Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:33 PM Last edited by robot85 : 7th Jun 2010 at 7:25 PM.
A Mod that allows you to change active household without destruction (not Awesomemod)?

This whole 1.12 patch and Awesomemod not working with it is really annoying. There is a test version out, but it ruins your school and other community lots. I don't want that.

The thing I use Awesomemod for most is its ability to purge that STUPID "feature" the Sims 3 has that deletes everything in your inventories/wishes/opportunities/etc. I also use it for its Story Progression.

But, since it is not working at the moment, is there another mod that allows you to switch households without losing everything? I know IndieStone used to, but that's long gone.

I'm using 1.12, by the way. Sims 3, no EPs.

EDIT: I know MATY would have been a better place for this maybe, but 1) I'm not 18 (like it matters anyway), 2) The sign-up process is incredibly stupid (I got the questions, but it thought I was a spammer!!), and 3) I'm not a big fan of the rude people on there. They expect you to know exactly what you're doing.

EDIT2: I have been searching through the game's xml, but I can't find anything related to changing active households. What did Pes change to accomplish this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:24 PM
Personal inventory purging was removed by EA with the WA patch.

In it's place EA added coding to stop inactives from receiving new items. That way they would not fill up their inventory with piles of fish and crap.

So you should be able to safely switch households without losing your personal inventory, provided you are properly up-to-date Patch-wise.

----

Note that the last time I check, fridge inventory is still destroyed on switch, unless you have a mod such as StoryProgression installed.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:28 PM
Thanks for the response.

When you say the WA patch, that doesn't mean you need WA, right? And are wishes + opportunities still destroyed? Sorry for all the questions.

One last one: Is there a way to change that myself? I couldn't find anything to changing active households in the xml.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:31 PM
I just realized you had your own Story Progression mod. Awesome. :D

Is that (the changing households thing) "fixed" in your Mod? (Again, sorry for the questions!)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robot85
When you say the WA patch, that doesn't mean you need WA, right?

I mean the Patch that came out at the same time as WA.

Base-Game Patch 1.5 or WA Patch 2.0 .

And are wishes + opportunities still destroyed? Sorry for all the questions.

StoryProgression has the ability to retain those if you wish.

Though you will need to enable the "Retain Dreams and Opportunities" option to do so, it is not enabled by default.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:12 AM
Thanks. :D

I downloaded your mod and installed it even before you replied. I discovered that feature as well. I see the warning still comes up, and I am guessing while the lifetime wish stays, the promises do not. That's fine, as it is only the lifetime wish + opportunities that I am worried about. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM
I see the warning still comes up

Warning ? Are you still switching households via "Edit Town" ?

Don't do that, use the "Story Progression \ Make Active" interaction when you click on a sim.

Cheers.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM
Okay, thanks! I never would've known.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ohh... kinda cool i was looking for a way to do this w/o using Awesomemod

To live each day is a hell of a miracle