Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 4:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim keeps getting As
So for some reason one of my sims (maybe more; I haven't checked with my other sims to see if it also applies to them) keeps getting on the dean's list no matter how little studying she does! It doesn't matter if she's a bit below the white line, she's going to get an A plus! She's studying at La Fiesta Tech, and has had problems with homework in the past, namely that her homework as well as that of any teen in her household disappears. The problem went away when she left for college, but it might be related to this. Also, the other teen, Rachel, didn't have that problem until she was several days into the teen age, maybe the same days as when I canceled one of Hemlock's interactions to show off an A grade.

Hemlock's a punk, and for storytelling reasons I don't want her to get on the dean's list every time. Do you have any advice?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 4:31 AM
Disappearing homework can be the result of having no parents on a lot, if that is the reason there is a mod fix for that called 'get parents'.

Is it autumn at uni? That will boost the grade. Try having her do nothing not even class.

You can also set the grade you want with the college adjuster

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Disappearing homework can be the result of having no parents on a lot, if that is the reason there is a mod fix for that called 'get parents'.

Is it autumn at uni? That will boost the grade. Try having her do nothing not even class.

You can also set the grade you want with the college adjuster

Thanks, do you have a link?
I'm pretty sure it's autumn. My sims always start out at summer. Hmm... I'll change La Fiesta Tech's seasons to summer all year long because it's in the desert. Do you think this is accurate? I've never been to a desert before.

And yes, their parents were probably gone when they returned home. Rachel's an alien, so she has only one, while Hemlock's parents don't live with her.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 4:58 AM
'Get parents' http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0
college adjuster http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0
Right there on the first page of Google.

Maybe have one spring?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 6:33 AM
It depends on the desert. The Antarctic is a desert. I have two neighborhoods with LFT in them, in one of which the whole neighborhood (Strangetown) is set to summer/summer/summer/winter, to simulate my own experience in Texas, especially arid West Texas, where it's possible for the temperature to drop 50 degrees in the time it takes to cross the street, if a norther is coming through. In the other, LFT is summer/summer/spring/fall, to simulate a slightly different climate.

It rains far too much in sim summers for deserts, unless you get a climate mod.

As for your main problem, it's also possible this is a mod conflict or a bit of custom content acting weird. Is it only this student? It shouldn't be possible to get an A unless the grade bar is fully open.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It depends on the desert. The Antarctic is a desert. I have two neighborhoods with LFT in them, in one of which the whole neighborhood (Strangetown) is set to summer/summer/summer/winter, to simulate my own experience in Texas, especially arid West Texas, where it's possible for the temperature to drop 50 degrees in the time it takes to cross the street, if a norther is coming through. In the other, LFT is summer/summer/spring/fall, to simulate a slightly different climate.

It rains far too much in sim summers for deserts, unless you get a climate mod.

As for your main problem, it's also possible this is a mod conflict or a bit of custom content acting weird. Is it only this student? It shouldn't be possible to get an A unless the grade bar is fully open.

I changed the season to summer and she only got a B plus or minus. Still a bit high for someone who barely studied and skipped class a bit to party in the wasteland lodge.

I thought up an ingame reason why that might be. Dirk really wants Hemlock to not get kicked out or have a bad record, so he convinced the teachers to overlook certain things and give her a higher grade.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 6:01 PM
Good, not a problem then.

Sim professors are generous graders. A student with the necessary skills can make dean's list without doing anything school-related at all except attending class and the final. If you want them to fail with an open gradebar, you'll have to keep them out of class and/or skip the final entirely; and even then they can do enough group research and assignments autonomously, while visiting other playables or in the backgrounds of community lots, to pass. If you want to restrict a sim's GPA, restricting their skilling is the surest thing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 7:29 PM
Yes hi I would like this bug in real life

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree