Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets
Default Sims 2 Issues with SC4 files, Paintings and music.
A couple of weeks ago I added some new pictures into the Paintings folder for sims to do at the easel, I have had custom work there forever. I also copied some MP3s into the music folders to some of the radio stations. All of a sudden the sims at the easel pull up a blank window when doing a custom painting, plus the only songs that will play on any settings is the maxis stuff. The neighborhood photo in the SC4 files are just a blank grid., I completely uninstalled my games, cleaned the registry and reinstalled with no downloads or anything. Starting it for the first time to check it I find the SC4 map is still blank!! Has some media program stolen the file extensions or something? Why is a fresh install still corrupt?
I have all game expansions and celebrations installed on a win 7 home built computer.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:45 AM
I know of one of those issues. The hood image is blank because it has no image the hood should be there but you haven't set a picture to the main menu screen. I don't know how to but there is a tutorial to put a picture file so it shows up there.

Other than that I don't know about the other problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:01 AM
They were there, now their gone. Its a blank icon.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I know of one of those issues. The hood image is blank because it has no image the hood should be there but you haven't set a picture to the main menu screen. I don't know how to but there is a tutorial to put a picture file so it shows up there.

Other than that I don't know about the other problems.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 2:33 PM
Re-installing only helps if the problem is with the game installation files, which it almost never is.

This sounds to me like an argument between programs on your computer. Something - an anti-virus? - has either destroyed those pictures, moved them, or in some other way made them inaccessible. I know new anti-virus software sometimes wrecks game files that it doesn't recognize, but wouldn't expect that to be the problem for .mp3, .jpg, or .png files. I would start by looking at the files themselves, though honestly I wouldn't know what to look for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 7:10 AM
That could well be it. I installed Panda Internet Security before the issues started. The game runs fine for now, I will live without them until I wipe and reload my older WinXP computer and will reload on there. Its not running Panda. Thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Re-installing only helps if the problem is with the game installation files, which it almost never is.

This sounds to me like an argument between programs on your computer. Something - an anti-virus? - has either destroyed those pictures, moved them, or in some other way made them inaccessible. I know new anti-virus software sometimes wrecks game files that it doesn't recognize, but wouldn't expect that to be the problem for .mp3, .jpg, or .png files. I would start by looking at the files themselves, though honestly I wouldn't know what to look for.