Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1426 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
New Blender issue--I get this error when trying to open the adult_baby blend:

From reading over it, it appears that the problem is that the game can't find/read the blend files? And I can't redownload them--I tried a day ago, only to find that the site was out of bandwidth.

Help?
When you look into your rigs folder you should see a folder within it that is named multi-rigs. In Blender, when you are navigating to the adult_baby blend you should be navigating to this folder within your rigs folder. If it is not there you will get an error. To insure that it is there you can open the zip you have and manually extract just that one into your rigs folder.

Alternatively you can use the tutorial I wrote showing how to use multiple rigs of your choice. This is posted at A's blog here:

http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/...ultiplerigpose/

If this doesn't help please post again

The bandwidth problem will be dealt with shortly and this will take care of ClipTool, rigs, and updated SuperCaw so they are available with no issues.
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#1427 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 4:25 AM
After inserting the blend files into the multi-rig folder, the adult female head loaded, but not her body, and not the baby.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1428 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:55 AM
After inserting the blend files into the multi-rig folder, the adult female head loaded, but not her body, and not the baby.
What you need to do is extract the entire multi-rig folder from the zip and put that into your rigs folder...from your description this isn't what you've done.

Again, if you're unable to manage to get this to work, the tutorial I wrote on creating a pose with multiple rigs will allow you to bring both of these rigs into Blender and create your pose. It is here:

http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/...ultiplerigpose/

Please post again if you continue to have a problem.
retired moderator
#1429 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 11:56 AM
I re-extracted, same result. Only the adult female head is loading.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1430 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:07 PM
I re-extracted, same result. Only the adult female head is loading.
I am unable to duplicate the problem you are having.

What version of Blender are you using? What version of the rigs and .blends do you have? You should have a main rigs folder which contains all the sim rigs and a folder named multi rigs. The .blend files should be located inside this multi-rigs folder that is within your rigs folder. Is this how you have things set up?

Have you tried bringing the adult rig into Blender and then appending the baby rig as shown in the tutorial I've linked above? If so, when you open the adult rig in Blender is it arriving with its body showing? If you have not tried this yet please open just the adult rig in Blender to verify that it shows up correctly and is not corrupted somehow.
retired moderator
#1431 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:22 PM
To answer in order:

1) I was previously using Blender 2.63. I just downloaded Blender 2.68. Same errors.

2) I'm not entirely sure which version of the rigs/blends that I have. With the exception of the baby rig from August 2013, the ones I'm using were created in May and July of 2012, if that helps to identify them.

3) My set-up is that I have a Blender Rig folder, with all of my rigs in it, and the multi-rig folder, which appeared when I downloaded the baby's rig. If I leave the files outside of the multi-rig folder, they all load (with the exception of the adult-baby blend). If I place the .blend files inside of the multi-rig folder, the files will either throw errors, or only load the skeletons without the actual rigs. The single rigs (adult female, adult male, child, toddler) all still work fine.

I'll try appending the baby rig, and let you know if that works.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1432 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:49 PM
To answer in order:

1) I was previously using Blender 2.63. I just downloaded Blender 2.68. Same errors.

2) I'm not entirely sure which version of the rigs/blends that I have. With the exception of the baby rig from August 2013, the ones I'm using were created in May and July of 2012, if that helps to identify them.

3) My set-up is that I have a Blender Rig folder, with all of my rigs in it, and the multi-rig folder, which appeared when I downloaded the baby's rig. If I leave the files outside of the multi-rig folder, they all load (with the exception of the adult-baby blend). If I place the .blend files inside of the multi-rig folder, the files will either throw errors, or only load the skeletons without the actual rigs. The single rigs (adult female, adult male, child, toddler) all still work fine.

I'll try appending the baby rig, and let you know if that works.
If you are using an afRig that is that old it is not the one functions with the a2b_soc.blend. This is probably what is causing your difficulty.

If you downloaded Blender 2.68 you have the wrong version of Blender as the current version of the ClipTool requires Blender 2.67b.

All versions of the ClipTool require specific versions of Blender in order to work correctly. As new versions of Blender come out various changes in it necessitate an update to the ClipTool. These updates will not always be compatible with older versions of Blender and new versions of Blender will not always be compatible with older versions of the ClipTool.

What I suggest to you is that you go to A's blog and get the latest version of the ClipTool and the newest set of rigs. This set will include the correct afRig that you need. The link provided there will work. You should also utilize the link he has provided so that you get the correct version of Blender as well.
retired moderator
#1433 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 10:23 PM
That worked. Thank you!
Test Subject
#1434 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 6:57 PM
Hello everyone, I'm having some problems with my MilkShape. I've googled, asked for help on my simblr and browsed this thread a bit, but I can't find a solution.

I've created 12 poses for a pose pack, and done the same thing as usual to all of them. I've made 4 pose packs before, so I don't know why it's not working this time.
They all look right, are import- and exportable, work perfectly etc in MilkShape, but when I went in-game to take screenshots of them and whatnot, none of them work.
Some are flipped (the entire sim/the root) 90 degrees, some 180 degrees (sims appear in the pose upside-down beneath ground surface), some appear in the "base" milkshape pose/the dummy pose with arms out on the sides yaknow, and some simply make my sims casually stand still, but frozen (breathing and looking around animations aren't there).

And when I tried using some of them again, they have a different problem than the first time I used that pose (for example, pose #4 was a dummy pose the first time I used it, and flipped 90 degrees the next time I used it).

I've restarted my game, didn't help. I've imported them into Milkshape to check that they should work, and everything looks normal. It's only in the game they're acting up, ugh.

In milkshape, as I created the poses, I used 1-4 different .obj imports (furniture, to be specific: 1 shower, 1 hanging towel wall deco, 1 sink, 1 wall mirror) that I converted myself in TSRW, but I remembered to delete them before setting the keyframe and exporting my SMD and everything, so I don't think I did anything wrong, but I don't know.

I used the program PosePackCreator to get them all into a single .package file, but I used that for all my previous pose packs too, and they all work fine.

I really have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. If you ask for it, I could post screenshots of the poses in-game being all wonky, if that helps. Grateful for any help.. ♥
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1435 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boomshakalaka
Hello everyone, I'm having some problems with my MilkShape. I've googled, asked for help on my simblr and browsed this thread a bit, but I can't find a solution.

I've created 12 poses for a pose pack, and done the same thing as usual to all of them. I've made 4 pose packs before, so I don't know why it's not working this time.
They all look right, are import- and exportable, work perfectly etc in MilkShape, but when I went in-game to take screenshots of them and whatnot, none of them work.
Some are flipped (the entire sim/the root) 90 degrees, some 180 degrees (sims appear in the pose upside-down beneath ground surface), some appear in the "base" milkshape pose/the dummy pose with arms out on the sides yaknow, and some simply make my sims casually stand still, but frozen (breathing and looking around animations aren't there).

And when I tried using some of them again, they have a different problem than the first time I used that pose (for example, pose #4 was a dummy pose the first time I used it, and flipped 90 degrees the next time I used it).

I've restarted my game, didn't help. I've imported them into Milkshape to check that they should work, and everything looks normal. It's only in the game they're acting up, ugh.

In milkshape, as I created the poses, I used 1-4 different .obj imports (furniture, to be specific: 1 shower, 1 hanging towel wall deco, 1 sink, 1 wall mirror) that I converted myself in TSRW, but I remembered to delete them before setting the keyframe and exporting my SMD and everything, so I don't think I did anything wrong, but I don't know.

I used the program PosePackCreator to get them all into a single .package file, but I used that for all my previous pose packs too, and they all work fine.

I really have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. If you ask for it, I could post screenshots of the poses in-game being all wonky, if that helps. Grateful for any help.. ¢¾
Flipping like what you're describing can come from using the b_ROOT joint to move the whole rig instead of using the b_ROOT_bind joint to move it. Flipping can also result if you are using an EA Clip that has IK chains and you did not remove the IK chains prior to packaging up the pose.

Did you use the Clip recommended by this tutorial for your poses or did you select some other EA Clip to start with? Did you move the rig using the b_ROOT joint?

A pose that stands in what you've called the dummy pose (aka bind pose) is most likely the result of a failure to set the keyframe before exporting the pose from Milkshape. Another issue that can cause this is a failure to actually overwrite EA's Clip or to package the Clip that was overwritten.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say frozen and, from how you're describing it, it sounds like a picture isn't going to really help me see it right. Would you mind just posting this set of poses so I can try them in my game?
Test Subject
#1436 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Flipping like what you're describing can come from using the b_ROOT joint to move the whole rig instead of using the b_ROOT_bind joint to move it. Flipping can also result if you are using an EA Clip that has IK chains and you did not remove the IK chains prior to packaging up the pose.

Did you use the Clip recommended by this tutorial for your poses or did you select some other EA Clip to start with? Did you move the rig using the b_ROOT joint?

A pose that stands in what you've called the dummy pose (aka bind pose) is most likely the result of a failure to set the keyframe before exporting the pose from Milkshape. Another issue that can cause this is a failure to actually overwrite EA's Clip or to package the Clip that was overwritten.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say frozen and, from how you're describing it, it sounds like a picture isn't going to really help me see it right. Would you mind just posting this set of poses so I can try them in my game?

To be honest, I have no idea what IK chains are, I've never come across that expression before. And as far as Clips go (not an expert on this topic either, so this might be completely irrelevant but oh well), I've used AnimTool to convert SMD to clips/clips to SMD on every pose. I think I've used an EA Clip... Yes, it must've been from EA, because I've gone into S3PE and used the FullBuild0 > a_xevt_702 file.
However, I've used the same file and the same programs on all my other pose packs, and they work just fine.

I've moved the b_ROOT as well as the b_ROOT_bind, and I see now how that could be a problem. But I've moved the b_ROOT on the last poses I made too, and I never had any problems with them, for some reason. I'll make sure not to do that in the future though, since, yeah... Is there any way to reset the b_ROOT in MilkShape?

Here's (unfortunately a mediafire) link to the exact .package file I used in my game:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y92nd9ukeh5hlge

Thank you so much for helping. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1437 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boomshakalaka
To be honest, I have no idea what IK chains are, I've never come across that expression before. And as far as Clips go (not an expert on this topic either, so this might be completely irrelevant but oh well), I've used AnimTool to convert SMD to clips/clips to SMD on every pose. I think I've used an EA Clip... Yes, it must've been from EA, because I've gone into S3PE and used the FullBuild0 > a_xevt_702 file.
However, I've used the same file and the same programs on all my other pose packs, and they work just fine.

I've moved the b_ROOT as well as the b_ROOT_bind, and I see now how that could be a problem. But I've moved the b_ROOT on the last poses I made too, and I never had any problems with them, for some reason. I'll make sure not to do that in the future though, since, yeah... Is there any way to reset the b_ROOT in MilkShape?

Here's (unfortunately a mediafire) link to the exact .package file I used in my game:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y92nd9ukeh5hlge

Thank you so much for helping. :D
I looked at all of the poses in your pose pack. Several of them are only 324 B in size and when I look at them in Blender after exporting them from your .package each is showing the bind pose (the original a_xevt_702 pose is in the bind pose). The most likely reasons for this problem are: 1. you didn't set a keyframe on the pose prior to exporting the .smd out of Milkshape, or 2. you didn't overwrite the original Clip that you exported out of fullbuild prior to putting it in your .package.

If you are able to see the correct pose when you import your original .smd back into Milkshape then what probably happened is that you didn't convert the .smd to a Clip and use that to overwrite the original one. If that's the case the easy fix is to just go ahead and do that. You will have to re-do your .package but you won't have lost the work you put in making the pose. The poses in your .package that are like this are the ones whose names end in D1, D4, D8, D9, and A642.

The others all show that the b_ROOT has been used to move or rotate the rig. I have also successfully used this joint but it is not reliable to use because sometimes it will cause rotation of the pose in-game just as you describe. I haven't been able to identify any particular pattern that explains why sometimes it works and other times does not. The safest way to move/rotate the whole rig is to use b_ROOT_bind.

I don't have Milkshape available to me at the moment to test a fix so the best thing I can tell you to do at this point is re-do those poses. They are the ones whose names end with: D0, D2, D3, D5, D6, and D7. I wish I had a better answer for you as these poses all look very nice.

Also, you have two poses with the same name in this .package so one of those should be removed. The duplicates have a name ending in D8. I hope this helps but if not post again
Test Subject
#1438 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM
Default Puppy Pose?
Hi there.

I want to make a toddler and puppy posepack, but for some reason the puppy keeps on ending up like this>>>

The toddler pose works fine.
I have tried changing the name of the puppy pose ex. (cl_pose01),(c_pose01) and (l_pose01)...

Can you help me please?(I use blender)

This is what the pose has to look like>>>

Alchemist
Original Poster
#1439 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EileenJ
Hi there.

I want to make a toddler and puppy posepack, but for some reason the puppy keeps on ending up like this>>>

The toddler pose works fine.
I have tried changing the name of the puppy pose ex. (cl_pose01),(c_pose01) and (l_pose01)...

Can you help me please?(I use blender)

This is what the pose has to look like>>>

If you have questions about posing in Blender please post them at the blog where you downloaded the ClipTool...this thread is for MS users. All my tutorials for making a pose using Blender are there and I'm happy to answer any questions regarding those tutorials there.
Test Subject
#1440 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
If you have questions about posing in Blender please post them at the blog where you downloaded the ClipTool...this thread is for MS users. All my tutorials for making a pose using Blender are there and I'm happy to answer any questions regarding those tutorials there.

Oops didn't know, I'll try the blog. Thank you
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1441 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EileenJ
Oops didn't know, I'll try the blog. Thank you
No worries...I answered you there
Test Subject
#1442 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 12:45 AM
Can you make poses on a mac???
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1443 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynerjean
Can you make poses on a mac???
Sorry for the late reply...real life has kept me away from Simland for awhile.

You can make poses on a Mac if you're able to use Blender. A's ClipTool addons and rigs will work on Blender when it is run on a Mac. You can package your pose using S3PE run through Mono (I used version 3.2.6 to test with). If you do this though you will need to obtain an old version of S3PE because changes made to it in late 2010 caused it to require a Windows .dll in order to function*. The version I successfully packaged a pose with for this test was s3pe_10_1202_1426. I downloaded it from the old versions folder at SourceForge here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sim...e/10-1202-1426/

* - thanks A for remembering when this change occurred
Lab Assistant
#1444 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 12:41 AM
Half the links aren't working for me...

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
Page 58 of 58