Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM
Default all my downloads open only with adobe reader
I accidently changed one file to open with adobe reader now every download is being opened with this reader and I can not use any of my downloads as they all say the archive is either in unknown format or damaged any ideas how to fix this. I tried to open the file with : program with it gives me 2 choices WinRAR or windows media center and neither one is the one I need so what do I open these files with thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM
@[email protected]

i don't know if this will help but for the next thing you download right click it, click open with
a new window should appear, click brows at the bottom right of the window then choose what you want to open the window with.

i hope this helps, i'm using a windows vista so it may be different for your computer/laptop
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 7:27 AM
If you right click an item and go to "Open with" you should click "Choose default program..." (That's what it's called on Windows 7)
Then find the program you want, click "Browse..." to view more programs.
Make sure you check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" so it will be the default program.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 12:09 AM
thanks all I did was delete adobe reader and all my files went back to normal