Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:04 PM
Default Ecological Guru
Whenever my sims reach the top of this career ladder I receive a negative bonus of £32k(I have that much taken off me), is this actually supposed to happen or is this a bug?

Is that money going towards saving the rainforest, or am I being ripped off?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:19 PM
If this is about college and the money you accumulate.

If you are playing university, you loose accumulated grants when you hit adulthood. I generally spend that money and hoard stuff in inventory such as appliances that you can take when you move back to the mainhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:19 PM
No, it's not. It's about having 32k taken off the sims balance sheet upon reaching the top of the natural science career track.

Is this supposed to happen?

If yes, fine.

If no, is anyone else having this issue and have you resolved it?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 6:54 PM
I've had sims reach the top of that career before and that didn't happen to me. Maybe you should download the patch for your game. Or you could add the money back using the cheat.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th May 2010 at 6:35 AM
Default Negative Natural Science Bonus
Yeah, I've noticed this problem too. It only seems to happen when the cash on hand is more than 30k simoleons. If the cash on hand is less, nothing seems to be subtracted. I hope someone has a fix for this. I have the expansion packs with patches and the only stuff pack I have is Mansions.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th May 2010 at 2:31 PM
I've never had this happen to me and I just had a Sim reach this career peak and the family had more than 30k when they did. Did this happen when you got the promotion? Did you not get a bonus with the pay boost? One thing though is they will make that money back quickly in this job.