Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 3:37 AM
Default Game 'Glitch'
My game is having a glitch thing where it will open but all the word boxes that say things like 'Log out' for your account and the options thing are all empty. In the options menu all the drop down boxes are empty too. When loading the game at the beginning (when at the bottom it has the little boxes and it changes per expansion pack) is plain white and no little pictures are on the bottom, all there is is the green bar and white words. And when trying to start a game and load the town or load another game it gets halfway through loading then the game crashes. This started happening a few days ago right after my game crashed while in CAS. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:23 AM
You could try clearing your caches and moving everything out of Mods/Packages. I have seen that glitch, but the only times I've seen it, it was due to bad CC. Even if you had no bad packages before, maybe your crash came in the middle of writing a file (e.g. one of the caches), rendering it somehow poisonous.

Also -- you may be able to find something relevant under the Help forums.

It is an obnoxious glitch because it's hard to see how to exit the game safely.
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:48 PM
The CrashLogAnalyzer is very usefull, too.

http://modthesims.info/d/416883
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 10:12 PM
Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 12:40 AM
Does anyone have a fix to the No Disc thingy? It wouldn't even let me play, so I uninstalled everything...should I install again?

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NinjaTessa
Does anyone have a fix to the No Disc thingy? It wouldn't even let me play, so I uninstalled everything...should I install again?

Do you have the disk?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Do you have the disk?

Yes, and I moved everything to a hard drive as well. But would the glitch come back? Because this happened to me before a few months ago, and I uninstalled all my store content along with a few expansions. All the unrendered sims would be horribly disfigured before coming into focus.

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 4:59 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Discussion - Sims 3 Game Problem
    Remember, as the message said that displayed before you posted your thread...

If you're having any problem, issue, error, or glitch with your game, that's a job for MTS's Help section. There's both articles with common issues as well as Q&A support forums where you can ask questions and get specific help.

Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

Try that first - every step, in order, and don't skip anything! Even if it doesn't say your specific problem, try it anyway, as it's a good starting point to rule out the most common causes of game issues.

If you still have trouble, you can post a new thread in the Help Q&A forums. There's a link to the Help Q&A forums at the top of every FAQ in the Help section. If you do post there, make sure to read and follow the directions that will display before you post there!

Good luck, and happy simming! :)

Sorry. Putting the word glitch in quotes still does not make it a Discussion Topic. :)
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: referred to HELP