Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Wouldn't that be simlish music that probably no one outside the sims community would want to listen to?

Only the vocals. The music itself would still be hers. And it'd be more a matter of she'd have to give EA permission to use her music to make profits...which complicates things in music/art/writing.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:20 PM
Yeah, but Katy Perry did allow EA to make Hot n Cold in simlish for The Sims 2, so it's not like it wouldn't be something she hasn't done before.

Maybe it's just due to the fact that her music isn't all that great...
Instructor
#78 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Oogie oogie oo, ah-ah oogie oo oo! Oogie oogie oo, ah-ah oogie oo oo!

God. It's pretty much the best worst thing ever. Or vice versa.

Oh, come on, Kiwi, you know you chair-dance like a mad-man every time it would come on.

It was so popular in my house that whenever it came on everyone would drop what they were doing and run to the dancefloor (or cages - which I just remembered we're still missing!).

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Inventor
#79 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
Yes, but they already gave us an entire EP dedicated to showbusiness, shouldn't they be giving us an SP based on something else?

I said a multi-celebrity fashion pack would have been easier to swallow than a pack centered around Katy Perry, not that I would have been happy about it. :P

I wanted something else.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Retired
retired moderator
#80 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:56 PM
Being, at times, a Huge Trial to Live With, I was lying in bed singing it to myself last night, to my hubby's complete horror.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#81 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Being, at times, a Huge Trial to Live With, I was lying in bed singing it to myself last night, to my hubby's complete horror.

Thank you, Kiwi. It is now stuck in my head and I cannot get out the vision of millions of simmers lying in bed humming the verse.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#82 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:56 PM
didn't anyone read my comment?
Quote: Originally posted by DemonGuy23
God,

No offence, but you people are so gullible. Anyone could fake those pics which the op calls "proof". Another thing is even if it is true, why now after all this time are you saying "im not buying any more sims games or whatever by EA", I haven't bought any EA game since Late night because I realised EA's games are horrible and pretty sure a ton of us have, but only now after all this time of horrible game you are saying no more. Anyway this is my opinion the end.

Cya.
Banned
#83 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:58 PM
Someone with 3,000 posts who has been here for eight years is a little more trustworthy than you're trying to make us believe.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I said a multi-celebrity fashion pack would have been easier to swallow than a pack centered around Katy Perry, not that I would have been happy about it. :P

I wanted something else.

Yes, but only of they were complete outfits and very representative for the celebrity in question because that would mean we would be able to create so and so celebrity. Unfortunately there are very few that fall in this category. As for Katy Perry, I don't know what else there is that somehow could not fit into the SHT EP, even in the collectors edition.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:44 PM
This is pretty dumb. I'm usually really open-minded about EPs and SPs (especially since I typically do not buy SPs) but this is so overly specific that I really can't view it positively. Even ignoring my dislike for Katy Perry, it just doesn't make sense as an SP to me. Maybe a music based (or even pop based) one in general (which could certainly include more KP stuff) but an entire SP devoted particularly to ONE real-life pop star? Uhh...
Banned
#86 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
this is so overly specific that I really can't view it positively

We don't even know what's in it. :X
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonGuy23
God,

no offence, but you people are so gullible. Anyone could fake those pics which the op calls "proof". Another thing is even if it is true, why now after all this time are you saying "im not buying any more sims games or whatever by EA", I haven't bought any EA game since Late night because I realised EA's games are horrible and pretty sure a ton of us have, but only now after all this time of horrible game you are saying no more. Anyway this is my opinion the end.

Cya.

For your information, the screen shot is not fake. This is a "print screen" snapshot from opening my Origin. I even have the chat log saved, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to upload that. You'll see soon when it's announced, unless EA pulls the idea (I doubt it, what with Katy Perry at stake and all). I would have found it pathetic to cause all this uproar for my own gain. But you're right. I guess it's technically not proof because I can't prove that the screen shot hasn't been edited. Believe what you want. I know what I see when I open my Origin. Also, I'm not the only one who had an SP6 placeholder via Origin back in January. Someone from the official forums had posted a screen shot as well, which was obviously an error. That person should also have the KP stuff for free, provided that it wasn't removed. Mine wasn't removed because I made sure that EA would honor it, which they did. Though, I guess I really got what I asked for now that we know what the SP is titled.
Scholar
#88 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Though, I guess I really got what I asked for now that we know what the SP is titled.

Good, now we can talk you into installing it and taking one for the team so we can figure out if it's crap before the rest of us pay money for it.

I think that makes you, like, the monkey we sent into space before we were willing to do it ourselves. <3

Theorist
#89 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:37 PM
Besides the horrid branding idea, it can still be a good SP. I really like her house http://www.homedesignide.com/2011/1...aty-perry-house and not everything she wears is weird.

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:41 PM
that's ridiculous. why would EA be so close minded as to appeal to such a small market for the next SP? i don't buy the SP's but that's really not a good move on their part. wouldn't they want to get more money out of us and make something more of the public would like? i mean i know a lot of people really like katy perry, but i also know there are a lot of others like me who absolutely cannot stand her.

EA has lost their marbles.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Besides the horrid branding idea, it can still be a good SP. I really like her house http://www.homedesignide.com/2011/1...aty-perry-house and not everything she wears is weird.

Why would they give us her house and her furniture? This is just silly.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:56 PM
Her house, her clothes, her giant fruit fetish...Whatever it's gonna be, it'll most likely be yet another luxury themed stuff pack... To quote Lazy Game Reviews: When are we gonna get Hungry Homeless Hobo Stuff?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Good, now we can talk you into installing it and taking one for the team so we can figure out if it's crap before the rest of us pay money for it.

I think that makes you, like, the monkey we sent into space before we were willing to do it ourselves. <3

I would install it if I could, but it still says unreleased. I cannot install it until it is enabled, which would probably be around release time.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:21 AM
lol I bet in the Magic expansion our sims will be able to shape shift into Katy Perry, I can already picture the gurus calling that option "awesome" in a walkthrough.
Scholar
#95 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 1:01 AM
I would install it if I could, but it still says unreleased. I cannot install it until it is enabled, which would probably be around release time.

I meant when it is enabled.

Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95

Besides the weird globe light and maybe the oven hood, everything I can see in those photos we could CAST ourselves with at most a couple store packs. We have those exact cabinents, for instance.

Inventor
#96 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 2:13 AM
Yes, but only of they were complete outfits and very representative for the celebrity in question because that would mean we would be able to create so and so celebrity. Unfortunately there are very few that fall in this category. As for Katy Perry, I don't know what else there is that somehow could not fit into the SHT EP, even in the collectors edition.

Well, I don't know much about current pop culture, so forgive my possible ignorance, but doesn't Katy Perry have her own clothing line? Doesn't Miley Cyrus? I don't know what Beiber and Selena Gomez are up to, but I keep hearing about how they're making perfume... or something.

Anyway... the point is that EA could easily lift designs by the clothing labels of probably 20 or so celebrities who are currently hot stuff. They don't have to say, "Here are some famous red carpet dresses by certain celebrities so you can re-create them in your game!" but instead give us stuff that they have on their clothing line.

Not to mention the signature wears of Gaga. I don't even listen to her music or follow her but if someone says "the meat dress" then I know exactly what they're talking about.

While I was writing I decided to do some research. Here are the celebrities with clothing lines... and there are a lot of them... http://fashion.about.com/cs/celebri...ebritylines.htm

Art tumblr
deviantart
Banned
#97 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 4:06 AM
Quote:
Anyway... the point is that EA could easily lift designs by the clothing labels of probably 20 or so celebrities who are currently hot stuff. They don't have to say, "Here are some famous red carpet dresses by certain celebrities so you can re-create them in your game!" but instead give us stuff that they have on their clothing line.

"Lift" the designs? And then get sued for 20 or so lawyers backed by billions of dollars?
Scholar
#98 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I don't even listen to her music or follow her but if someone says "the meat dress" then I know exactly what they're talking about.

I wouldn't know what to feel about a random townie walking across my lot in a meat dress.

If they made Lady Gaga sim the genie I'd be happy. Wish I could shove her in a dark lamp in real life (no offense to her fans)...
Inventor
#99 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:39 AM
No, I meant "lift" literally.

And the meat dress... *shrugs* It was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I thought "Gaga." I thought that thing was dumb anyway. Raw meat worn for hours. Waste of food + the possibility of getting raw meat blood in places where raw meat blood should never go. *shudders*

Besides, if you want to take a different perspective, an animal died for her fashion. Shouldn't she be blacklisted by PETA or something?

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#100 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:50 AM
For your information, the screen shot is not fake. This is a "print screen" snapshot from opening my Origin. I even have the chat log saved, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to upload that. You'll see soon when it's announced, unless EA pulls the idea (I doubt it, what with Katy Perry at stake and all). I would have found it pathetic to cause all this uproar for my own gain. But you're right. I guess it's technically not proof because I can't prove that the screen shot hasn't been edited. Believe what you want. I know what I see when I open my Origin. Also, I'm not the only one who had an SP6 placeholder via Origin back in January. Someone from the official forums had posted a screen shot as well, which was obviously an error. That person should also have the KP stuff for free, provided that it wasn't removed. Mine wasn't removed because I made sure that EA would honor it, which they did. Though, I guess I really got what I asked for now that we know what the SP is titled.
Sorry if it sounded a bit rude, but I must say over at the GTA forums there are a ton of people "leaking information/pics" on the new GTA V and they are all obviously fake. Anyway thats my opinion.
Page 4 of 9