Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 6:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All dormies are secret members?
So my sim got abducted to the secret society, and once there, all +20 unplayable dormies were in the lot as members too. Needless to say yes, my game was really lagged.

This is more of a WCIF tho, as i'm searching for a mod to stop the game from force setting my dormies as secret members again (I dont have a problem making them normal dormies, but after a few minutes of game some of them gradually came back as members, so that means eventually all of them would end up coming back)

The reason I posted here was because im really shocked this could happen. Clean templates, custom neighborhood, the only thing I can think of is that I created all dormies myself. I must have forgotten about setting some of them as secret members and now my game is forcing them all to be one? Still its odd. Anyways.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 7:16 AM
That was in list of essential mods.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/samples/ts2/

nossrespawn.zip -

Eliminates re-spawning of Secret Society members. Secret Society members should
not be spawned to replace ones you happen to kill for whatever reason, except
as a very last resort of total desperation (which should be near-impossible, but
is there just in case), in which it will create one member. If there are not enough
SS members, when the game attempts to generate one, it will, instead of generating
a new NPC, induct a YA townie instead, and use him. The game will also not insist
on generating more to fill max visitor count when you are abducted (IF you still
are abducted: should theoretically work with no-abduct). Therefore, if there is
no SS townie, the game will first attempt to create one by promoting an existing
YA townie. If it cannot, it will only create one if there is not even a single
available member to perform the initiation ceremony. If for some reason your
university has a dormie population of zero, don't kill this last guy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 9:10 AM
This is really odd, then. I have this mod (pretty sure I even recommended it in a 'Must have' mod kinda thread. Uh... Maybe I removed it without noticing... knowing me, i'm pretty sure thats the reason. I already turned off my computer so i'll check it out later, but thanks, Annaminna, I dont know how I always forget the mods I most use. I really should go to sleep.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Feestrang : 4th Dec 2016 at 5:14 PM.
Lol, nope. I still have it. Ugh, maybe a conflict? Has this ever happened to someone else who has created their own dormies? Just to be sure.
Edit: I checked, and I have both Nossrespawn and Nodormieregen.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:33 PM Last edited by marka93 : 4th Dec 2016 at 5:44 PM.
Try and load the mod last and see what happens.

Make sure you have the mod for your setup.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Feestrang : 8th Dec 2016 at 4:06 AM. Reason: reupload image
What mod should I rename to be read last? Nossrespawn? And oh, nothing i've done so far has worked. The game still loads the lot with +30 sims (i counted bad the other time). This only happens when I send my sims to the secret societ lot. In campus if I change the dormies status to normal students they still are normal students. In the moment I load the secret lot they all become members, or one by one start showing up as one. Image (bad quality tho):

You can see that some of them are teleporting there. And yes, they are ALL my dormies. I haven't edited the lot in any way, it's fresh in this neighborhood.
Addition: I'm going to give up with this one, as the problem only arises when I load the lot, and I'm not into making my sims members of the secret society, and HCDU shows nothing about conflicts.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 4:28 AM
Okay, that's not normal behavior, with or without that mod. The HCDU doesn't show every possible conflict. Pull your downloads and see if it still happens.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#8 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:16 AM
I have the same thing in my post-apocalyptic uni, started off with empty template. Gradually, all dormies became members. They also all get instant badges in gardening upon arrival to SS lot, and I'm not sure that's normal (sure handy in post-apocalyptic 'hood ).
I didn't know you could make them normal again, so haven't tried that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I have the same thing in my post-apocalyptic uni, started off with empty template. Gradually, all dormies became members. They also all get instant badges in gardening upon arrival to SS lot, and I'm not sure that's normal (sure handy in post-apocalyptic 'hood ).
I didn't know you could make them normal again, so haven't tried that.

Well at least i'm not the only one. Phew. Damn glitches. I haven't looked if they have badges, but I highly doubt it in my case. Anyways i'll load my neighborhood now without any kind of mod to see if it happens again. To make them normal students again I used Insim tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Okay, that's not normal behavior, with or without that mod. The HCDU doesn't show every possible conflict. Pull your downloads and see if it still happens.

Yeah, HCDU doesnt show any odd or new mod conflict. The ones that are showing are old ones that are fixed by load order, which I checked a long time ago.
I'm going make some back ups, going to load the game now without any mods, then use another back up to load the game only with nossrespawn and nodormieregen. I'll update soon I guess.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:55 PM
If you're starting with empty templates, it'll create SS dormies till the SS is full; but even then it stops at a reasonable number. Good luck.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:08 AM
Are you on the UC or fully patched if you are on disks?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you're starting with empty templates, it'll create SS dormies till the SS is full; but even then it stops at a reasonable number. Good luck.

I've also seen the mobs of dormies becoming SS members. I thought it was just trying to bring the SS up to the max number of visiting sims, which I've got set to 20 - the mod description says it doesn't create new sims to go up to that level, but giving memberships to dormies isn't the same as creating new sims.

I normally start with empty templates and mods to limit population, and either create a few dormies myself or move a single sim into a small or medium dorm to have the game create a few. I haven't seen it generate new dormies/SS members beyond the ones already in the 'hoods, but most dormies either I or the game create do end up in the SS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 5:02 AM
Just to clarify, I created this neighborhood with empty templates, 0 sims at first besides the universal ones (and alien npcs). I had all the "essential mods" since the beginning. When I created the university I first created dormies, and set like 4-6 of them as secret members. I didn't notice this "bug" or conflict until one of my sims recently got abducted to the secret lot, and then I started this thread. Right now I have the UC, but I had sims going to university before (on other neighborhoods) and this never happened. It's new.
So, update below spoilers.

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense, i'm kinda tired. And as this is really time consuming I guess i'll leave it be. I wasn't even planning in making my sims ss members, this was really an unexpected thing to happen. My sim probably befriended those few ss members while I was playing other playables sims at the university, haha. Anyways i'm grateful with the replies and suggestions I got, but if I keep on checking things like this i'll probably lose my mind.
However, If I have to make an assumption, I would say that this was probably my own fault. Maybe setting so few dormies as ss members? or maybe I should've left the game to create its own dormies for awhile before putting nossrespawn/nodormieregen and creating my own dormies. I believe it's the latter.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:06 AM
I'm about to create a custom Uni with clean templates and I (currently) have the noSS respawn mod. I'm playing about in a Test hood, but I didn't get the templates for LFT and LaTour and found some sims in the bin I didn't want. So I guess with all three clean default replacements, any one of the maxis secret societies will come with no members? I'm going to test this. I'm also going to test creating my own secret society with a few members. I'll create 11 dormies, then after setting 3 of them as SS (or if I can't, wait for the game to do it's thing) I'll become a member, and see if all the dormies become SS. I'll load a backup without the noSS mod and see what changes.
Has anyone else experimented with this? When I create my Uni for my Greek mythology hood I'm going to have the Norse gods as dormies but the gods from the Silmarillion (Tolkein) as secret society. I don't want all the dormies turning up as members, only the Valar please, and I'll make them all neat so hopefully they'll put their books away!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 6:28 PM
Ok so I've worked out a few things:

1) With clean templates, and the norespawn/antiredundancy mods, any SS will take the first 8 dormies as members. I made 11 dormies, cleared them off the lot, then moved a test subject to the 12 bed dorm; all 11 dormies appeared in order of dormification.
When you first go to a community lot the first dormie should be stood there with the SS jacket on. I can't remember if I left any time between moving in to the dorm, allowing that dormie to arrive and leave again, and going to the lot. On one test I only ever had 2 SS members with jackets on show up at a community lot (1 and 2), even though I caught dormie number 6 with a SS icon in the action queue. I made friends with the two and that 6th dormie but never got abducted. In previous tests I had managed to get abducted by making friends with the first 3 dormies who showed up on community lots wearing the jacket (1, 4 and 5). DON'T BEFRIEND THEM BEFORE THEY GET THE JACKET OR YOU'LL NEVER GET ABDUCTED. Maybe watch the first three dormies arrive and leave the dorm before going to a lot?

2) It wasn't until I moved in that first dormie SS member to a new house I had moved my test subject into, and used that SS member to go to the lot that I found the SS lot full of members: there were 8, the 9th dormie had been recruited to replace the first leaving the dormie pool.
So the game, with the mods, ensures it has the minimum of 8 SS members. When I moved dormies 1-3 into my new house and went to the lot, the next 3 dormies (9-11) were there because the game always needs 8 dormies as SS members, and I had taken 3 dormies out of the pool.

3) I spent a fair amount of time at the SS lot and I never had any more dormies show up and become members. Only the minimum/maximum of 8. Even when they said goodbye and left, meaning there were less than 8 present on the lot, no new dormies were recruited. The problems above in this thread with 20, 40+ dormies showing up as SS members must be a conflict with another mod.

4) I rushed through making these SS members and didn't check their neatness but I still had DIRTY DISHES AND BOOKS EVERYWHERE!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:16 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to make sure to remind everybody of this. If you have the intprop cheat set to increase the maximum number of visitors to your lot (for example intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 30), this will also affect the number of Secret Society members that show up at the Secret Society lot. I messed around with that cheat and set it to a fairly high number awhile back to try to increase the number of guests I could have at a party, and the game ended up drafting almost every single dormie in the neighborhood into the Secret Society. I had to restore a backup copy of the neighborhood and turn off the cheat in order to keep the Society membership down to just 8 sims.