Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Whisperingtothefire : 19th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM.
Help with Finding A Good PC for Sims 2/3 to Run Smoothly
Hello, I understand there are loads of people who are just like me...utterly, hopelessly clueless and lost when it comes to finding a GOOD/DECENT gaming computer...I am certainly no technological person.

My budget is no more than 990..I understand that the more expensive the computer the better it is...but I simply don't have that kind of money.

I'd like a PC that can run sims 3 (with all EP's) and the sims 2 (with all EP's) as those are literally the only games I ever play on this thing. Everything else is for internet browsing (especially CC hunting) and all those other little things that we do on computers for school work and work, work. (SketchUp, StyleBuilder ie)

I've set my eyes upon the Cyberpower PC and got hooked (the prices!) however I looked up some forums here and most of the people who are familiar with this company have had issues since the company uses old computer parts..a little disappointing to say the least..but as the saying goes things can be "too good to be true".

This was a wordy post..My apologies!

P.S I am from Canada so I mean..if you find a website for shipping to the states ONLY there's going to be a problem with that,lol.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
Bumpity Bump!
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
I take it you're looking for a desktop? Do you have any parts already that you could re use? Like a monitor? Mouse & Keyboard? If not does your CAD $990 budget include peripherals?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
I take it you're looking for a desktop? Do you have any parts already that you could re use? Like a monitor? Mouse & Keyboard? If not does your CAD $990 budget include peripherals?

Hello, thank you for replying! :-)

I am looking for a PC, and I have everything but a monitor. I would rather buy it seperately! The 990 budget is the ...erm.. "tower" by itself? (I think that's the correct term..I'm awful when it comes to computers)

Oh and I apologize for the late reply..oops :x
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:55 AM
We can definitely find something decent for $990. I'll post back once I find some decent options.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:13 PM
Don't forget to add a DVD/Bluray drive if that's something you want, too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Whisperingtothefire : 20th Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Don't forget to add a DVD/Bluray drive if that's something you want, too.

May I ask what the use of this is ? Is this where you can add any kind of CD in? For gaming, music, movies ect? Though.. you *did* say "if...you want" then I suppose it's not absolutely necessary to have... is it?

Thank you in advance! :-)
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:17 PM
Its the thing that reads CDs/DVDs. If you don't have one in your computer then your computer cannot read any discs.

Some people use them in their computer everyday, some people never use them. Its 100% up to you. They are not expensive... Maybe $15-$20 so if you think you might want to install games from disc then we should add one, but if you never use discs you can save $20.