Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Holiday Mini Pack
Any idea where the files for the Holiday Mini Pack are saved? I've heard the installation was treated like a patch. If so, what files did it change?

This was a download-only item from EA and I'm not seeing any way to re-download it. Still have my Holiday Party Pack CD, though.

(For those reading this thread who have no idea what I'm referring to, the Holiday Party Pack was a pre- Stuff Pack that was released early on. Later, when Happy Holiday Stuff came out, EA released a Mini Pack on their site, so those who had the Holiday Party Pack did not have to buy Happy Holiday Stuff; between the Party Pack and the Mini Pack, gamers had all of the items that were included in Happy Holiday Stuff.)

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:10 PM
It edited the installation files for the basegame, but I don't know which ones specifically. You should be able to work it out by looking at the modified dates on those files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 2:56 AM
Thanks for that info. I went into my main Sims 2 folder and found October 9, 2006 to be the Modified date for the affected files. Anything from the Base Game installation was last modified in 2004, so it was easy to spot the ones changed by the Mini Pack.

Here's the list for anyone's reference --

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin
TS2UPD.exe
TS2UPD0.exe

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
H05.bundle.package
H06.bundle.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins
Skins.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Text
Credits.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies
ealogo_audio.movie
-- This file with the same name and modified date is also located in many of the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Locale\<language>\Movies folders.

Possible optional file:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2
filelist.txt
-- Makes reference to TS2UPD.exe, TS2UPD0.exe, H05.bundle.package and H06.bundle.package files.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!