Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 17th May 2010 at 5:07 PM
I get the burglar often enough but now reading this I realize that my Sims don't wake up from the alarm. Must be a benefit from a game mod I have as I do have several involving beds and sleeping, if so it's a nice one.

I'm not sure I would be unhappy with not being robbed though, besides the possible loss of an item, the furious mode they all go into lasts a long time and is annoying. It seems to last longer than even a divorce!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 17th May 2010 at 5:49 PM
Don't buy everything all at once; upgrade the house by about 5000 simoleons a week. Make sure you have everyone going to bed at or before midnight. Turning all the lights off might help, too. And it also helps if you don't want one. That seems to be how I get the burglars in the houses where I've had one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#28 Old 17th May 2010 at 9:30 PM
I've never been robbed. At first I thought having the alarm would PREVENT the burglars... Also, nice story AlexandraSpears! The car alarm is also a good way to get annoying sims out of your skin for an hour

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th May 2010 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rachelelle
I think they only show up if all the sims in a household are sleeping at 2AM.
My Sims are almost never asleep around then, and I've never been visited by one either.

Good to know. I usually play very large families. Even if I don't play a large family I never get robbed cause no one sleeps at night even if they have jobs. Must be the way I play.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th May 2010 at 9:14 AM
Burglar alarms do not prevent robberies--they just make it so you don't have to haul someone's butt out of bed to call the police. Same with smoke detectors--just does the work of calling emergency for you.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 18th May 2010 at 8:17 PM
Ok this may sound strange but sometime ( Not always ) if your sims have real "cheap items" in their house, that not worth a dime or cost very little, the burglar or robber will not waste their time to come. Why should they? They feel like they can not make much money off it.

I have found that if a sims is somwhat rich or living kind of good with really nice furniture painting, sculpture and other costly items in the home or on the lot like a nice car, the burglar or robber seem to always pay that sims a visit late at night when they are sleep.

Once and a blue moon ( long time ago ) I have had a sim get robbed who was just starting out, the poor sims had very little in his house everything he had was dirt cheap the robber stole his TV. lol I feel that Burglar must have been hard up for money or drug out. hahahaa

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#32 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Once and a blue moon ( long time ago ) I have had a sim get robbed who was just starting out, the poor sims had very little in his house everything he had was dirt cheap the robber stole his TV. lol I feel that Burglar must have been hard up for money or drug out. hahahaa

LOL I've had a similar incident - the burglar came in and nicked the bookcase! And it wasn't an expensive one either - it was the cheapest in the catalogue; that was the only one the sim family in the house could afford at the time.
However, I looked at it as a good thing - being my BACC hood I needed some way of getting a sim into Law Enforcement and that was it My sims don't set the kitchen on fire as a rule, even the terrible cooks!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Page 2 of 2