Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 6th May 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saskganesh
Wanda Tinker and Dora Ottomas.

Makeovers help.

There is nothing what can help Dora Ottomas. Maybe only sim surgery.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
There is nothing what can help Dora Ottomas. Maybe only sim surgery.

A default replacement skin and a good pair of glasses and flattering hairstyle, and very gentle makeup do wonders for her!

Just ask Consort Capp: he'll tell you that she's sizzling hot.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 11th May 2020 at 1:34 PM
There are no ugly Sims in Sims 2. Some of them are just more special than others...
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 12th May 2020 at 9:28 PM Last edited by HubbaHop : 13th May 2020 at 10:20 AM.
On a similar thread, I once wrote Mary Gavigan, but nowadays I can't make that statement anymore. Sure, something about her eyebrows in combination with her pointy chin still botters me a bit, but after a makeover I wouldn't change her face even if one in her family would bring home the surgery reward.
I came to the conclusion that there aren't ugly sims, just bad stylings. Sure I didn't like the look in the beginning of Mary, Betty Goldstein and some townies, but there isn't a new style which can't fix this.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:48 AM
I do not often think the premade sims are ugly tbh, i like unique looks and i even like Loki's and Vidcund's faces for some reason. But as someone who loves mixing the genes, the sims spawned with the two broken Maxis templates are the worst, since even with the fixes, what has happened has happened to sims already spawned with it (spawned before installing the fixes, and you can't even fix the premades that Maxis made like in Pleasantview unless you fiddle with SimPE probably).

I just find it kind of creepy how all the other age stages have completely different face (the face template 2, which isn't bad or ugly itself tbh, it's just eering for some reason since it spawns on all kinds of otherwise bugged sims as well like the hidden NPCs, the mannequin and bugged OFB uniform sims so i connect it with those often. Also it looks little creepy when adult sim ages to elder thus looks completely different then). I think it's especially jarring with two of the Tricou teens who look completely different when they become adults, as well as with Jessica Picaso. And tons of other premades as well. It's just very sad as someone who loves seeing different sims yet literally having to play over 50% of their lifespan with a face that isn't even supposed to look like them. So from kind of technical standpoint, i find the sims with those broken faces not necessarily ugly, but as something that makes me upset still.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
I just find it kind of creepy how all the other age stages have completely different face (the face template 2, which isn't bad or ugly itself tbh, it's just eering for some reason since it spawns on all kinds of otherwise bugged sims as well like the hidden NPCs, the mannequin and bugged OFB uniform sims so i connect it with those often. Also it looks little creepy when adult sim ages to elder thus looks completely different then).

These fixes will not work on sims already in your game. For sims already in your game, you'll have to do plastic surgery on them and then use the DNA fixer in my signature to make it genetic and permanent.

Preventive measures for sims not yet born include:

Elder Female "Base Face Template" Chin Fix by Sim-Wolf. Ladies born with face template 2 will now keep face template 2 when aging to elder.
http://modthesims.info/d/302361/eld...t-chin-fix.html

Argon's corrected versions of Maxis broken face templates 21 and 25. Sims born with these two face templates will now keep the proper facial features when aging from teen to adult. The file is argon_archfix.rar.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html

If you don't like any of the Maxis face templates, you can get a default replacement set. This will eliminate the problem since you're no longer using Maxis' broken faces anyway. No links because there must be dozens of these sets all over MTS and the rest of the Sims 2 community.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 22nd May 2020 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
These fixes will not work on sims already in your game. For sims already in your game, you'll have to do plastic surgery on them and then use the DNA fixer in my signature to make it genetic and permanent.

Preventive measures for sims not yet born include:

Elder Female "Base Face Template" Chin Fix by Sim-Wolf. Ladies born with face template 2 will now keep face template 2 when aging to elder.
http://modthesims.info/d/302361/eld...t-chin-fix.html

Argon's corrected versions of Maxis broken face templates 21 and 25. Sims born with these two face templates will now keep the proper facial features when aging from teen to adult. The file is argon_archfix.rar.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html

If you don't like any of the Maxis face templates, you can get a default replacement set. This will eliminate the problem since you're no longer using Maxis' broken faces anyway. No links because there must be dozens of these sets all over MTS and the rest of the Sims 2 community.

Yup, i know all of those and have all of the fixes and i have default replacement faces too. It's just like you said, you can't change it on already spawned townies/made premades which is sadly some of the premades we all know And i heard the DNA fixer especially on that big amount of premades seems to be pretty difficult to use. But i shall see if i will try it out when i'll play premades next time.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 23rd May 2020 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
And i heard the DNA fixer especially on that big amount of premades seems to be pretty difficult to use.

The DNA fixer is not all that difficult to use. Maybe you're thinking of the SimPE method? With the DNA fixer, just do plastic surgery on all the sims that need fixing, exit the game, and run the DNA fixer on the Characters folder of each neighborhood with sims to be fixed. The program will scan the Characters folder and automatically fix the DNA of every sim in that neighborhood who got plastic surgery. That's all there is to it.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 23rd May 2020 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The DNA fixer is not all that difficult to use. Maybe you're thinking of the SimPE method? With the DNA fixer, just do plastic surgery on all the sims that need fixing, exit the game, and run the DNA fixer on the Characters folder of each neighborhood with sims to be fixed. The program will scan the Characters folder and automatically fix the DNA of every sim in that neighborhood who got plastic surgery. That's all there is to it.

Ooh i didn't know that! I thought it was much more complicated. But thanks!
Mad Poster
#110 Old 23rd May 2020 at 2:55 PM
You're welcome. There's a link in my signature to a post with instructions and screenshots for the DNA fixer if you need help.
Page 5 of 5