Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 1st May 2017 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Fuck Barnacle Bay. Fuck its re-used Sunset Valley assets, its one (barely) original kitchy rabbithole diner, its lazy and simple yet somehow poorly done theme, its uninspired name, its mismatched layout. The one saving grace about that steaming load is that it made every other world look better for simply not being Barnacle Bay.

It's the Katy Perry's Sweet Treats of worlds, only lazier.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Al Simhara would be my least favourite.

Ah, you see, Al Simhara might just be my favourite EA hood. It might just be a caricature of Giza, but it's so wildly different to any other EA hood. I've added several other large temples (one of which is a brothel inside, lol) and yes, a large mosque. I'll never get bored of that place.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:46 AM
Bridgeport. Takes forever to get anywhere.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:20 AM
Midnight Hollow was such a missed opportunity.. I wish they hadn't of made it with such dark lighting because it's actually pretty interesting. I like the sims, and the beautiful Victorian homes. If I'm playing an empty player made world, I'll usually take all the Sims from Midnight Hollow and transfer them to that world.

The WORST for me would be Barnacle Bay. It's just ugly and bland. I never play that world.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 5th May 2017 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 5th May 2017 at 5:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Midnight Hollow was such a missed opportunity.. I wish they hadn't of made it with such dark lighting because it's actually pretty interesting. I like the sims, and the beautiful Victorian homes. If I'm playing an empty player made world, I'll usually take all the Sims from Midnight Hollow and transfer them to that world.

The WORST for me would be Barnacle Bay. It's just ugly and bland. I never play that world.

Using NRAAS packer porter* with the "all" option? Why didn't I think of that! DOH!! Thanks!

Edit: * there is an NRAAS Packer, but I should have said "Porter". I just packed Midnight Hollow's population using Porter. I went to go do this and it dawned on my I mislead people with this post.

Well, there's my "Doh!" for the day. I'm safe now to carry on with real things.
Alchemist
#31 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:33 AM
For me it would be University, it's just so...gray. Everything from the water to the grass to the buildings is...grayish. The parks aren't properly done, or at least almost any non-rabbithole community lot I've been to is just plants with maybe a bonfire or picnic table. Not even any basic paths or attraction points like a small pond or flowers.

A close second would be Midnight Hollow from the looks of it, because I've only ever loaded it up once and could barely make out anything in broad daylight. I'll eventually get a lighting mod and make some terrain edits, because I'd like to get back to it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:10 AM
Isla Paradiso because it's utterly unplayable. In most worlds I get to put 2 - 3 hours in before they become unplayable but Isla Paradiso doesn't last 5 minutes.

Also Lunar Lakes because it's unimmersive and lazy.
Scholar
#33 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:30 PM
I really dislike Twinbook. It's probably not the worse on the list but I've actually tried playing it it and it looks and seems really somber.... It may just be how i imagine things. My favorite sims tree is the Aspen so the darker green colored trees, plants, and grass really put me off. A whole world like it is a huge no no.
Scholar
#34 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:03 PM
I think I have begun to not like Moonlight Falls. From the Sims I've seen in there, none of them come across as really interesting in terms of design or personality; the houses aren't that great and, somehow, the whole design is... I don't know, it just comes across as really, really boring.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:09 PM
My least favorite worlds for multi-generational legacies are the EA worlds which usually come pre-populated and often have issues very quckly in the save.They work well as is for shorter stories though.I don't mind using emptied out save files of EA's worlds for legacies too much if I really want a legacy in that world.I prefer to start the multi-generational legacies in empty custom worlds and slowly build up the population as the town moves onto new generations.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I think I have begun to not like Moonlight Falls. From the Sims I've seen in there, none of them come across as really interesting in terms of design or personality; the houses aren't that great and, somehow, the whole design is... I don't know, it just comes across as really, really boring.

Yeah... I've changed it. I have the Dursleys + Harry Potter, the red head family who's name escapes me have become the Weasleys, added the Malfoys, Blacks etc.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:08 PM
University. I don't like the world itself and I don't like the pre-made Sims. It pretty much means that any Sim I send to college will have the same peers.
Scholar
#38 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
University. I don't like the world itself and I don't like the pre-made Sims. It pretty much means that any Sim I send to college will have the same peers.

Isn't university also sort of broken without mods as well? I played in it once and all my roommates pretty much died within a couple of days because they just wouldnt take care of themselves..... kind of like some irl college students I guess....

now I'm sad.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:12 AM
I started a legacy family in Appleplosa or whatever, before remembering how much I disliked it, was too late but oh well, its annoying to put any large lots in it without having to destroy houses, and even then like the film career building isnt good anywhere due to the entrance always on a slope.
Also my computer hates Isla Paradiso so wont play that one.

I like Moonlight Falls really along with Bridgeport and Twinbrook, only just got Monte Vista and Dragon Valley but dont have a opinion on it.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th May 2017 at 10:18 PM
Isla Paradiso-- it has a lot of routing issues and it's too small.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 12th May 2017 at 11:42 PM
Midnight Hollow. I have a lighting mod so I could see what was going on, but the inside of the houses are so small my Ghost Hunter didn't have room to use her banisher most of the time. Also the houses that are empty are way too expensive for Sims to buy so almost all the houses are overcrowded because of lack of affordable houses to move out to get some breathing room.

Isla Paradiso. The routing sucks. It takes Sims hours to get from one place to another because the water taxis.
Page 2 of 2