Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:11 AM
Well I guess I have to go add cribs to all of my houses in my neighborhood in order for AM's story progression to work. (I hope they're not just blowing smoke up my ***!) I will be a little ticked off if they aren't serious and I spent the time doing it! lol.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:07 PM
Ive started this challenge, I created a sim called Jim Banks whos a loner,unflirty,brave,genius and charismatic and I decided to make it hard for myself and I choose have a perfect aquaruim and I moved him in to the biggest lot leaving him with 300 simoleans left and hes painting and selling fish to build up his home
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:57 PM
Good luck geekrockergal! It's not too hard. I found that if I kept the fish in my sim's inventory until I had all 13 perfect fish, then I didn't have to worry about feeding them or them dying from not being fed. It goes a lot quicker like that!
Test Subject
#79 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:50 PM
Thanks for the tip whochica5
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:32 PM
A lot happened over the weekend in my game. Cash's (heir 2nd gen.) wife, Becky, died of old age. She did not complete her LTW in time .

Cash retired, Dakota (heir 3rd gen.) completed her LTW to become an Illustrious Author. Dakota had an illegitimate child with some hot new single guy in town (don't remember his name). She named her new baby Dani. She (Dani) is now a child. Dakota finally found the love of her life and married him! His name is Jerald.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1250449690
Jerald and Dakota had a baby girl named Traci.

Dakota decided to adopt a child because she had completed her LTW and had the time on her hands to raise another child. She adopted Will. Will is older than the other two kids.

Jerald's LTW is to become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder.

Score so far:
+100 Clair's LTW (Heartbreaker)
+100 Cash's LTW (Become an Astronaut)
+100 Dakota's LTW (Illustrious Author)
+100 Calley's LTW (Master of the Arts)
+100 Elli's LTW (Presenting the Perfect Aquarium)
-------
=500
- 50 Becky's failed attempt LTW
-------
=450
+50 net worth $250,000
-------
=500
+2 (Cash maxing Logic and Fishing skills)
+3 (Clair maxing Logic, Fishing, and Guitar skills)
+1 (Becky maxing Athletic skills)
-------
=506
+7 (Cash, Calley, Dakota, Elli, Fayda, Dani and Traci all born in game)
-------
=513
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:49 PM
Seems like you are having a lot of fun playing this. I have the fun again with my new LTW Legacy family.
Ariel Disney my dear founder, has the LTW to have a perfect garden she is a stay at home mom and spent the most of her time in the garden and with her children.
She married Louis an magican, who where over 21 days elder than her self. He has the lifetime wish of being a heartbreaker so they werent married very long. He also got a job in the music carreer so the family can get some money.
Togehter they had 3 children. Belle the eldest who is a child now, Bambi a little toddler girl and Baloo just born today.

So points i got now should be:
+15 (Belle, Bambi, Baloo born)

Pics comming soon
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 3:39 PM
I think I've just lost my 4 generation legacy family. All the sims in the game have turned invisible.
I've tried the back save, deleting cache files, removing mods, re-installing and move the family to riverview (they stayed invisible but eveyone else was fine.)
I can't think of any way to get them back.

Current Score is 1388
Attached files:
File Type: txt  legacy.txt (4.8 KB, 28 downloads)
Description: Summary of Legacy Score
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 5:57 AM
ohh - thats not fun - i lost my last family to - and you got so far in this - hope you find a way to get them back
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 3:12 AM
Sorry to hear about everyone losing their families. I didn't lose mine, I just got a new computer and even though I transfered my old game, it just wasn't the same.... I wanted a fresh start. So I created Sierra Lewis.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1252030136
She has the traits technophobe, angler, charismatic, flirty, and easily impressed. Her LTW is to be super popular. She is halfway to an adult and just now found her a boyfriend! He was really hard to reel in (even for this angler)! His name is Hal Breckenridge. Sierra searched the town up and down and the first time she laid her eyes on him, she KNEW she had to have him! He, of course, has commitment issues. Well she wound up getting him to get her pregnent. She figured she'd get him one way or another. He started coming around a lot and each time he did, she asked him to go steady until he finally said yes.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1252028922

She definitely wants to marry him, but she first wants to see what their first child looks like... She's a bit shallow, but want's a good gene pool to start off her legacy. She has only made a couple of best friends so far and only has a stove, fridge, and a bed that sets on the lawn. She is working part time at the grocery store and collects things, but only has $900 to her name. She's too busy messing around with Hal to worry about money...
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:21 AM
Well Sierra got busy with Hal and hurried up and married him. Hal has the Heartbreaker LTW. He will not be fulfilling that LTW. Sierra would have him neutered! Instead, they have just been making lots of babies and he has spent his time climbing to the top of the Law-enforcement special agent career track. He is at level 7 right now and brings home quite a bit of money. Sierra keeps giving birth and gardens all day when she is not socializing and working on building her charisma skill. She just made her 20th friend today and fulfilled her LTW! Sierra also maxed out her gardening skill.

They gave birth to their first son (and Heir) Ivor. Ivor, so far, has a good sense of humor, loves the outdoors, is clumsy, and is hydrophobic. He is a teenager right now and is kind of a bookworm, even though that is not one of his traits.

Sierra also gave birth to Evan. Evan is right now a toddler and is a few hours away from becoming a child. He is Clumsy and a slob.

Next came the twins, Rory and Riley Jo. They both just had their first birthdays and have become toddlers. Rory is easily impressed and excitable. Riley Jo is a couch potato and clumsy. This is just about too much for the family too handle, but they are all helping out in any way they can!
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1252375932
Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:47 AM
I haven't given up on this--I've just been crazy busy and...stuff. I can't remember what generation I'm on, actually. o.o I'll have to count. I'm not doing points anymore (or playing by the exact rules) but I'm still tallying the LTWs.

I need to get back into posting here.
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 4:54 PM
oh i think i'll join in on this, i've always wanted to do a legacy challenge. i'll post some pictures up when i get the chance.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:36 PM
I'm going to start a Legacy and use this as the framework. Might be fun! :D
Test Subject
#89 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:56 PM
I'm doing this and it's been pretty fun thus far. I did, however, stick a few other challenges in there, too. I'm on the second generation now and it's going fairly well. I just had a question can you complete more than one unique LTW per generation, or just one unique per generation? Oh yeah, the progress for this legacy is in my signature. It's a facebook page and seems to be a pretty sweet way of keeping track of everything without constantly updating here. If the house I want to build turns out like it should, I'll put it up here for d/l I think.
Test Subject
#90 Old 14th May 2010 at 10:15 AM
I apologize if I am necroposting, I read the warning that this thread hasn't had a reply in six months, so again, I'm sorry if I violated any rules by necroposting.

Anyways, I :lovestruc this legacy idea! The thing that got me into The Sims was the Lifetime Wants/Wishes thing and this is a cool way to try for all the LTWs!

I am doing a non-scored version of this called Rosalina's Wish. (It's on Powerpoint and I will upload the parts on AuthorSTREAM.) Anyways, my founder was put in Riverview, and he married Lorraqine Cantina and she was going to fulfill the Leader of the Free World Lifetime Wish... and then I found out she was five days to elder.

So I had to make her retire when she was Governor. I tried, I really tried to get her LTW, but she was 89 days old and close to death anyways, and without life fruits, she would never get it since she had the weekend and Tuesday off.

So I lost 20 points thanks to Maxis being a ****head and making my founder's wife OLD. I should have had him marry his boss Roxie Lin! (He's in the Music career and managed to top it, getting to Hit Movie Composer. I did an autograph signing at the bookstore, but it's not as profitable as his job. He's already gotten four raises thanks to good job performance.

Anyways, Generation 2 has Professional Author, Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers, Renaissance Sim, and Creature-Robot Crossbreeder (from the adopted daughter; Lorraine's babies are triplet sons, thank the Gods!) and it looks like we're gonna get those. The heir is now going steady with some girl called Lucia Messina, who is Charismatic, Family-Oriented, and a Klepto.

*crosses fingers for Surrounded by Family!*

Great legacy idea, Sav!

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:34 AM
necroposting sounds sketchy... but I just found this legacy today, and I'm about to start it!
Test Subject
#92 Old 15th May 2010 at 4:37 AM
ROFL I would just like to ask something... If a burglar comes, does it count if he doesn't take anything? My sim was using the only thing she owned (the bed) when the burglar came, so he just left lol
Test Subject
#93 Old 17th May 2010 at 6:36 AM
Its nice to see this post up again. Ive played this challenge before but both times i lost my families. But when Ambitious comes out im going to give this a try again.
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:49 AM Last edited by ngermana : 21st May 2010 at 11:15 PM.
I've another question, if anybody knows. Do the spouses have to be born in game, or can we create them?

EDIT: Well I've used CAS to make my sim's future wife. I wanted to get some unique genes in the family, which is the only reason.
Test Subject
#95 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:49 PM
I have officially started playing Ambitions using this challenge... SO much fun!!
Test Subject
#96 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM
I might give this one a try too. I am glad it was active again or else I might have missed it.
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 8:32 PM
I've never been good at sticking with a sims game for generation after generation, but I'm definitely going to try on this one, I think it's a great challenge! Starting with my sim Eve: her traits rolled to be Green thumb, moocher, perfectionist, frugal, and technophobe so her LTW is Perfect Garden.
Moved her into the 60x60 lot in Sunset Valley, all she could afford of course were the basic necessities...

Yet a burglar still found it appropriate to swipe her toilet -_-
She got a job in the science career, has a little garden, switched over to the medical career and finally could afford walls for a home! She met the cutie Ian Bowler who promptly impregnated her and hopefully they will be married.
Test Subject
#98 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:58 AM
I might try this again, since now Ambitions has given eight new nice LTWs. ^_^

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:45 AM
i going to give this a try. sounds like fun
Test Subject
#100 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:46 PM
I have just started this challenge as it seems unlike any other legacy and I think it will be fun. I have tweaked the rules slightly to suit my style of play. I think this challenge is going to keep me amused for ages. I have also added that each sim must complete at least 2 skills with all the challenges associated with those skills.
Page 4 of 6