Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:32 AM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 5th Dec 2017 at 7:50 AM. Reason: Title Update
Default A mod to make only certain Sims psychic? Plus other questions.
I was wondering if something like this may exist, I always found it kind of dumb that ALL and EVERY Sim can see a ghost Sim without them showing them self or something and in reality being able to see "ghosts" so to say in real life is a rare gift only some have, I feel it is kind of dumb that ALL sims can see spirits in the game, it would make sense for Witches and Vampire Sims to be able to see them, but every average joe or jane? It is kind of ridiculous. I know my chances for this type of mod to exist is probably pretty slim but I figured I would ask anyways, because if someone knows of a mod like this or if someone likes taking requests to make mods, then that would be nice also I was wondering, is there an assist program to make mods that don't require coding? I do like to make mods for other games I play, but because I have zero coding skills and would need a collage lesson to learn coding, I typically use assistive mod creation programs to make mod's (MCreator for Minecraft, Skyrim Creation Kit for Skyrim, ect.)

Thank you and I will appreciate any advice regarding find a mod like this and or a program to make my own mods.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
also I was wondering, is there an assist program to make mods that don't require coding? I do like to make mods for other games I play, but because I have zero coding skills and would need a collage lesson to learn coding, I typically use assistive mod creation programs to make mod's (MCreator for Minecraft, Skyrim Creation Kit for Skyrim, ect.)

In TS3 making mods depends on the type of mod you want to make. XML and tuning mods only require editing the value of some variables, maybe adding some bits here and there if you understand what the code does and what it can do. For more complex tasks, such as creating interactions, for example, scripting knowledge is required. Even then it's not terribly difficult if you understand the code and its limitations. Sorry to say, but I haven't encountered any mod that does what you want, nor do I know if that's even possible. Maybe posting in Modding Discussion will yield better results?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
In TS3 making mods depends on the type of mod you want to make. XML and tuning mods only require editing the value of some variables, maybe adding some bits here and there if you understand what the code does and what it can do. For more complex tasks, such as creating interactions, for example, scripting knowledge is required. Even then it's not terribly difficult if you understand the code and its limitations. Sorry to say, but I haven't encountered any mod that does what you want, nor do I know if that's even possible. Maybe posting in Modding Discussion will yield better results?

It probably is not possible since I do have a degree of knowledge in modding even though I may not know how to code, I have my doubts that it is possible seeing as how Sims 3 works as a game in general, but I asked anyways because you never know. Thank for the advice on modding, I may take a deeper look into modding Sims 3 eventually, it was appreciated!