Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:55 AM
Default Downloading Store for Safe Keeping?
I would like to know if someone is planning to download all their store content and if they have an opinion on what to take care of?

I think I'm going to make a gamefolder just for that and then take care of all files in that game folder. That should keep me safe or what. If I then want to use that content later on I can just copy the files in obscure folders along with the content I want to use or what? Will I run into troubles doing that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:01 AM
I see no reason why you would get in trouble. You paid for it, so if you want to download the files for safe keeping you are entitled to it.
Honestly this is a good idea considering the store will close one day. Probably not for a few years but eventually.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:27 AM
I plan on it. Eventually. I will probably buy a flash drive thingie to put it all on, and then it will be just the matter of not losing that drive.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:37 AM
I'll also start downloading the Store content I bought and backing it up on an external hard drive so it's always there for me when I need it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:03 AM
What I did with TS2 was just to keep my My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder saved. It has all my store stuff in it - can do the same with My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

I stuck it on another hard drive as well as a burned disk backup (shut up, burned disks were still relevant then), and when I decided I wanted to play TS2 again recently, just installed everything, popped that folder in, and I had all my old CC and Store stuff and all that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:29 AM
When the Store announced that the Amore venue was going to be the last new item they put out, I started organizing all my store purchases, getting them ready for a reinstall (sometime in the future) and to save externally. Along with your purchases, you may also want to have a backup of your favorite custom worlds, households, etc...anything from the official site's Exchange.

Saving and backing up can be a slow, agonizing process (depending on how detailed you get) but if anything happens, you will have access to all the Sims 3 stuff that you paid for. If you have items that you don't want to install right away, just have it downloaded and saved somewhere else and you can install it when you want.
Space Pony
#7 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:05 AM
One word folks... MATY.

The place is a troll's den though.
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Oh man bro, I feel SO stupid asking this question, but what is the EASIEST and BEST way to save my store content. I really don't want to lose my store content if I get a new laptop.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Oh man bro, I feel SO stupid asking this question, but what is the EASIEST and BEST way to save my store content. I really don't want to lose my store content if I get a new laptop.

I have a Lacie external storage thing, but I think it's only 500 mb. It may not be enough. It's very simple, mine has an USB, I just plug it in and drag the files over. At the moment I have my latest saves of the big Stranda world I made on it. I don't think it was that expensive either. It's about the size of a mobile, perhaps thicker only.

What is MATY up to now?