Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:57 PM
Default Anyone else a little disappointed with Late Night?
I mean, seriously. We get two traits, a neighborhood that's, for most, really glitchy, barely any Sims walking the streets, yet another broken library, only one household per high rise, and the goggles astrological signs do nothing.

I'm still glad I got it for the band stuff and vampires, but still...TWO frickin' traits?! We got six with Ambitions and three with World Adventures, six if you count the inheritable Culture traits. I mean, really, EA? You can't sell something if you keep being lazy!!

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:09 PM
yes I am to some degree for all the above reasons.
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:09 PM
I agree there could be more to it, but in my opinion it's a heck of a lot better than the first two EPs. Maybe it's because I'm a vampire lover.
The only thing I hate about this EP, that probably everyone knows by now, is the constant puking
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
There are a few things that I dislike that they've added. One is the black space in the apartment buildings. It's ugly and a waste. You can't do anything with it.

Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage. That and the opportunity where your boss calls and says that your image is everything and that you need to work out for four hours. I think that's gross, especially with the younger girls that might play this game. Yes, I understand that they are an aspiring actress/actor but... it just seems... wrong... for some reason. Plus with all the random barfing in this game... no.

I like to play the Sims because I can make my characters look however they want to (on purpose) and still be as successful as someone who fits the norm in "real life" (gosh that sounds nerdy).

Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

PLUS the glitchy town. Fix that shit, EA.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
Well ---
Not disappointed. Quite pleased in many ways, especially with vamps and the new clothing (and of course the sliders!). Agree about the traits, we could do with more. Haven't missed signs, don't want them if I can choose (seriously, do people care irl?!) and still I hate it when i don't pick one.

My biggest problem is the names of the townies. No normal ones, most are called sleazy politician or reality wannabe... Think it's a bug, especially since all names are in english and my game is in norwegian :P
Tried to put the bars and discos and so in SV, but that's nearly impossible. They require lots we don't have, 45x32 and so... Annoying like hell, and I am no great builder. Looks like I'm stuck in bridgeport until someone uploads bars here
Anyway, it' better than the other 2, but that's not saying it's good yet.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:17 PM
More traits would have been good, I'm sure there are more which could have been incorporated, and crowding for elevators is annoying. Overall though I'm pleased with it though.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:23 PM
I'm dissapointed because no one show up in the clubs. Back in Sims , Hot Date town was so full of people, so may things to do... And Bridgeport is.. meh
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:38 PM
Well it HAS only been out for a couple days. And the glitches are bothersome but (hopefully) nothing a patch (or two. Or three. Or--) can't fix. And what it lacks in some areas (less traits, shell buildings) it makes up for in others (new skills, new instruments, new body sliders, etc...). I mean, it seems like an equal tradeoff, what they're leaving out and what they're giving, at least IMHO. Still not sure I forgive the game for borking my save, though... u_u
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:50 PM
heartbreak- Sadly that actually happens in real life, some actors are told to lose weight by some higher ups, I know of aleast two actresses that happened to (Which I believe one actress stood up for the other and the other actress, who happened to be my favorite wasn't going to be told to lose weight just because those higher up are shallow, I think she mentioned about it in a blog of hers too). So I guess it's pretty much realistic, the good part is your actor/actress can just ignore it, anytime it shows up I am like get lost, my sim is skinny as and she does not have to make herself even skinner if it's possible (Come to think of it I think it only happened with two of my female celebrities, and not the one male celebrity in the same family I had but he only had 1 star).

I actually like this game though, I like the way my Sims dance at the nightclubs especially together, it's kinda realistic the way they do it. I only saw the puking once and that was by some papparazzi had no idea what happened. It is annoying how that apparently having a baby while not getting married is bad and they slander you (Lucky for my sim she sued the pants off whoever did that) while her celebrity brother in law is beating the crap out of her, his wife and her sister and only got slandered once.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:01 AM
I don't like the whole celebrity thing, but I bought the EP anyway, thinking I could ignore it which to some extent I can. It was the only way to get the other instruments. Why I cared I'm not so sure - I guess I had Late Night fever.
And I like my sim being able to go out to the bar and dance club. IRL celebrities are something distant I can read about or not as I so desire - in the game these bullshit celebrities are all over the place.
I like having new instruments, find the black spaces in the buildings disturbing, like having better bars and clubs with drinks, don't care about the breast slider, haven't tried the hot tub yet. I haven't had any problems yet with the game crashing or bad saves. I'm sure there are many things I haven't discovered yet.
In conclusion, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed - it's okay, but I'm not super thrilled either.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
heartbreak- Sadly that actually happens in real life, some actors are told to lose weight by some higher ups, I know of aleast two actresses that happened to (Which I believe one actress stood up for the other and the other actress, who happened to be my favorite wasn't going to be told to lose weight just because those higher up are shallow, I think she mentioned about it in a blog of hers too). So I guess it's pretty much realistic, the good part is your actor/actress can just ignore it, anytime it shows up I am like get lost, my sim is skinny as and she does not have to make herself even skinner if it's possible (Come to think of it I think it only happened with two of my female celebrities, and not the one male celebrity in the same family I had but he only had 1 star).

Oh totally. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of that (as I stated in my OP). That's why I wish it wasn't apart of the game.

It just seemed like a downer because I play the Sims to "escape". You can be whoever you want, do whatever you want and look however you want yet still be successful and important (which isn't always the case in real life). It just... weirded me out, especially thinking of my nieces who will play this. Sure, they're 15 but damn. lol
Space Pony
#12 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:22 AM
I'm just disappointed in the size of the town...If you look there really aren't that many houses.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:42 AM
I feel like I'm going to have to create my own town to really 'experience' LN as advertised.

Starting with making the map a tiny island so that the performance issue related problems are resolved including; The laggy elevator of doom, and the fact that you can't seem to get to the club and enjoy yourself before it closes. Also... smaller lots wanted. Badly. The high rises waste way more room than they should really be taking up with all the landscaping around some of them, and that should be minimal.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:15 AM
The only things that disappoint me are the crowding that happens in front of the elevators and the lack of people in the clubs. Also, it's too easy to become a celebrity. Other than that, I'm pleased with this expansion. I like the vampires and think that they are really awesome, basically everyone in my town is super attractive, and I like the fact that we basically have Superstar back, because that was one of my favorite Sims 1 expansions. I was getting really sick of the small town feel of the Sims series, so this urban expansion is really awesome to me.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara

I actually like this game though, I like the way my Sims dance at the nightclubs especially together, it's kinda realistic the way they do it. I only saw the puking once and that was by some papparazzi had no idea what happened. It is annoying how that apparently having a baby while not getting married is bad and they slander you (Lucky for my sim she sued the pants off whoever did that) while her celebrity brother in law is beating the crap out of her, his wife and her sister and only got slandered once.

damn lucky for my sim the storyline in one city is not related to the others because he will never be a celebrity i got kids all over china,france and egipt , and the other cities lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:48 AM
You know, it's kind of funny. People keep saying there's such a big crowd at the elevators and the entrances of the bars...The most people I've had at an elevator was...like...five, and that's including the two people inside it. And I've had it since the day it came out. And there's been nearly nobody at the bars.

An easy way for EA to fix the hollowness of the buildings (easy = less work = EA would love this!) is to have lots on top of one another. Essentially, have each floor (or parts of a floor) be different lots so you could still stick to the "one household per lot" rule yet not have to own an entire high rise. (For $5,000, too. Hell, that's one good deal! Why don't I get deals like that in real life?!)

So...EA should add more to the high rises and add more families to those high rises (and hopefully rename the Sims because Party Boy is not a real name. Neither is Opera Singer. We could still have the name puns. Oprah Stinger? See what I did there?) they could have the download up on their site and have us verify that we own LN by having us type in the codes on the booklet. That would, one, discourage people sharing discs and buying their own (moar money = EA would love this!) and, two, make us happy!

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Eminence Grise
#17 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
There are a few things that I dislike that they've added. One is the black space in the apartment buildings. It's ugly and a waste. You can't do anything with it.

Yes you can :O Just involves a few cheats and buydebug mode. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423229
Inventor
#18 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
So...EA should add more to the high rises and add more families to those high rises (and hopefully rename the Sims because Party Boy is not a real name. Neither is Opera Singer. We could still have the name puns. Oprah Stinger? See what I did there?) they could have the download up on their site and have us verify that we own LN by having us type in the codes on the booklet. That would, one, discourage people sharing discs and buying their own (moar money = EA would love this!) and, two, make us happy!

Your premade sims don't have real names?

That's an interesting glitch. I don't have that problem in my game. Wonder why it happened like that in yours?

kittens!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:45 AM
Well I've had my problems my whole town seemed to get more and more borked as my sim became more and more popular. I actually moved him and his house and started a whole new Bridgeport (Thank you Twaillian! for letting me put relationships right in the new town!) Any way overall I like it and since I only payed 7 dollars for it I can't complain too much. As far as elevators never had any trouble there. the clubs have populated more and more as I've played, they actually have their alloted 8 sims many times. There is really a lot I like about the game but there is disappointment. It has to do with housing and building. Fortunately with cheats I have turned his original apt in to a pretty nice penthouse. there really are no great houses or apartments to "move up" to. And after working my poor sim to death how do I reward him? The best houses on the hill are taken and they are not really that great any way in MHO. The most expensive apt (139,000 or something like that) isn't that cool. there Just those two lots on the hill which few if any of my downloaded houses will fit on and frankly I like to build when I like to build, but to HAVE to build just to get him out of that apt? uhhhg. That is my main disappointment.
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
An easy way for EA to fix the hollowness of the buildings (easy = less work = EA would love this!) is to have lots on top of one another. Essentially, have each floor (or parts of a floor) be different lots so you could still stick to the "one household per lot" rule yet not have to own an entire high rise. (For $5,000, too. Hell, that's one good deal! Why don't I get deals like that in real life?!)

I've mostly really enjoyed the expansion, okay the few hours I've spent on it so far. But this? I don't even understand what this wasn't done in the first place. The empty black spaces are just wasted as it is. I can't even go into my "neighbors" house.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:18 AM
The black space in apartments isn't really that bad. In TS2 I always had trouble getting the camera work right with apartments if I was playing on the top floor of an apartment building. Move the camera too much and you fall to the ground. At least, now, I've found the camera much more user friendly with apartments.

I hope, when I build my own apartment the camera will work just as nicely if my sim lives on the top floor, and the rest of the floors are hidden. I've only gotten maybe 30 minutes of game time in Bridgeport and have not yet build my own apartment lot, so I might change my mind on this later on, but for now, I would say the way apartment implementation is nice. I don't mind the blackness of the other floors because if they are not used, why waste processing powers on them. And what comes to neighbours, I hated them in AL, so if this time they just stick to their own apartments, never to be seen unless I summon for them, it's all good.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:19 AM
Outside of 1 game crash thus far, while I'm glade music has ben made a skill with more instruments they need to bring in some WINDS!! (I'm a sax player).

Otherwise I compare this more to Ambitions. Ambitions and Night Life remix elements from related earlier prequel expansions but they just haven't sparked like Sims 2 expansions (and I haven't played those...now a wish I did). I have yet to scratch the surface so I may change my mind.

Personally, I like WA the best. It was a bold choice and the travel and exploration gimmick was in-depth, besides the other stuff. I like playing single sims, perfect for tomb looting.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:32 AM
The highrises are a total letdown. Only having one family per highrise is ridiculous, and doesn't seem like it would be hard to incorporate more. I have no idea why E.A. did it that way.

It's been said before, but there aren't any places to move up to. A created sim could afford almost any of the apartments there are available, I think there are a total of two or three in the entire town that have more than one bedroom, and they're almost non-editable to make room. I also have only seen one, MAYBE two empty lots in the entire town! Where are we supposed to move expanding families to? Trying to move my vampire couple into a bigger place after they had a baby has been a nightmare. The kid is a toddler and they are still in a one bedroom apartment. Any of the ones they could afford are even smaller, and the ones they can't afford are so high out of their budget the kid would be an adult before they could move into it. I have no idea where I'm gonna put a bed for it after it becomes a child.

Also, it seems like there's never anyone at the clubs. Even if I go to one that's marked as a hotspot, sometimes there's not even any sims inside it other than the bouncers and bartenders, and my laptop should be able to handle a ton of sims. I can play fallout 3 with the settings all the way up and not have an issue. Getting more than 3 or 4 sims in a club shouldn't be too much to handle.

Oddly enough I have not encountered the vomiting problem that everyone else seems to be having. The only sim I had throw up so far was pregnant.

Other than that I like it a lot, and there will probably be mods in the future that correct some of the issues.

Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:44 AM
I don't get how people are complaining about lack of people at bars.

If you go to the right bar on the right day its going to have quite a few Sims in it.

Maybe you guys are glitched or something? I've seen at least 8 to 10 sims at hot spots so far.

I HAVE noticed the weird puking thing. Is there an actual reason for this?

For instance, every time sims walk past the bar entering Eugi's, they puke. EVERYONE. Its just weird.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
I don't get how people are complaining about lack of people at bars.

If you go to the right bar on the right day its going to have quite a few Sims in it.

Maybe you guys are glitched or something? I've seen at least 8 to 10 sims at hot spots so far.

I HAVE noticed the weird puking thing. Is there an actual reason for this?

For instance, every time sims walk past the bar entering Eugi's, they puke. EVERYONE. Its just weird.

maybe they are drunk? lol
Page 1 of 9