Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
Default Update: 04/13/2017 – PC Version 1.29.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.29.39.1220
Update: 04/13/2017 – PC Version 1.29.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.29.39.1220

Hey PlantSimmers!

Are you feeling green? Ready to let the sun invigorate you? Do you see magic beans in your sleep? Is Jack your favorite name? Ivy? Or Audrey… too?

Or maybe, you just have your own seed to bear… fruit to pluck… rings to count… er… plant related story to tell. Well, now you can, because the PlantSim Challenge has sprouted!

Look, plant + sprout is a required pun, I really didn’t have a choice in the matter.

So, How do you get started?

Head on in to the game, and give Jasmine a call. She’ll tell you all about the challenge, and give you your very own Magic PlantSim Stump!

Yes, a stump.
Yes, the bottom part of a tree after it’s been cut down… typically dead.
Yes, it’s not very eco-friendly.
But, it’s Magic!
Yes, a magic stump…

To continue… the Magic PlantSim Stump will hold the Magic Beans, that you get from talking with the PlantSims that wander around during the day. There will be 6 beans to collect (Uncomfortable, Playful, Confident, Angry, Sad, and Flirty), and will require that you get a PlantSim into the corresponding emotion to acquire.

Once placed into the stump, give it a little water, and watch the…

Magic? You’re going to say magic aren’t you?
No. … I was going to say… the tree grow. Yep.
Tree? Uh huh…
Yea, the… Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree.
Riiight

Once the Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree appears…

What about the Mystical Arcane Unknowable Magic Bean Portal Tree?

… *sigh* it will open up a portal…

A magic portal?

… a portal will open once a day, where you can send your Sim, and find the Forbidden Fruit.

It is magically delicious fruit?

Ok, fine! Eat the fruit, you’re a PlantSim for five days! You no longer have to worry about bladder, but you need sunlight and water to survive, and you get a bonus to your gardening.

Woah, woah… woah. Only five days?

Eat another fruit. Let’s just get to the issues…

General Issues

Sims aged up from toddler to adult, will now have an appropriately sounding voice.
Toddler.
I used to write the word ‘toddler’ and this giant censor would appear out of nowhere. Still getting used to it… toddler?
Toddler, toddler, toddler, toddler.
Plum yea!
Just checking if the censor is still there.
We fixed an issue that could occur when re-loading a lot, that would prevent exterior puddles from disappearing. Exterior water puddles will once again disappear over time.
Being that the source of most exterior Sim puddles is from…
Speaking of which… do you change the clothes of your Sim after a bladder fail? Or do you just let them shake it off?

Outdoor Retreat

We addressed a clipping issue that occurs with yfBottom_GP01ShortBucklet when paired with certain shirts.
Is clipping an inside baseball term?
Is inside baseball an inside baseball term?

Vampires

Vampires will no longer attempt to break into community lots, thus preventing you from leaving… the community lot, going home, visiting a friend, returning to take care of your kids, starting your work day, gym-hopping, taking that camping trip, meeting your date for dinner…
Well, essentially travel… you can’t travel.
Now you can… visit your friends, or go h… er travel.
We also addressed an issue that could lock you out of your own home upon returning to your lot, if it has a vampire skulking about.
And yes, skulk is the proper term to use when an individual is hanging out on your home lot hoping to take a bite from your neck.
If they were seeking a little TLC, the proper term would be Creep.
If they sought to break into a maximum security prison where a world leader had mistakenly taken refuge, the proper term would be Snake.

May your PlantSims flourish,

-SimGuruGnome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:14 AM
I can't find these plant sims anywhere
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
I can't find these plant sims anywhere

I can't either. I can't even get Jasmine to spawn in my game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:55 AM
Make sure you guys delete your mods until they're updated, just in case
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harvell
I can't either. I can't even get Jasmine to spawn in my game.

I created two sims a husband and wife for this PlantSim Challenge as soon as I put them in a house and went to their household I got one of the sims to call Jasmine and she showed right up.. I do know you have to be on your sims lot for it to work and Jasmine would walk to the mailbox.. I don't know why but that seems to be where she shows up. Hopefully she will show for your sim soon.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 6:28 AM
OMG I found one plantsim after all day of trying and she would not give my sim a bean because she said she's not in the right emotion to give one now ./
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:34 PM
I was able to get 5 beans. But I cannot make the CAS uncomfortable so I can get the 6th bean. I tried mischief, mean, romance right from the start and I only got flirty and anger. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:42 PM
Does it break any mod? Couldn't find the info. I saw some pictures of Jasmine, though. What happened to her? Was she always like that or did they lost her original CAS model or something?
dodgy builder
#9 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Does it break any mod? Couldn't find the info. I saw some pictures of Jasmine, though. What happened to her? Was she always like that or did they lost her original CAS model or something?

It's better to just take the mods out and update, because it will take time for the information to come. Unless you don't mind to wait. It also pays to be more spesific, like what mods do you have?

Iron Seagull said something about it perhaps only spawn in basegame worlds?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's better to just take the mods out and update, because it will take time for the information to come. Unless you don't mind to wait. It also pays to be more spesific, like what mods do you have?

Iron Seagull said something about it perhaps only spawn in basegame worlds?

I only have the basics, really. Information about broken mods usually starts popping in right after the patch, but it's been silent so far so I'm assuming it doesn't break anything.

It seems that even UI Cheats is working properly and that one is always afected by patches so I guess the new update didn't mess around much with the game.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:22 PM
I've got the most recent versions of UI cheats and MC Command center. All seems to be working well. Took about an hour to collect the seeds...And now I've got this weird and rather ugly tree sitting on one of my favorite lots. I sent a sim in, and it's just a rabbit hole that keeps the sim for rather a long time without any questions or messages. It's like they couldn't be bothered to make a mission out of it.
So, Sim comes back with a "forbidden fruit". I'm not sure if I want to try it- I hope the effect isn't permanent, but I would like to be sure before I waste a perfectly good Sim on it?

By the way, you could make a plant Sim already by feeding a Sim "plant matter" ice cream.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Velouriah : 14th Apr 2017 at 3:22 PM.
oh and the plant sim state does so far appear to be permanent. Your sim will no longer need to use the toilet and eat, but instead needs water and sunlight. There appears to be only one hair style, and you cannot change the appearance (CAS screen shows the unplantified version of the Sim)
So far, I haven't seen any new interactions. It's cute, but kind of half-assed, and I wish I could change this guinea pig Sim back to his original state.

*edit* so this apparently only lasts 5 days.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
Is Jack your favorite name? Ivy? Or Audrey… too?

Lulz. I bet they thought that was real clever XD

I've missed the last like...two updates since I started playing TS3 more. Somebody tell me how these Plantsims are so I know whether or not I wanna stop procrastinating and update my game/mods. From what I hear, they're....about what we've come to expect from TS4

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#14 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Lulz. I bet they thought that was real clever XD

I've missed the last like...two updates since I started playing TS3 more. Somebody tell me how these Plantsims are so I know whether or not I wanna stop procrastinating and update my game/mods. From what I hear, they're....about what we've come to expect from TS4

I'm not going to complain about something extra that was included in the cost of the base game that used to be part of paid extra content in an expansion (unlike toddlers and ghosts). It truly is a freebie in this case. I'd expect plantsims to be more complex if they were released in a game pack or expansion i was thinking about buying, of course. It sounds like they will be a part of the game after the challenge is over as we get to keep collectibles and stumps. It seems that the forbidden fruit effects lasts 5 active sim days. So if you play rotation style, they won't change back when inactive. I thought that was pretty sweet, myself. I've noticed some bugs, not sure yet if they are caused by mods or not. The hairstyle may not be editable, but I think it's for the sake of having somethimg specific they can program wilting into, it's a nice gender neutral hairstyle and I enjoy seeing it change color. I personally see this patch as having good modding potential. To make the most of my plantsims I have been editing my sims to genetically have the green skin and hair as well as pointy ears from the pointy ear mod, so if they reproduce they can have toddlers that look like plantsims. I also have been planting forbidden fruit trees so I have easy access to the transformative ingredient. I noticed people have made portal rooms available to download making it much easier to make a plantsim. My first plantsim has an awesome garden, and neighbors can visit her house and eat her fruit which is cool.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:11 PM
There are legit no sims walking on my streets and parks are not nearly as populated with random sims...uh oh...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:35 PM
@spidergirl79 Are there still sims residing in your town, or have they perhaps been culled? Try going to the manage households bit to check.
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@spidergirl79 Are there still sims residing in your town, or have they perhaps been culled? Try going to the manage households bit to check.

I think I know what it was, a mod that is meant to prevent vampires from generating in all neighborhoods. I took it out and now the townies -ect- are returning to walk by... hopefully I'll see some plant sims soon and hopefully the mod will be updated eventually.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:44 AM
Those plantsims are all over my towns :S And they are regular sims from my neighbourhoods too, which is kind of annoying. Didn't want friends of my sims turning green, but whatever.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:46 AM
I traveled my sim everywhere yesterday looking for plantsims. I spent almost all day and night and only found one, it was one of the hand's family, Danny Hand sister, She would not give me one because she wasn't in the right mood, Today I just let my sim sit at home to see if they would walk by and boy did they one after another. So, I completed the task. My sim turned into a plant sim and it started getting annoying he would run from the house down the street often to find the sun and always drinking water. I left the household and I will not go back until this is over. I will not turn anymore of my sims into a plantsim.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:38 AM
Are the beans in buy debug? I ended up getting some of the DOD skulls there. And last time I checked Jasmine never left my game from the first time she appeared. Every time my sim goes back to the one garden she is there, so far.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:42 AM
Daisylee Yes they're in debug.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:45 AM
Daisylee Yes they're in debug.

YAY! I may end up getting most there! I am willing to cheat when needed and freely admit it. LOL
Scholar
#23 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:18 AM
I've already got 3 beans. Plantsims who will give you beans are the ones who are glowing. Just look for them to be glowing whatever color you need. I've gotten sad, uncomfortable, playful.
Scholar
#24 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:30 AM
ive gotten the angry and uncomfortable ones...
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:44 AM
I traveled my sim everywhere yesterday looking for plantsims. I spent almost all day and night and only found one, it was one of the hand's family, Danny Hand sister, She would not give me one because she wasn't in the right mood, Today I just let my sim sit at home to see if they would walk by and boy did they one after another. So, I completed the task. My sim turned into a plant sim and it started getting annoying he would run from the house down the street often to find the sun and always drinking water. I left the household and I will not go back until this is over. I will not turn anymore of my sims into a plantsim.

How were you able to make the CAS uncomfortable at your house? That is the only one I cannot achieve.
Page 1 of 2