Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Townies in Beginning Pleasantview, I'm stumped....
I have a weird question .. problem.. what .. I don't know exactly. Ok, so it's like this, I do not have any stealth or clean templates currently installed as somtimes I happen to like havin the townies and don't want them modded out.

I opened up my Beginning Pleasantview (by Marka93) put the Goodies on a lot, gave them the SimBlender, and enabled teleporting. Then I went lookin to teleport some of the townies to the lot only to not be able to locate the ... err .. main? ones. By main, I mean all the regular ones that you usually get, Benjamin Long, Goopy, Abhijeet ... and so on. I got the various ones that get added in for the later eps (at least that's where I'm guessin their from.)

I can't figure out why the main ones are not showing.

I started a brand new hood to check and they show up in the new hood as well as my old ones. I'd thought maybe I'd done somethin wrong with BP, so I took that BP out and I put in a fresh new one. Still no townies. So why are they not showing up in BP?

@Marka93 .. did you disable them? Can they even be disabled? I'm stumped.

I know I can clone them to put them in myself, but I'd rather just figure out why they're not showin up in the first place.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:30 AM
Yes they are disable because I use clean and empty templates to make all my hoods with.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:35 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 29th Nov 2016 at 7:52 AM.
Ok, thanks .. I did wonder. So then if I want them in BP, I'll need to clone and add them myself .. yes?

I didn't realize that it wouldn't populate for me if I didn't have the stealth/ empty hoods, but it was made w/ them. That is interesting.

EDIT: Ok, now wait, I'm even more confused. If you used the stealth/ empty hoods to create them, then how come some of the townies show up? I think there is like 3 or 4 ...err familes? (not related, but can't think of what to call them when they're all bunched together) with about 6 to 8 sims. I believe these are ones that are from the later EP's.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 7:57 AM
You won't get the Pleasantview set of townies with BP, but if you add a Downtown, you'll get the Downtownies, if you add a vacation lot, you get the vacation families, etc. That's because those subhoods are added after you load BP. If you had empty templates, you wouldn't get those either.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 9:15 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 29th Nov 2016 at 9:46 AM.
I'm not addin any subhoods - no downtown, no university, no vacation spot .. nothing. I was usin the Blender to teleport them to the lot.

Ok, so in lookin the info up on Wikia .. they are the Townies from hidden Weather, Exotic Destinations, and Magic. I also get all the bin families .. Ottomas, Roseland, Goodies, ....

So, it seems I'm gettin everyone .. except the main townies from the Base Game ... (confused blonde here).
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 10:31 AM
You didn't get the Pleasantview townies because Marka93 didn't include them in Pleasantview. You get all the other townies and the bin families because you didn't install empty templates. Marka's Pleasantview only contains the ancestors of Pleasantview (if I'm right), so you can play it also if you only own the Base Game. But you installed the EPs who add the hidden subhoods (Weather etcetera, those with the non-Pleasantview townies and the bin families) to your copy of The beginning of Pleasantview, the first time you load BP.

To create a Pleasantview without the non-Pleasantview townies and the bin families, you need to install empty templates.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:13 AM
CaliBrat, marka said he used empty templates so you have no Pleasantview townies. The Pleasantview townies are Goopy, Ben Long etc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:33 PM
I only use empty Pleasantview template to make my base game hoods that includes all the Beginning Hoods. (I should say I use AGS to create empty base game hoods to start with no Maxis content.)

So any sub-hoods that add sims, townies or NPC will still add them unless you use empty clean templates for them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:17 PM
Calibrat, here's how it works.

Mark creates a base game neighborhood in an empty environment, so no townies are added.
You take this base game neighborhood and add it to your all EP game. The game recognizes that this pre-existing neighborhood needs to be updated to add EPs. It assumes the Pleasantview townies were added when the neighborhood was first created, so ignores that stealth hood, but installs all the others, along with the advanced UI and other EP features the neighborhood needs to run in your game configuration.

When you first load a neighborhood, it takes longer than usual and you get loading screens and scrollbars telling you that it's doing things with animals and weather and whatever. That's because it's adding all the stealth hoods and updating the items whose uses changed with additional EPs. But there's no point in adding things twice, so it recognizes which game configuration last ran the neighborhood, and doesn't update for anything that should have been added prior to that.

That's why you don't get that extra load time every time you load a neighborhood, why adding empty templates doesn't take away the Pleasantview townies that already exist, and why people who have empty templates and decide they want the Pleasantview townies in a new neighborhood can change out their templates without adding unwanted townies to other, existing neighborhoods.

You got it now? Different people can keep explaining it in different ways until it clicks for you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:49 PM
I was doin this at 2am my time so that might of contributed to my confusion .. lol. I think I might understand ... now :P.

I know how Stealth and Empty hoods work, or thought I did. I just didn't fully understand that it affected those that were made usin the Stealth and/or Empty hoods. I thought it was just on your own hoods to give you the freedom to choose if you wanted those extra sims or not.

I'll just extract those I want with SimPE and put them in my game and make them Townies.

Thanks ya'll for bein so patient with me.
Alchemist
#11 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:05 PM
You can also download the townies here: http://maranatah.livejournal.com/107747.html
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You can also download the townies here: http://maranatah.livejournal.com/107747.html

If I download and add one of the NPCs from maranatah does that Sim appear in the NPC category then? Do the Townie Sims appear in the Sim bin or do they just appear among the Townies in the game? I don't download anyone's Sims so I am asking first.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 10:59 PM
You'd have to turn them into townies using your preferred method.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:07 PM
You will find downloaded sims in CAS under custom sims. Make them in CAS, place them on a lot then turn them into townies. I'm not sure if you can turn sims into NPC's, the game normally generates those as needed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You will find downloaded sims in CAS under custom sims. Make them in CAS, place them on a lot then turn them into townies. I'm not sure if you can turn sims into NPC's, the game normally generates those as needed.

Thanks for the info. I decided to download one of the Pleasant View ones and check it out.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.