Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:05 PM
Default What's the general processing of putting custom clothing and objects into Sims 3 using Blender?
Hey there, I'm looking at putting some RWBY and Last Airbender/Legend of Korra outfits I made in Blender a while back for Skyrim and Fallout 4 into Sims 3, and I want to know if it's possible for something like this to be done. Here's a link to my imgur gallery if you want to check them out.

http://andywilkins.imgur.com

I'm really getting into modding at the moment, and I like playing Sims 3, so can you guys point me to the best tutorials and guides on how to put custom objects and clothing into Sims 3 and exporting them successfully from Blender?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 11:36 PM
I have made a tutorial about game conversions (or maybe your own model conversion) Anyway, I used Dragon age Inquisition as the game to convert. From this part it basically goes like every conversion, doesn't matter what game, mod, or anything at all: https://youtu.be/1XdsPwDQCOQ
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I have made a tutorial about game conversions (or maybe your own model conversion) Anyway, I used Dragon age Inquisition as the game to convert. From this part it basically goes like every conversion, doesn't matter what game, mod, or anything at all: https://youtu.be/1XdsPwDQCOQ

Great tutorial. Feel free to make more! I have one question. When you were deleting the sims body inside the outfit, everything was highlighted in blue and you were able to delete what you needed to even though all the vertices were inside an entirely different mesh. How the heck did you do that? It was at about the eight-minute mark in the first video.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:24 PM
Oohh I guess I did that one a bit too fast. I used the spacebar and then it showed up. Just type in the name you want and there you go! It seems that I used the 'remove doubles' one. Since i'm pretty lazy myself, I just search these things up, but if you want to know where it actually is located, go into edit mode> Tools tab (The window at your left) Scroll down, and you'll see 'remove doubles'. This is for Blender 2.7+. Blender 2.6+, it's basically, going into edit mode and in Mesh tools, you'll see a tag called 'remove' and there you'll find remove doubles as well.

Hope this helps you out! I'm actually working on a hair conversion tutorial, and on a maxis match clothing tutorial, so stay tuned for more!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th May 2016 at 2:02 PM
Default Can I Write here instead of making a new thread?
Hi!
I wonder how to do it for Project Diva series?
You know, that game with Hatsune Miku and some others for PS3?
I know that you, GreenPlumbbob is very kind and helpful when it comes to The Sims 3 meshing and I really appreciate that you were helping me in some threads, thank you!(Sorry, I forgot to say that before.)
The meshes has some crazy proportions on the bodies from Project Diva, Dreamy Theater 2nd.
Like, the legs are more than half of the body and the heads is like 1/7 or 1/6 of the whole body(The real human head proportions is 1/8)!
The models also have very small waists and small necks.
(I also mean hair and hair UV mapping.)
How can I convert these on a easy and neat way without some skin showing underneath?
Are there any tutorials out there on how to convert from Project Diva Series to The Sims 3?
If not, are someone here willing to do a tutorial for me and maybe for other people?
I would be so glad if someone could do that!
My plan was to upload sets here on Modthesims, but due the difficulty I have cancelled and resumed many times now.
I don´t know where to start.
When it comes to hair, do you recommend me to choose a short hair mesh then?
(Some of the hair goes down to the knees!)
I´m using Blender, I´m getting used to it now.
And marking seams are no problems anymore thanks to you GreenPlumbbob!
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hi!
The meshes has some crazy proportions on the bodies from Project Diva, Dreamy Theater 2nd.
Like, the legs are more than half of the body and the heads is like 1/7 or 1/6 of the whole body(The real human head proportions is 1/8)!
The models also have very small waists and small necks.

Actually my tutorial shows what the progress is for every conversion, though some are harder to convert than the one I choose to do. (Which was just for the sake of the tutorial, because I have done some conversions you have issues with as well.)
Just keep in mind: ALWAYS delete the bare skin parts! And with that I mean the neck, the legs, the arms, maybe hands, etc. You only need the clothing part. And it might sound weird, but it's all about patience and experience. I've been doing this for almost 2 years now and even after the tutorial I found some tricks I feel more comfortable with than I showed in the tutorial. But if I would do that in a tutorial... well there is a huge chance people wouldn't understand or will do that to meshes that doesn't need that to be done.

You could start with going into edit mode, scale it with using S+X and S+Y so you will have the body in some way as it should, then you just select some parts where it's needed and scale or even rotate it in the way it's needed. So it will even work on body parts like hatsune miku. (I think you meant her ^-^)

Hi!
How can I convert these on a easy and neat way without some skin showing underneath?

I usually place the mouse cursor on the skin part and press 'L' in edit mode. If that doesn't work, then you should select it the old way. This option works only with Blender 2.7+ though >-<

Hi!
When it comes to hair, do you recommend me to choose a short hair mesh then?
(Some of the hair goes down to the knees!)

This might sound weird, but you could try a body mesh at the parts that reaches the knees. It can be done properly with Meshtoolkit. You need to manually delete some of the bones though and replace that with the sims 3 body bones. (So not the hair bones!) I explained a bit about that with a baby mesh but it's basically the same thing: http://modthesims.info/t/564194
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2016 at 12:00 PM
Then I have some questions:
I´m making a skirt(I think it is called an alpha skirt, you actually can see the bum(?)(bottom)on the mesh if you are viewing it on the bottom view in blender, if you know what I mean.)
Should I delete the legs and bottom in this case, or can I delete the UV Map on the bottom where the skirt is?
I noticed that EA Skirt Meshes does have a compact lump(?)underneath the skirt, you can´t see the panties(I´m not a pervert by the way, I just want it realistic!)
In this case, the Hatsune Miku skirt mesh is like a real-life skirt, you can see the bottom and panties underneath.
I have followed your great tutorial and was stuck on the delete the unused body-parts.
Because, If I overlap the skirt UV Map/Texture on the lower body part, It will get the texture both on the skirt and underneath it on the sims 3 body?
But, if you know the UV Map body template from cmarNYC we can also place it on the green field on the right?
Would that be my solution?
I hope you can understand.
Thank You!
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 8th May 2016 at 12:16 PM
Then I have some questions:
I´m making a skirt(I think it is called an alpha skirt, you actually can see the bum(?)(bottom)on the mesh if you are viewing it on the bottom view in blender, if you know what I mean.)
Should I delete the legs and bottom in this case, or can I delete the UV Map on the bottom where the skirt is?
I noticed that EA Skirt Meshes does have a compact lump(?)underneath the skirt, you can´t see the panties(I´m not a pervert by the way, I just want it realistic!)
In this case, the Hatsune Miku skirt mesh is like a real-life skirt, you can see the bottom and panties underneath.
I have followed your great tutorial and was stuck on the delete the unused body-parts.
Because, If I overlap the skirt UV Map/Texture on the lower body part, It will get the texture both on the skirt and underneath it on the sims 3 body?
But, if you know the UV Map body template from cmarNYC we can also place it on the green field on the right?
Would that be my solution?
I hope you can understand.
Thank You!

Hmm you could just delete the entire underpart, then have it replaced with the sims 3 body. One thing. NEVER delete a UV map when it comes to converting, unless you want to remap everything, then it's fine. The reason why EA does that to their skirts is to have their game to run with less polycount as possible. That's why I deleted the unnecessary parts under Josephine's outfit. Else the game could break for some people with a low spec running game, because they run it on an old computer.

On the BOdy template, if you're doing a fullbody mesh, you can use both Top and Bottom. So that means you have more space, but don't place anything over the sims 3 uv map because it would overlap and the results aren't going to be nice.