Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:50 PM
Default Rig Fix instructions
I hope this is the right place to ask: I just discovered that I have some Store objects that are not rig fixed, i.e. I just had my cat vanish from a bathtub into hammerspace. Now the links to the instructions on how to do this manually from this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/458264 seem to be dead and I'd like to know whether there any other instructions anywhere around.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Arsil : 24th Nov 2014 at 1:26 PM.
I tried with wayback machine (web.archive.org) but with no luck.
All I found is related to the rigfix of TSRW.
I found something in my own language but it was very generic.

Maybe I'm doing a naive question, but does it need instructions?
It's a command line tool (EDIT: with no options), it's not like you
can do much about it. Just make a backup of the files you want
to fix because there's the risk of damaging them.
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 24th Nov 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Bathtubs and beds cannot be fixed with the tool, one must do this manually in S3PE, but while the tool is still available the thread with the instructions for how to fix manually at granthes' forum are gone.
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:02 PM
Any chance this is what you are looking for or at least can help you?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._for_Patch_1.26

Remember that now with S3PE you can also right click on the VPXY to edit it,
choose that or "Grid", the one you are more comfortable with.
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:32 PM
Now I feel incredibly stupid. Yes, this is what I was looking for. Why didn't google or any other search find this for me but only the defunct threads? So, thank you again for your invaluable help. And no thanks, of course, to EA who has never bothered to update their own shit. Because in the meantime I found out that ALL store bathtubs that I have are broken

Edit: Ok, I am encountering a small obstacle now: The instructions say to use the values from the orginal EA object the CC object was cloned from and for this use the InstanceName to find the original with S3OC. Well, in the case of Store objects the InstanceName is the Store object's. But as these take their OBJK from base game items I guess I can use the base item's values of the same OBJK instead, right?
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:24 PM
I guess so. Yes, using an object with the same OBJK script name seems a good idea.
As double-check, compare the shape of the two objects to see if they can be "slot-wise
compatibles": see if they can have the same number of slots/spots. For example, there
are hot tubs with 6 slots/spots and others with only 4 (not sure if they use a different
script), so copying the rig of the wrong one would mess your object (it's just an example,
I know you are interested in bed and bathtubs).

Before deleting the "old" rig, check if that had some peculiar values (maybe some
objects have an extravagant shape and use particular rigs).

And make a backup before you try to fix a package.
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 25th Nov 2014 at 9:40 AM.
Yeah, well, failure so far, i.e. it didn't work and Test Cat still teleports off the map
So simply replacing the Instance number of the Store object's _RIG with the one this object seems to have been cloned from is not enough. I noticed, however, that the original Instance value appears in two other resources under TGI Blocks, namely in RSLT and FTPT. Don't know whether this means anything.
I also checked the other base game bathtubs and none seem to share the _RIG resource with the Store object.

Edit: So, yes, it seems that I need to edit the RSLT resource as well, because in the meantime I have found a tutorial on fixing beds: http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=4484. Now the "only" thing left is to find out how to do the same with bathtubs. Ironically enough my Store beds seem to be fine, while the tubs are not.
It also occurred to me that it may have been because I've converted them all to packages and that they might not draw any fixes from the Store Content patches and so reinstalled the original sims3pack again. But, no surprise there, the Content patches did not fix the bathtub I'm using as the test instance. Okay, skip that. I messed up my folders and had left my edited package in, which did overwrite the store patch. So, there are RSLT fixes for bathtubs in there. I guess I will now only have to find the right ones in the patch package and import it into my converted file.

Edit: So for what it's worth, or posterity or whatever, RIG fixing a bathtub requires a new entry in RSLT/ChunkEntries/[0]ChunkEntries/RCOLBlock/Containers.
Add:
[2] Containers
SlotName 0xA820F8A4
BoneName 0x8688E475
SlotPlacementFlags 0x00080008
X -1;0;0;-0.002
Y 0;1;0;0
Z 0;0;-1;0.413

However, the data in the StorePatch also suggests that these tubs have been upgraded with a new entry in OBJD entry (ObjectTypeFlags2). I didn't notice any immediate difference when testing with and without that additional Flag, but yeah, well, maybe it is necessary.

Final Edit: OK, I give up in this respect and will reinstall those tubs as sims3packs, because deleting the _RIG, editing the VPXY with _RIG information from another tub and adding in another Container might fix the pet teleport but it messes up everything else, like the water coming from the tab etc. and would probably require editing the faulty _RIG, too, instead of simply deleting it. So, apparently, every bathtub in the game does have its own unique RIG and there's no easy way to update them for Pets. Funny that hardly anyone has mentioned this problem with converted Store stuff and makes me wonder what other surprises are still lurking in the shadows.