Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 2:48 PM Last edited by craigibhoy : 27th Nov 2016 at 3:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Help installing mods
Hi can someone help me i have UNI,& NL, expansion packs and some mods by michelle have a few downloads attached which look like for other expansion packs as well as the core game, can someone guide me which one i would download seeing as i have the expansion packs mentioned, thanks.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 3:45 PM
If you have the EP listed next to the download, download that version. Otherwise, download the basegame version.

If there's more than one file labelled for an EP you have, then get the one for the newest EP. For example, if you were looking at a bookcase and it had an AL version as well as an OfB version, and you had both OfB and AL installed, you'd download the AL version, because AL was released after OfB. This isn't likely to happen very often if you only have Uni and NL installed, though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 4:14 PM
For recolors of Maxis clothing, hair, or objects, you won't be able to use anything that's not for the base game, University, or Nightlife. Anything that's for a later expansion or stuff pack will be looking for a mesh that isn't available. It shouldn't cause a problem, it just means that the content won't work. Recolors of custom meshes for Maxis clothing, hair, or objects are generally base-game compatible.

For lots, the EP and SP tags usually mean that the lot contains content from those packs, or at least that the lot creator has them installed, so the lot might contain content from those packs. Don't try to use any lot that's tagged for EPs other than Uni and NL.

For true mods, only download those that say they are for Nightlife.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 6:16 PM
Thanks for the massive help guys just another point if theres a few of the same mod but non for my 2 ep's can i just go ahead and download the mod for the base game or should i just leave the mod alone.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 8:20 PM
Get the base game mod. If the mod was made for BG, and the first time it was modified was for Pets, that means it worked fine with all the engines in between and the creator had no reason to update it until then.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)