Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
Default Batman: The Dark Knight...
This film is being released next week in the U.K...

What do you guys and gals think about it? Do you think that it has been overhyped due to Heath Ledger acting in it?

I think it will be a great film for those who were too young to grow up with Batman and to show appreciation to the late Heath Ledger.

Which actors have played the role of Batman in the past?

I remember Val Kilmer being one.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:40 PM
I don't think that it's been over hyped, Heath Ledger was a great actor, dead or alive. If he were alive and the same previews were showing in the theaters, I would see it at midnight anyways; and I HATE comic book movies. In fact, 6 hours until I get to see it. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:26 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I liked the first one too, Batman Begins. I'm really liking Christian Bale's take on Batman. Other actors who's played Batman in the movies are Michael Keaton (started it), George Clooney (after Val Kilmer) now Christian Bale. I didn't like Keaton's Batman that much. I enjoyed Kilmer and Clooney more, but I think Bale is my favorite. This movie was going to be a huge success with or without Ledger. I've always enjoyed his movies but I think some people are more interested in this movie because it's his last big performance which will make the profits a little bigger.
I'm seeing it Friday BTW. :-)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:38 AM
I'm dyyyying to see it. Christian Bale is the best Batman yet. I would bet my life that In Memory of Heath Ledger is printed before the credits roll.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:44 AM
Yeah, it's already been said that there will be an "in memory of" tribute.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:20 AM
I'm seeing it in a couple of hours here at the premier in my town. I'm SO excited!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamegrl66
Yeah, it's already been said that there will be an "in memory of" tribute.

Sweet. I just won a bet with my friend :D.

Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 12:30 PM
It's not out in the UK until 23rd July where we are previewing it.

I might pay a bit extra to go see it
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 12:41 PM
i saw the movie yesterday. it's good. non-stop action. heath ledger was great in this movie. he is very believable in his character. i'd say 4 thumbs up for his performance :D

i didn't notice the "in memory tribute" coz i didn't finish the closing credits. i'm pretty sure it's not in the opening...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:04 PM
The tribute was just before the credits started rolling to Ledger and another guy. The movie was every entertaining and Christian Bale proved once again he should have been playing Batman all along. Heath Ledger's performance was classic!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:15 PM
The movie is great. Heath Ledger should win an oscar for his work in this. He blew Jack Nicolson's Joker out of the water, and I didn't think it could be possible.

Here's a question... If they have a Catwoman in the next film, who do you think should play the part???
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:59 PM
I just saw it today. It was pretty awesome. I had a bit of a crush on The Joker, I must admit. I don't wanna give anything away, but the end with the D.A... so cool/creepy! My nephew, he's 11, he LOVED it. He won't stop talking about it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM
Oooohh, I am actually really looking forward to seeing this when it's released here in the UK.

I keep bugging my poor long suffering hubby (only because I have a 'thing' about Batman anyway). Hopefully (fingers crossed he doesn't conveniently 'forget') we'll be seeing it next week

*rubs hands with glee*

For more lots, try our Property Market http://soniabigcheese.proboards88.com/index.cgi
Cosy Corner Sims 2
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:13 AM
I've agreed to go...my mom has this crush on batman....(don't ask me why)..it looks good anyway.
Alchemist
#15 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 3:14 AM
My boyfriend LOVED the movie!!! Personally I thought it was a bit long and I'm not sure why he liked it so much. I thought it was well done, but a bit goofy at times. Ledger really did a great job. His performance wasn't just hype. He was pretty awesome.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:45 AM
I love how it's now #1 on IMDb's Greatest Movies list. LMAO. But seriously, I bet it's very good, and that it will level out somewhere in the 30s-50s on the list.
#17 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:07 AM
Hey guys, how about a magic trick?
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 3:40 PM
You have my card...

I'm working on the night of the preview. Gosh darn it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 9:54 PM
Sweet Jesus. I retract my statement about Iron Man being the best comic book movie. The Dark Knight by far surpassed it.

Christian Bale is undoubtedly the best Batman ever and Heath Ledger's Joker made Jack Nicholson's look like a joke. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he earned a posthumous Oscar nomination for his work, and he definitely deserves one. That was a chilling performance and he gave the Joker such quirky, macabre character. Every character was well acted and the action was phenomenal. I loved all of the plot twists, too- they definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. The make-up artist should get an award in addition to Ledger- Two Face was amazing! I'll be buying this on DVD when it comes out.

Alchemist
#20 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:00 PM
Two Face was AWESOME. My nephew wouldn't shut up about him. He kept calling him Twin Face, though. My sister and I kept correcting him.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:40 PM
Yeah, he was awesome. I didn't expect Aaron Eckhart to be very good in the film (he always comes off as a bit of a sleaze and an airhead, to me), but he definitely surprised me. Nowhere near a Joker-caliber villain, but it was palpable how twisted his perception was and that coin was great symbolism.

Whoever plotted this movie was very, very clever. All of the Joker's schemes and ways around the law were fantastic. There were so many times where Batman could have killed him and I was just itching for him to do it, but he didn't. I guess that's what puts him above the common criminal and why he's such a hero, but it just bothered me every time he got away. I was kind of saddened by the ending (I'll try not to spoil anything), but I'm sure there will be another installment in the series and it will be amended.

Alchemist
#22 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:49 PM
"Wanna see a pencil trick?"
I snort-laughed in the theater at that.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:53 PM
That was awesome. "See? It's magic!"

When the Joker put the knife up to the black cop's mouth and told the story about his dad, I cringed a little bit. I wasn't sure how far they were going to take it and how much they were going to show, so I was a little nervous (I'm not squeamish about blood, but I really didn't want to see that). Thankfully they didn't show him actually do the deed. I can't believe the stories he told about his past... must have been a really twisted guy, other than the obvious.

Alchemist
#24 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:54 PM
His laugh was insane. I LOVED IT. I told my sister it sounds like her and she gave me a death-glare.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:56 PM
The laugh must have taken a lot of practice to get to perfection. Sounds almost like Mary Murphy on SYTYCD... good God, someone needs to shoot her. I'm curious as to whether they electronically enhance Christian Bale's voice when he's speaking as Batman or if that's all him. I would think he gets a sore throat from talking like that .

Page 1 of 4