not work at all" <-- in what way? If it crashes, provide a screenshot or the error message.

If you have problems getting custom content to show up, read the Game Help section.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:32 PM
okay let me go to the game help section
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 9:26 PM
didnt solve the problem.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:35 AM
Well you need to provide more info about what, specifically, is wrong with the Clean Installer.

I'd suggest trying to install content without using it first. If that doesn't work then you have bigger issues.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:11 AM
i have the same problem and somebody told me to install the Clean Installer to get rid of the hidden hacks in BV and FT. but my lots still don't show up. i will try changing my resolution to a 32 bit though. haven't tried that.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:28 AM Last edited by cdelang : 28th Mar 2008 at 3:34 AM.
Um, this might be a silly question but did you remember to enable the custom objects when you installed the last expansion pack on your laptop? Additionally, did you also make sure to install the CEP?

I am thinking this issue might be with BV and not Vista. The reason I did not get BV was because I heard that clothing placed in folders within the Downloads folder didn't show up in the game. I have no idea if this is really true, but I heard it enough that I decided against getting it.

I have Vista on my laptop and I have all the expansion packs up to and including Free Time. (except BV like I said) and have had no problem seeing any custom content I had installed with the Sims2Pack Installer.

Whenever I have a large amount of those types of files, I use Q-Express to install them because it is just quicker. Have you tried that?

Good luck!

Chelle
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:08 PM
Clothing and all CC appears just fine with all the EP's. If it's not showing, it can be remedied by using the 'bodyshop trick' or putting genetics in your saved sims folder. All this is in the FAQ's in game help (found on the navigation bar).

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:34 AM
i have downloaded a couple houses and installed clean installer. the thing is, when i install a lot through Clean Installer it keep telling me that the file already exists in the teleport folder. but i don't have anything in the teleport folder. for background info, i had previously downloaded these lots and then deleated them. i redownloaded them and this is what it tells me.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:55 AM
Do these lots have strange file names packaged with them?
For reference: http://www.modthesims2.com/journal....howentry&e=2482

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 5:08 PM
sort of, but how do you reload them? if i just rename the file and install it again, the teleport folder is still empty
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 12:53 AM
I am having the same problem I have a 64-bit and last week it was working find but my nephew got to my computer and somehow messed my whole game up and the back up (kids). So I had to uninstall and reinstall everything tried to put my downloads back in and now nothing will show up. If any one can help me PLEASE do cause I am to the point where my brother might have to make another child.....not quite there but I am really ready to throw this computer out of the window.......HELP!
Site Helper
#15 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 2:43 AM
cornbread101: Please do not post the same question in multiple threads. Please do not post questions in threads which have nothing to do with your problem. If you have a problem, then please post in the Sims 2 Help forum, after following all instructions:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 3:45 AM
Wow, how did you even find an unrelated post from 2008?
Locked thread