Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Skin turns invisible & face templates do not show up?
Hello everyone, I have two issues so to save space I combined them. I've searched everywhere and can't find a solution, I was hoping maybe someone could help me out.

1) I have the "Seethem2" application (and inteeminator if that matters) which allows for the censoring to be gone and have quite a few custom skins though I'm not sure which one I used for my sim self. I've never had a problem with invisible skins before until last night which was the first time my sim was naked/woohoo. She was invisible! Just a floating head and hair but the rest of her body was gone! I don't want to clone my sim as I've spent a lot of time story building with my simself and my fiance's sim and would hate to ruin all that work.. but is there any way that I can change her skin tone in game? Without cloning? It's highly off putting to watch her disappear every time any skin is fully shown. Oddly enough, shorts and tank tops let her skin show. It's just when she woohoos or showers.

2) My second issue is I've followed the directions to download non default replacement face templates but yet they never show up in my game. Do the templates automatically get put into the game for randomized sims? I thought you would get to click which one you want.. Is it possible I'm putting them into the wrong area? I've tried everything and can't get any of them from multiple different users to show up.

Thank you everyone for your time and I'm sorry if this seems like an ignorant question.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:02 PM
1. Sounds like you're missing a mesh, that happens when skins are linked to specific body shape meshes.

2. They should go in your normal downloads folder, they should show up after the 26 (27?) face templates that came with the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:15 PM
1. Figures =/ I wonder why her skin is fine unless she's doing one of two things..

2. That's what I thought, but they've yet to show up but they're in my downloads folder just fine ;~;
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:19 PM
Because only the nude mesh is missing. Skintones for custom body types are designed to stop your, for example, bodybuilder sim reverting to the normal skinny body shape when naked, and they do that by explicitly linking the skintone to the nude mesh for the bodybuilder shape. For other clothing categories you might not have a bodybuilder mesh, but you can pick normal clothes instead, so it's not a problem (except in that your bodybuilder sim will be skinny). But as you can't change the sim's nude "outfit", if you don't have a bodybuilder nude mesh, then you'll have problems.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM
Look for skins which are labelled "showerproof". That means they don't disappear when naked.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM
Thank you for the responses you guys! That makes a lot of sense =/ I suppose I'm a noob and haven't learned about meshes properly, just enjoy a skin tone, download and expect it to run smoothly. I'll keep a lookout for those skins in the future, I wish I knew what skin she was using so I knew not to use it again in the future..

I suppose there isn't a way for me to "fix" her skintone to default or something? >~<
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:29 PM
Yes, you can use the sim Sim Surgey option in SinPE. What you do is find a sim in your neighbourhood (any townie is wearing defaults - unless you made them yourself of course) and copy over their skintone. To make it genetic though, you need to go into their simDNA in their character file. Or you can just yank the skintone and she will default to the S2 skintonw (or is it S3 can never remember). Ideally you'd still need to fix the DNA though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc