Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 1:15 AM
kopple36 I'd love to have you!

I still need contestants and an emergency judge.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Advertisement
The other one
#27 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 5:28 AM
I'm not normally too fussy about how my sims look (as long as they're not uggers, lol) but I think I'd like to do this for a challenge if I'm not too late(?) I'm at work now though (nightshift) so will set about dolling up your sim as soon as I get home...and no, I will not wave my right to use lack of sleep as an excuse if its rubbish! lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 5:36 AM
So happy to have you!

There is plenty of time...in fact I will probably extend the applications.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:48 PM
Heh, i'll bite. Count me in.
The other one
#30 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 5:13 PM
Default Competition Entry
Easypeaze made this so difficult since her sim is pretty much what I imagine when I think 'female nerd', lol. Anyway, here goes:

1. Body Shot, Everyday Wear
Meet Lizzy McGrath, class nerd.

2. Portrayal Shot
Lizzy is a hardcore gaming geek and all round IT guru. Be it console games or modding on the interwebz, Lizzy can nearly always be found near a computer.

3. Head Shot, Formal
Her pasty skin and the dark circles under her eyes are tell-tale signs of her technology obsession which sees her spend all day and sometimes all night locked in her room tapping away at her keyboard/controller.

4. Head Shot, Casual
Lizzy has a lot of love to give and is full of energy but since 90% of her social life is conducted online she is quite socially awkward. Her nick-name in school was Loopy Lizzy thanks to her unusual dress sense and social ineptitude.

5. Body Shot, Party Wear
That doesn’t stop her from raiding her big sister’s wardrobe and partying like there’s no tomorrow. Shame her dance moves are a little…odd.

Field Researcher
#31 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 6:20 PM
Great entry missroxor! The last pic had me spitting out my coffee...classic! I love her outfit! Thank you for the compliment.
Sisaly I'm glad you're extending the app round. :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 6:37 PM
I'm in as well, never done a contest before though...

Guess we'll see how it goes

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read close enough.
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:27 PM
missroxor you did awesome!!! I love the last pic.

RiBlan, I'd love for you to join!

garrett, once you start contests they get addictive. LOL
Can't wait to see your application.

Sim Princess in Pink
#34 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:37 PM Last edited by LouBarratt88 : 6th Oct 2009 at 9:39 PM. Reason: Question Added
I have been waiting for a sims 3 contest so I will be joining this one for sure!

A couple of questions;

Do we have to give a description/story on the sim or just the name we have decided to call her?

And also is it the normal mycomputer/c:/programmefiles/electronicarts/mods/packages etc folder I need to extract her too?

Oh and also what is the difference between 'casual' and 'formal' headshots?

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LouBarratt88
I have been waiting for a sims 3 contest so I will be joining this one for sure!

A couple of questions;

Do we have to give a description/story on the sim or just the name we have decided to call her?

And also is it the normal mycomputer/c:/programmefiles/electronicarts/mods/packages etc folder I need to extract her too?

Lou put the sim in your mydocuments Electronic Arts folder...there should be another folder in that that says saved sims, put her in there
Sim Princess in Pink
#36 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:13 PM
Thank you

The other one
#37 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:14 PM

A couple of questions;

I know Easypeaze has given an answer I just wanted to add that if you have never saved a sim in CAS before the 'saved sims' folder might not be in there. You'll have to create a sim in CAS and save the sim (using the '...' in CAS) to create the folder because just making a new folder in your sims folder doesn't seem to work. I've just had Sisaly hand walk me through all this yesterday, lol.

Easypeaze and Sisaly, thanks for the compliments , I was a little worried about the quality of some of my pics though. Some are a little pixelated as I forgot to up my settings when I did the first lot. Will I be marked down for that? Should I change them?

Edit: Oops, you got there first PS your baby is soo cute
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:16 PM
Thank you

You are welcome
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:39 PM
Lou, you changed your name.... That will take some getting used to.

You can give a little description if you want. It can really help with the portrayal picture if it's not obvious.

Casual means what she would look like going to the grocery store.
Formal means to show what she looks like going out; like to a party.

missroxor
, by 'photo quality' is how nice your photo composition is. Not your graphics. But if your game can handle high sim and texture setting it doesn't hurt.

Looks like we are picking up some steam here. But I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to pass everyone on to round 2.

Sim Princess in Pink
#40 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Lou, you changed your name.... That will take some getting used to.

You can give a little description if you want. It can really help with the portrayal picture if it's not obvious.

Casual means what she would look like going to the grocery store.
Formal means to show what she looks like going out; like to a party.

Yes, I requested it be changed because I found my full name and the '88' a bit boring. Keira is my daughters name and Louise is her middle name, being my first name too, thought bit confusing but never mind hehe.

Ok, well its 12am where I am so going to have to do this tomorrow now.. can't wait though .

missroxor - I see now, before I read your comment I tried making a folder and it didn't work, thank you shall have to give it a blast tomorrow.

Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 12:37 AM
Hi, I'd love to try..

Do I need permission to enter first? (in which case... may I?)
Or can I just "git'er done" and post her?

will the new rounds post about the same time each week?
thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JivaFang
Hi, I'd love to try..

Do I need permission to enter first? (in which case... may I?)
Or can I just "git'er done" and post her?

will the new rounds post about the same time each week?
thanks.

You can just git'er done. lol

Yes, I'll try to post about the same day each week, barring any extensions and judging wait times.

Lou
, I use my daughter's name too. :P

Sim Princess in Pink
#43 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:10 AM Last edited by KeiraLou : 7th Oct 2009 at 2:05 PM. Reason: Added more details.
I'm on a really slow internet connection at the moment so all I can see is pixilated pictures online, please can you let me know if any of mine didn't upload properly, thanks .

Felix Conk

Casual Headshot

This is Felix. She is a single child and part of a middle-class family. During her school years, she was labled a 'geek' but never let the popular click stop her from learning. Because of her well intended actions, she left secondary school with all A's and A+'s, which she is extremely proud of.

Body Shot

As you can see, she is a bit of a plain-Jane. She has just moved into her own flat, no more then a couple of miles from her parents' home. She spends most of her time either at her new place or working at the local supermarket.

Formal Headshot

Although she got abuse at school for her looks, she does scrub up rather well. She usually puts her contact lenses in when going out with friends.

Felix's Pastimes

Felix is currently doing a home-course which consists of sitting at the computer and studying. This is the time she is most content as she types away on the keyboard and sips at her coffee. She hopes to one day become a famous author, and prove to the world she is more then just the nerd she has been portrayed as.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:27 AM
Default McKinsey Klinghopper- Class Nerd (Application Round)
Meet McKinsey Klinghopper!

Everyday Headshot:

Ever since she was known as the school nerd in 3rd grade when the school nicknamed her "knee-sock McKinsey", she has been a bit...weird.

Everyday Bodyshot:

She loves to spend her time reading all day from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. when the library closes.

Nerdy Bodyshot:

Her worst idiosyncrasy is her obession of... fish. Every night she puts on her bubbles night gown and feeds her 16 fish. That's right, 16!

Formal Headshot:

She has never actually been invited to a party per say, but she did throw one in which no one, even her boyfriend who she met online, came to.

Hope you like my application! Tell me if I need to change anything!

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:44 AM
What does it take to be an emergency judge?

Zzzzz.......
Field Researcher
#46 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:53 AM
Default Application - Jeannie R. Herline
Application Round - Class Nerd

Headshot 1 - Meet Jeannie R. Herline

By day Jeannie is a kind-hearted, if shy, young woman. A perpetual daydreamer, she often appears to have her "head in the clouds" as it were. While her hair (which she perceives as being a "mousey brown") is often mussed and her glasses slightly smudged, there is a simming enthusiasm and moxie underneath her exterior.

Headshot 2 - "Let's Party Like it's 1999"

While Jeannie may be shy, she does like to get together with her Dungeons & Dragons buddies and Amateur Astronomers Guild for fun outings, like the opening of the new Star Trek movie. After plaiting her hair and applying some make-up, Jeannie always pauses to make sure that she doesn't have any stray pieces of spinach caught in her braces.

Bodyshot 1 - Ex Libris: Yearbook Photo

Interestingly Jeannie popped up throughout her high school yearbook in various club and organization photos. This is a photograph taken for the Science Fiction Readers Unite! club, of which Jeannie was President during her Senior year.

Bodyshot 2 - She's a "Jukebox Hero/Got Stars in [Her] Eyes"

Jeannie's evenings are often spent out on her house's balcony where she can pursue one of her greatest passions: astronomy. Her friends Cecil, Hannah, Dwayne, and Cody all chipped in and bought her this new telescope for her birthday; her excitement about the gift was palpable and evident in her expression.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:50 AM
YAY!!!! More contestants!

Lou, your pics look fine, great job!

LucyCat......Klinghopper.......I'm still chuckling. Nice to see you again.

CisteCaise
, I love Jeannie's clothing choices. Welcome to the fun!

yanivkauf, you just need to be online at least once a week. If you want I'll put you down. Thanks for your interest.

Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:51 AM
I'm online all week, but not all day.

So, sure, sign me up :P

Zzzzz.......
Sim Princess in Pink
#49 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 2:06 PM
Thanks Sisaly , If at any point in the future my pictures look blurry or pixilated then just mention it and I shall re-upload them and hope for the best lol.

Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:10 PM
yanivkauf, I put you down, thanks!

Judging is now filled. Now we just need more people for them to judge!

No problem Lou!

Still plenty of time for people to get their entry together.
A reminder that apps close on Sunday.

Page 2 of 12