Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 9:25 PM
Default Custom Clothing
hello everyone, i have the sims 3 and all the expansions and stuff packs and im wanting to get into making and importing custom clothing and other objects and i looked through the tutorials but i didnt see anything that covered what im trying to do and was wondering how do i go about doing it? any help and advice would be awesome!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 7:25 AM
Hey Luke,

What is it exactly that you would like to do? This site does have some great clothing tutorials on custom meshing. The Sims Resource has some good easy to understand tutorials on how to add logos and such to your clothing using the stencils, which can be a good start. In addition, TSR has some good easy to follow beginner object creation tutorials.

Hope this helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by metisqueen
Hey Luke,

What is it exactly that you would like to do? This site does have some great clothing tutorials on custom meshing. The Sims Resource has some good easy to understand tutorials on how to add logos and such to your clothing using the stencils, which can be a good start. In addition, TSR has some good easy to follow beginner object creation tutorials.

Hope this helps
well i basically want to add custom clothing items like hats shirts etc of my designs into the game, for instance i make a jack sparrow costume from pirates of the Caribbean and want to add it to the game for my sim or upload it for others if the makes sense
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 3:18 PM
i have another question i downloaded custom made faces for my game how do i use them?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:26 PM
What kind of custom faces? Are they face masks/overlays?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What kind of custom faces? Are they face masks/overlays?

it was this one right here http://sims3updates.net/details.php?cat=cas&id=12822
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:00 AM
As you can read it is a skintone.
Skintones can be picked when creating a sim in CAS, in the top tab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 5:26 AM
hate to ask something else but could someone point to the correct tutorial im looking for, for adding custom clothing? i have gone through just about them all unless im missing something and i havent seen any that match what im looking for for what to do, thanks for all the help so far!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 6:05 AM
Just adding custom clothing into your game is covered on the Wiki pages located HERE.

Editing existing clothes by recoloring them is a little more complex. You can find lots of info on how to do that on the Wiki pages OVER HERE.
The example turns a pair of gloves into a tattoo, but the methods are the same for ANY clothing item.

Making a new clothing item requires meshing. Don't expect to jump right in and make a complete pirate outfit if you've never meshed before. For making modified clothing items, start with a fairly simple tutorial. This one --
CAS Parts - Tutorial: Frankensteined Clothing in Seven (reasonably) Easy Steps
-- is easy to follow and gets you familiar with several basic meshing skills. It will show you how to take a top that extends to the waist and turn it into a tube top with the Sim's midriff exposed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sciguy77
Just adding custom clothing into your game is covered on the Wiki pages located HERE.

Editing existing clothes by recoloring them is a little more complex. You can find lots of info on how to do that on the Wiki pages OVER HERE.
The example turns a pair of gloves into a tattoo, but the methods are the same for ANY clothing item.

Making a new clothing item requires meshing. Don't expect to jump right in and make a complete pirate outfit if you've never meshed before. For making modified clothing items, start with a fairly simple tutorial. This one --
CAS Parts - Tutorial: Frankensteined Clothing in Seven (reasonably) Easy Steps
-- is easy to follow and gets you familiar with several basic meshing skills. It will show you how to take a top that extends to the waist and turn it into a tube top with the Sim's midriff exposed.
im good at 3d modeling so meshing should be easy for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:34 AM
it took me some time but heres the outfit i want to add to my game http://imageshack.us/a/img208/342/rebelpilot.jpg just need to know how and if i need to animate it or anything like that thanks for all the help and advice!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 12:45 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 22nd Oct 2012 at 6:14 PM.
I'll going to take a stab at this. Now that you have the mesh, you'll need to get it into a package the game will know what to do with. I cloned the adult male astronaut outfit and attached it for you. It looks fairly similar and it should be a good match for your new mesh.
A LOT goes into making a new mesh work in TS3. The mesh will need 3 different Levels OF Detail or lod's. Bloom has an excellent tutorial on how to do this in Milkshape for simgeom files HERE. I've never used Blender so you'll have to adapt the methods yourself, and track down the various plugins needed.
Once you have the various lod's made, you're going to need to make all the body morphs. CmarNYC's Frankensteined Clothing in Seven (reasonably) Easy Steps explains step by step how to make the various morphs in Mesh Toolkit. Use the BGEO's included in the astronaut outfit as a reference for the morphs, and you can use the geom files for bone references. If you work in TSRW I posted a guide that combines the lod and morph-making process HERE.
It looks like you already have the textures done, so all that remains for them is to replace the ones already in the package for the astronaut suit. Sims 3:Replacing Textures is another easy to follow tutorial showing how to get it done. Once you complete all these steps your new body mesh should be ready for the game. Good luck with it, and I hope I didn't give any wrong info! I'm pretty new to meshing myself and am still on a learning curve.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  amBodyAstronaut.7z (1.79 MB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:40 AM
Clothing by JJs Tailors is customize and personalise all types of clothing, in which customs and trends are followed by the very well known tailors with their adroit skills and their experience.