Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2010 at 8:42 PM
Default Sims are so dumb near the Landgraab house
I'm sure people here played this house at least once in past, did you notice how dumb sims are? When you invite them, they always go and ring the bell at the garage door instead of coming to the real door of the house! And not only guests, but that goes for pizza delivery and so on, they're trying to deliver pizza into the garage. I locked the fence door through which they were coming to the garage, thinking that it should help, and what happened? Sims who were invited went INTO the house, to the back door and OUT of the house, and again came to ring on the garage door!

How did you solve it, is there something that can be done? I don't want to lock the backdoor, there's stuff in the backyard that guests should be able to access.

I tried to connect the garage with the house, so that it wouldn't be a real separate building but instead "a room" of the house. But that didn't work because of foundation troubles: no matter what I did I couldn't connect the foundation-less garage with a house. There was something preventing me from placing new foundation blocks between the house and the garage, and without it walls that were supposed to join them together couldn't be built.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2010 at 9:20 PM
I think the main door is always the door that is built in first. So maybe you could try removing all doors, then placing the real front door first, then the garage door. I have not played this house, but I did have houses where the back door was used as the front door even thou that was not my intention.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2010 at 9:55 PM
I'll try it out. I thought that the door used was the one closest to the road, that's how it worked for me usually, but in this case the garage door is farther from the road.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:37 PM
I don't like Malcolm's house. I typically move him into another one. It's a big house full of nothing...no room if he gets married and has children.

But I've noticed that too.

Right now I have him living in Belladonna Cove, next to his in-laws the DeBateaus.
Scholar
#5 Old 17th May 2010 at 5:41 AM
There's a mod at MATY that stops this behavior called "frontdoorhack", it's in the directory.
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th May 2010 at 6:59 AM
As I recall, it's the foundation...

The garage door is on the ground level, and the front door is on the foundation. Therefore it's on the first floor. It's up a flight of stairs. (3 of them, but that's a flight for game purposes.) So the ground level door must be the entry door, even if you have to go around a barricade, through a long hedge maze, and up one flight of stairs and down another to get to it. (I tried that.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook