Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#101 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:00 PM
I like your application, happybunny, but don't forget that you need a man whose sirt name starts with "Bl" and whose last name ends with "y", right? And you'll need your Round One by the fourteenth.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:02 PM
I've updated my application with the female; http://forums.sims-community.com/sh...079#post1352079

Working on round1 now =)
#103 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:03 PM
Yep, I'll have them up very very very soon.

EDIT: Just edited the Application, the male is there now!
Inventor
Original Poster
#104 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:30 PM
Thanks happybunny. (I hope we dont get confused with happyasabunny!) One more issue to be resolved: They can't be the same age.

*EDIT: Sawcarn, I just saw your post. Nice lady you've got there! hehe.
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:11 PM
Cool applications guys!

This is gonna be hard to judge!
Inventor
Original Poster
#106 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:22 PM
yeah, let me tell you - I don't envy you!
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:45 PM
Default NayanRose - Application
Name: Blagden Olrey

What's going on? Where did you come from? and what's with all these cameras here? ...
Ahh, that's right. I've been asked to tell you about myself... well my name is Blagden Olrey... and yes that's Blagden. It's an old name... older than me if you can believe it. Ha-ha

I came here to America way back when I was three... back in 1942. I obviously don't remember much about that journey, but there have been others.
My wife of 47 years passed away this last year... I do miss her; she always knew how to light up the room with her smile. *sigh*
After Lissa passed away I sold a lot of our things and moved into this place... it's a lot smaller than the house was but the building has a very nice courtyard out back. The landlord is a pretty decent fellow to boot.

But yeah, after moving here, I've had a lot of time to read, it's one of my greatest pleasures. Going into the library and picking a book... sitting down and loosing yourself in it. Right now I'm looking to get a book about Ancient Greece... that was one of Lissa's favorite’s places to visit... Ahhh the memories.

Well, I have to cut our conversation short, I'm meeting one of the kids for lunch today... and sometimes it takes me a while to get there. Well you know how it goes; it takes a lot for an old man like me to walk down the street. Well it does when there are so many different antique shops on the way. Ha-ha...

It was nice to meet you all and I do have to thank you for stopping by.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jaaen Geldew

Hi, it's nice to meet you all. My name is Jaaen, the aa is pronounced like the name Aaron or Aayla... a lot of people have trouble with the two a's... here... it's Jay-in. I'm a fun loving person who loves to laugh and smile... but my smile hasn't been showing much lately.

Let’s see... I moved here to Sivad Flats about seven years ago when my little girl Katie was only two. I had to get her out of the environment that we were in... The big city. It's not that it was all that bad it just that I had nothing to hold me there... You see, I'm a single mom to Katie... I had her when I was 17 and her dad wanted nothing to do with her... or me anymore. My parents were less than supportive when I told them I was going to keep my baby, so out the door I went, on my own.

Right now my baby is away at camp... so I'm really on my own, for the first time. I've been coming in her room here and moving things around a bit... that way it looks like someone has been in here playing.

I just want her to be back home with me. I miss my baby... but I know she's having a good time.

My first 1st Place Miss~Mrs Universe 4 Augusta Stone

"Don't say thanks for nothing, knowing I did nothing for you is thanks enough."

Inventor
Original Poster
#108 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:11 PM
Oh, so sweet Nayanrose! I've seen you lurking.. I'm glad you joined! Can't wait to see your round one!
Test Subject
#109 Old 10th May 2009 at 11:48 PM
Default Application round
I hate writing about my life, but hey, for the sake of a contest with a prize, I'll do pretty much anything. So here goes.

My name is Blur Frey (rhymes with 'try'). If you want to get technical, my full name is really Dominic Jacobi Frey, but I've never been called that in my life. Apparently my mother decided to call me Blur because of how drugged up she was during her pregnancy. She was a bit of a partier. But that's neither here nor there.

I'll be nineteen years old in a few more months, and already my life is full of more responsibility than I've ever wanted. I was just like my mom. I drank whenever I got the chance, I avoided school like the plague; I'm not proud of how I was, but back then it felt like the only way to live life. I finally got my act together about six months ago when my mom disappeared. I joined the army and moved into a small trailer park to live on my own until I got deployed. And then along came Jaina.

Jaina Sallow, my precious daughter. Didn't even know she existed until about two weeks ago. I opened the door in the morning to grab the paper, and there she was, sitting at my doorstep, with a note from her mother telling me who she was, and that she was mine. I guess from all the careless one-night stands I used to have, it was bound to happen eventually. Anyway, her mother was either sick of taking care of her or no longer able to. The responsibility had been dumped entirely on me either way.

And just like that I was a father to a beautiful (though maybe I'm biased) 18 month old girl. I can't help but love her, but she sure does have a nasty temper! My tiny living space was barely enough for me, and certainly isn't enough for one more. Where do I go from here, you ask? Well...I don't know. Being in the military is my only source of income, and I can't be a stay-at-home Dad. At some point I'll have to deal with the loads of paperwork that comes with having a child, but for now I'm content to devote myself to my girl's development, and hope she has a better life than me.
Inventor
Original Poster
#110 Old 11th May 2009 at 12:11 AM
just wonderful, Jabillian! I'll add you in a moment.

*EDIT: I added you. Can't wait to see your round one!
#111 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
One more issue to be resolved: They can't be the same age.

Well gosh darn it! As soon as I get back home from school im changing that!
Inventor
Original Poster
#112 Old 11th May 2009 at 2:38 AM
Hehe, you make me laugh happybunny! :D
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:25 AM
Default HyghTyme - Round 1
Miranda:
Allen: Gaelic, handsome
Price: English, presumably derives from Middle English, Old French pris ‘price’, ‘prize’, perhaps as a metonymic occupational name for a fixer of prices.

Allen Price and Miranda Carlton did not meet under the most auspicious of circumstances. He was a soldier who had just returned from [insert unpopular war of your choice], and she a sim-hippie was looking to make an impression on the cute leader of her anti-war group. Miranda's power crystal bracelet gave Allen a nasty cut, however, and she felt obligated to offer him an herbal salve. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, which led to a beautiful courtship, which led to a beautiful wedding.

When Allen's time in the military was up, the GI Bill put him through the engineering program at Sim State University. It was around this time that the first of their two sons, Alexander and Raul, was born.

This is the latest Price family portrait. Alexander has just gotten his BA in Linguistics and Raul is in his senior year at a prestigious local private school. Allen is preparing to retire from his consulting job, and Miranda has recently started an online business selling her herbal remedies.

Kayden/Caden: French, cask, short form of Cadence
Greene: North German, short form of a habitational name from a place name with Gren- as the first element (for example Greune, Greubole).

Kayden Greene made two promises to his father when he was on his deathbed: To keep the family business and home out of the hands of "those gorram Yankee lawyers", and to "keep those kids off my lawn!" There were serious problems with both of these promises.

Firstly, the elder Mr. Greene seemed to have forgotten in his old age that he had lived in Maine his entire life, and that he himself was a lawyer. The house and business, therefore, had spent the last thirty years in the hands of a Yankee lawyer. Secondly, Kayden was one to honor his word down to the letter. Thus, family oriented Kayden can never have kids unless he:

a) Sold the family house so the kids wouldn't get on the lawn, thus breaking his first promise, since there would undoubtedly be a lawyer, and probably a Yankee lawyer, involved in this transaction.

or

b) Build a tunnel so that his kids could get to the school bus without actually being on the lawn.

Due to his aforementioned honesty and his intense fear of molepeople, neither of these is a viable option. Alas, it seems that Kayden is doomed to a life of family-less drudgery.
Inventor
Original Poster
#114 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:34 AM
That would be your round one, right? Can't wait to see what the story is!
Test Subject
#115 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:51 AM
Default Round One: Kayden Greene; Miranda and Allen Price
In an effort to pursue my journalism career, I decided to interview some of my neighbours and find out a bit about them. Today I visited Allen and Miranda Price, an elderly couple who, as their surname suggests, have quite a bit of wealth.

Turns out the experience wasn't quite as pleasant as I'd hoped. I've always known Allen was a big sweetheart; he likes to take walks in the park, stopping to play catch with the children and have coffee with the parents. It's rare to see him without a smile on his face -- outside the home, that is. Turns out, I hit a bit of a sore spot when I asked Miranda how their marriage had developed over the years.

She told me that she had hoped marrying rich would make life worthwhile. When she and Allen were first dating, he would shower her with presents that he bought with his family fortune. After a surprise pregnancy, which they legitimized by a quick summer wedding, Miranda gave birth to Kayden.

Kayden and her mother never quite connected. Miranda resented her for trapping her in a marriage, and while she was content to sit in her pristine living room, Kayden just wanted to play outside and watch birds make nests.

It was at this point in the interview that Allen mentioned Kayden's...uniqueness. "She's a plantsim," he said with some pride, while Miranda rolled her eyes. "Spent so much time in the garden, she ended up becoming a part of it!"

Of course I couldn't resist going out back to the gardens to take a look. And there she was, Kayden Greene (who changed her name to represent her union with nature), standing and chatting with the trees as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

And with that, I decided enough was enough for one day, and headed home with much to think about.
Inventor
Original Poster
#116 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:07 AM
wonderful, jabilian! I'm glad you've joined the contest; your entries are very promising.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I am leaving for a trip now, and I will not be back until Thursday morning. Round One will end Thursday at 5:00 PM, and I would like the scores by midnight. So judges, try to judge ahead of time if you can.
These times are USA Eastern time. It is currently 6:50 here as I add this. Check the "edited time" to see the time difference. See you on Thursday!
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:56 PM
Great Apps and Round 1 everyone.

I just want to make sure that everyone's apps follow the rules 100%. Please everyone check that in the app round that your entries surnames END with W and Y. I think that some people may have been confused by this part, so please double check.

Other than that, everyone is doing a great job.

I'm going there...but I like it here wherever it is
Site Helper
#118 Old 13th May 2009 at 1:07 PM
Default Sidneydoj (Ghost) Round 1
Miranda Price: 63:

Allen Price: 64:

Kayden Greene: 1042:

I don't know how much of this you already know, but if you will be replacing Miranda on the council you will need to know all of this. It is better to repeat something you do know than to leave out something you don't. Although I'm sure that you already know my name is Allen Price, and this is my beloved wife Miranda.

It wasn't always this green. Of course if you talk to the elves they will say it wasn't always this brown. That is the hardest thing to get used to. For the humans here the war was seven or eight generations ago, but it's only the younger elves that have no personal memory of the curse, the fires, and the war. And all of them lost family when their forests were destroyed. Since the Shadowking has kept himself alive all this time, the elves have a hard time remembering that the rest of us weren't around.

We met when we were studying at the Priory of Light. We were both descended from refugees who fled from the Shadowlands when the new king began to openly practice necromancy, using his own people for his rituals. Of course, the Shadowking took exception to having large numbers of his subjects disappearing over the border every few days, and was even more angry when the elves refused to forcibly send them back. We were required to study the war as "Current Events", while elven students were required to study it as "Ancient History." When Miranda asked about that, the professors explained that humans already knew the Ancient History part of the war, while elves already understood the Current Events. We needed to understand the perspective of all sides in order to fully understand the event itself. I don't know if they still have that policy, or if you have even studied there. But it will be important for you to remember that there are always other points of view that must be considered.

We were married right after graduation, and we both decided to volunteer to assist the elves in healing their land. We joined the group headed by Kayden Greene in attempting to recover the ancient meeting glade. As a dark elf he is accustomed to prejudice and was more willing than most to work with humans. The progress that was made by a combination of human and elven effort surpassed anything that had been accomplished by elves alone. I think that was probably why the elves chose Miranda when they were selecting two humans to sit on the elven council. Two out of seven is still not much representation, but it is much better than zero out of five. She has served for twenty years, so she has earned her retirement.

Our love for each other recently had an unexpected dividend. The phrase "A love stronger than Death itself" is more than just a saying. We had been working so hard one day that we neglected our own needs in favor of the needs of the flowers we were trying to call to life. The next thing we knew we were facing the spectre of death. He told us that if we could call the other's spirit forth through love alone, we would have earned a new life. We both succeeded! We were worried that this was necromancy, but Kayden assured us that it is not considered necromancy. It would not have worked if our love for each other was not strong enough, so the fact that we had dealt with death is less significant than the Love which we have for each other. So we may be in our 60's, but we have the bodies of 20 year olds again!

Five years ago some travelers discovered a new land which the Priory named Novaria on the maps. It is mostly open plain, but it is green, and un-cursed. The council is debating whether they want to send the human population there, or whether the remaining elves should move there and leave Erewhon for the humans. Of course the Shadowlands are also trying to take it over. There is still no word about the extent (or race) of any local population, but the Shadowking seems to believe they are there. Kayden is planning to investigate the place further, and we will be joining him now that we have been rejuvenated. We will send you reports as often as we can, so that you can make an informed vote. Don't worry; the elves aren't likely to call for a vote for several more years. They want to study it as well.

(I wasn't sure if my collage counted as one picture or 3, but I liked it better than the picture I had earlier of them on the couch together. My knowledge sims are not allowed to eat as long as "Be Saved From Death" is in their wants panel, and they never re-rolled it. So they filled it!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#119 Old 13th May 2009 at 10:27 PM
Hey Guys, I'm back!

Great job, Sidneydoj! Sorry about the fixed names, I hope they didn't mess up your story! There will be more creativity in the names later on. I just added you now.

Please remember guys, there isn't much time left. Eight people have yet to make their round ones!
Inventor
#120 Old 13th May 2009 at 10:54 PM
Do Round One and the App Round end midnight of the 13th or later in the evening of the 14th? Because this looks cool. :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#121 Old 14th May 2009 at 1:25 AM
Yes, they both end thursday at 5 pm usa-eastern time.
Scholar
#122 Old 14th May 2009 at 2:28 AM
Default clw8 - Round 1
Round 1

Meet Allen and Miranda Price!
-Allen just had a birthday and turned 48. He is the manager of a local department store, and works on boats as a hobby.
-Miranda is 46 years old. She is an 11th grade English teacher at the local highschool. She adores children, although she was never able to concieve any of her own.

Allen and Miranda have been married for 25 wonderful years, and have enjoyed all of life's complications along the way. The are very romantic and passionate, and have been voted one of Trout Harbors "Most Valued Residents".

Barely looking a day over 20, they are the ideal cover couple for local magazines and have been featured multiple times in the Trout Harbor Times'.

When ever you see these two love birds, one always realizes what 'true love' is, thus making them such a respected icon in the neighborhood, for all persons, reguardless of age.

The Price's got a magnificent present on their doorstep last week. No, not the traditional gift wrapped box. Think bigger - way bigger!

Miranda's sister, Kayden Greene showed up with her daughter Jaimee. The Price's were excited beyond belief, and welcomed the two into there home as if it were ment to be.

Allen and Jaimee last week when Jaimee had first arrived. Never having a child of his own, Allen took to Jaimee imediately.

Miranda with Jaimee. Miranda had only seen Jaimee twice before, so it was quite a blessing to get to see the beautiful toddler again, and this time for a longer duration. ((Ignore the freakin' task box....I am always forgetting about them :doh))

And, since you've yet to meet her, with no further holding back, here is Kayden Greene!
-Kayden Greene is 24 years old. She is unemployeed and just landed on her sister and brother-in-laws doorstep after escaping a dead end relationship. Besides her sister, Jaimee is Kayden's only other blood relative who knows where she is - for safety reasons ofcourse.

Kayden always had a green thumb so to speak, so it was no surprise that she found time to do a little gardening in her new temporary home. Some call it a hobby - she calls it a gift.

And, where there's mommy, there has to be baby. To complete the happy family - we love kiddies - picture, there has to be a shot of Kayden and her daughter Jaimee (whom really has about zero resemblence at this stage in life. she definately looks like dead beat daddy.)

"-We Are Family-"

-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th May 2009 at 2:45 AM
Sorry again for the links, it won't let me post more than the 2 photos.

This was my chance. If I got this article on the rich Prices down, I'd be sent to California to meet Kayden Greene! Focus, focus! I told myself. Ask all the right questions, get all the right answers, and be on your way.

Mrs. Price, could you please introduce you and your husband to the video camera?
Hello, my name is Miranda Price, and this is my husband, Allen. He cannot speak, but I love him all the same.

How long have you two been married?
It'll be sixty-two years this next November, I guess. I know that we've been married a long time, but we're still in love, right Allen?

How old were you when you got married?
I was but eighteen, and he was twenty. Neither of us went to college, because he was too busy working at the tailor's shop - his father ran one, you know - and I was pregnant with our twins, Jeffery and Sarah, before I was nineteen. Oh, I remember little Jeffie playing in his sister's dollhouse, as clear as if I was standing right next to him. He was such a cute little boy...

And what about you and Allen? What do you do in your spare time?
I don't do anything much. I clean and I cook for the two of us, I write letters and poems sometimes. But it's Allen who really entertains us. Despite his muteness, he has quite an ear for the piano and plays it all day long.
Thank you so much for your time. Look on page seven of your Weekly Digest this Saturday for an article called "True Love In Your Eighties"!

+-----------------+

I was super-excited and super-charged to have a chance to meet my idol, Kayden Greene. Yes, that's right. My article about the Prices was a smash hit, so my boss sent me on the most exciting trip of my lifetime!

Mr. Greene, could you please introduce yourself to the camera for us?
Hey, the name's Kayden Greene. I'm twenty-two years old, and my life's work is modeling. I love doing it, and I've been doing it since, oh, maybe eighth grade.

How do you get such a fit figure? What's your secret?
Well, every morning I do 20 minutes of yoga stretches before a brisk swim. I also eat healthy and try to spend at least five hours a week in my home gym working out.

You often to print ads and TV commercials both alone and with partners. Could you show us an example of a solo project?
This was an ad for SimSwim's streamlined swimwear. I remember the shoot well, because it was so much fun. They had a few cameras set up at different angles and they were just clicking away and I dived and dived and dived and dived for three hours, almost non-stop. I was so exhausted! Then the next day I came into the studio and they let me pick a few of my favorite shots to keep. That was really thoughtful of them, and that's why I kept this photo.

What about an example of a group shot? Did you have any outstanding group projects?
Actually, I did. This photograph was actually for a calendar that was filled with pictures of me with different girls in different places.It stood out because I don't usually do that sort of thing, but I decided to try it once and it was really fun! The girls I worked with were really sweet, and I hope I get to work with some of them in the near future.
Thank you so much for your time Kayden. Your insight into the modeling world is much appreciated!
Inventor
Original Poster
#124 Old 14th May 2009 at 2:53 AM
Nice rounds, clw8 and waroruri!
To everyone else: Approximately 19 hours left to get in your round one's! :D
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:01 AM
Default NayanRose - Round 1
I met up with the Prices in their living room and they were very friendly and hospitable. Before long they were telling me about how they met…

“The year was 1944,” Allen told me. “We were both in the military, and I first saw Miranda when I was waiting for a meeting with my CO. She was so busy with her work that I don’t think she even saw me sitting there, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of her.”

“Oh I saw him,” Miranda interjected with a fond smile. “When Allen stood at attention, he looked so dashing in his uniform that it set my heart aflutter.”

“On one of our early dates,” she continued, “we went on a lovely little picnic. We went to an area that was so peaceful and calm that for a little while, all worries seemed to be swept away. Sadly, that feeling was fleeting, for Allen was deployed the following week.”

“I’ll tell you what though,” Allen said, “my homecoming was quite memorable. Due to a change in scheduling, I got home a day early. Miranda had no clue that I’d gotten in, so I decided to surprise her at work. It seemed fitting seeing as that was where we first saw each other. The joy in her eyes when she saw me is something I'll never forget.”

Upon leaving the Price’s home, I decided to take a stroll around town. I found my way to the local library and asked the librarian if there was anything or anyone interesting about the town. She told me some fascinating stories about someone named Kayden Greene. The stories were so interesting that I asked where I could find this person, and she said she’d arrange a meeting.

The next day, I returned to the library to meet with Kayden. After hearing the stories, he didn’t look quite like I expected him too. From appearances, he seemed to be a rather down-to-Earth man,

but once he started telling of his adventures, I could tell that he was passionate about cryptozoology.

He even showed me a picture of his latest adventure, and I must say that while I was initially skeptical, I am beginning to believe.

My first 1st Place Miss~Mrs Universe 4 Augusta Stone

"Don't say thanks for nothing, knowing I did nothing for you is thanks enough."

Page 5 of 12