Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 11:20 PM
Help needed quick!
Hi, whenever i make a car when i test it in the game it is not interactable! I cant click on it, the thumbnail of it in buy mode is invisible, and you need to place it somewhere before you can see it! Please help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:33 AM
Is it a cloned object or a custom mesh?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:58 PM
i cloned a nightlife working car, and i made a new mesh for it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:10 PM
A few questions:

Which original car did you use for cloning?
How did you import your model in Simpe, as an object or as a GMDC?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:31 PM
i cloned the sedan, and i did the gmdc, because the car needs joints.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:10 PM
Okay, the sedan works fine (there are some problems cloning the supersportscar). Did you assign the vertices of your new model to these joints? Did you name the groups of your model like the names of the original sedan, f.e. "vehiclesedannew_matte"?
If you did all this there should be something wrong in the package in Simpe. I can have a look at it when you send me the package.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:14 PM
ok, i will send the package, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 4:18 PM
Here is the car, and recolors if needed, thanks so much!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MirageS2.zip (368.2 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 5:58 PM
hi, i was messing around with the joints, and then i tested it in the game! I could interact with it, but i still need your help. The mesh is exploded and all over the place, it is because of the joints, but i am not good with the joints because i dont know how to and which joint is which! can you do it for me?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 7:40 PM
The problem seems to be the joints. So there's no need for me to have a look at your package. I believe the best way to learn about this is trying out yourself. You should have a look at the joints from the original car like described in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96995. There is also a short explanation about how to assign the vertices to a joint.